Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did you take the Pledge?

• Yes

Votes: 68 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
joking aside i do have a real story obviously.

when i was little i always knew i liked boys they were cute. as i got older i knew it but rejected it heavily 6-7th grade year i knew i was "BI" but i didnt tell anyone until 8th grade year and i told my gf at the time. lol and she said okay whatever she was too. but then i came in my freshman year and i went to a private christian school at the time. there was no gay people allowed and i told a few people and more and more until finally i just told everyone the summer i left the school. no one really cared. the only person to care in my family was my mom. heaven forbid she still refuses to recognize it. but i dont care anymore. no one seems to have an issue with it though. i have a pretty easy life :)

this might sound wrong, but I've never looked at your profile and I always just assumed you were a big black woman because of your profile pic! I never even knew you were a guy haha. great story though, glad to hear that no one picked on you. :)

I thought this video was really touching and super relevant to this thread.

Our country really needs to do better and I applaud everyone who stands firm in this fight against discrimination across all creeds, colors, religious beliefs, and sexual orientation.

100000% agreed. Discrimination against people for their sexual orientation is no different than racism. It's like some people didn't learn anything from the fight for equal rights and desegregation in th 1950s and 1960s. When will people understand this?!?

One of our Coaches at Texas Cheer does t-shirt designs called KARMA. His company did a NOH8 shirt. This is such a great cause!
8b127ac1.jpg

My grandma is very rasict, prejudice, and old fashioned in her way of thinking. On Thanksgiving, we were having a conversation and somehow gay marraige got brought into it. I have quite a few friends who are gay and I don't see anything wrong with it.. Me and her argued for a good half hour and it only stopped there because she was basically telling me I didn't believe in God (I do believe in God by the way) and I decided I didn't want to listen to her anymore. So I walk out of the living room I turn to her and say, "God doesn't look highly upon those who judge others" and I didn't say another word. Her mouth literally dropped and she just stared at me. BOOM. NOH8.:)

My grandma is very rasict, prejudice, and old fashioned in her way of thinking. On Thanksgiving, we were having a conversation and somehow gay marraige got brought into it. I have quite a few friends who are gay and I don't see anything wrong with it.. Me and her argued for a good half hour and it only stopped there because she was basically telling me I didn't believe in God (I do believe in God by the way) and I decided I didn't want to listen to her anymore. So I walk out of the living room I turn to her and say, "God doesn't look highly upon those who judge others" and I didn't say another word. Her mouth literally dropped and she just stared at me. BOOM. NOH8.:)

good for you!! we need more people like you to stand up for what you believe in!! i can picture your grandma just staring at you!! hahaah, i get a kick out of it... lol:D

good for you!! we need more people like you to stand up for what you believe in!! i can picture your grandma just staring at you!! hahaah, i get a kick out of it... lol:D
It was so funny and I wish I had a picture of it hahaa. My mom and I think very similarly so my mom was getting pretty heated about the situation but she left the living room at the beginning of the conversation. I always get into arguements with people about stuff like this and about the "r" word. Those two topics really get me going haha.

this might sound wrong, but I've never looked at your profile and I always just assumed you were a big black woman because of your profile pic! I never even knew you were a guy haha. great story though, glad to hear that no one picked on you. :)
bahahahah i am madea on the inside!

It's hard with the older generation. They can be very set in their ways, and very confused by how fast society has changed during their lifetime. One of my grandma's has known I'm a gaymo since I came out to my family, because my Mom told her that night lol. She has always been okay with it, and she is really awesome. She actually gave me her first edition copy of The Well of Loneliness, by Radclyffe Hall (a lesbian author, perhaps the most famous historical piece of lesbian literature that exists, from the 1920s- highly recommend!). She said it's always been her favorite book, because she really could empathize with the struggles of the main character. She had surgery this past year and asked to borrow it while she was in the hospital, because she wanted to read it again. All in all, she's been very supportive, she invites me and my gf over for dinner and such, and before I had a girlfriend, she would always inquire about my dating life. I think she's the most kickbutt 85 year old on the planet, and not just because she told me "Wham Bam Thank You Maam" after I helped her put away the leftovers on Thanksgiving lol

The other grandma isn't quite so openminded. She is 90, and she thinks my girlfriend is my roommate lol.... I almost came out to her quite a few times, and last year was when I realized I probably couldn't. I mentioned that my friends and I had recently spent a nice time in NYC, and she said "I would never go there anymore, it has changed into a very scary place." I said, "Well, we were in the Village, it's a nice area." Her response, "The VILLAGE!? That's where all the QUEERS hang out.".... I wanted to say, "Yes, including your Grandqueer." but ultimately chickened out ;)

If you read the portion I quoted you'll see that I don't need to re-read anything. She's giving personal information about a girl she coaches. In my opinion, that is inappropriate.

I understand you want it to be kept to personal stories and that is what this is for but this entire thread is for NOH8 ..AT ALL..whatsoever..none of any kind...
I don't think she meant to be innappropriate in any way, her post was still pretty confidential...there were no names given

please be reminded that I created this to be a positive place..so if anyone has negative things to say please please keep them to yourself and lets keep it all positive here! Thanks everyone for sharing there stories they are so inspiring! Remember this is not just a place to share your stories that involve Bullying towards LGB but to everyone and anyone that has ever been bullied..Keep sharing your stories! We need to keep getting the word out!! I love all of you guys thanks so much for being strong enough to share your experiences!! Remember to take the PLEDGE!! www.itgetsbetter.org !!!

Hey guys I just wanted everyone to remember the loss of Jeffrey P. Fehr, he was a member of California POWER Allstar’s Medium Coed Level 5 as most of you know he took his own life due to bullying it's so sad..here is a link to the story please keep his family in your prayers and remember this issue is obviously a serious one....go take the pledge we need to work hard to get everyone to stop bullying!!!!!

http://cheermad.com/rip-jeffrey-p-fehr/

Back