High School Male Flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is making practices a safe and nurturing environment where kids feel free to express themselves and grow as people as well as athletes not a priority to you? Thats all a safe space is. And if that's not a priority to you, then "Old Skool" coaching should die out.
We have a responsibility as educators that extends beyond what we teach them.

Is making practices a safe and nurturing environment where kids feel free to express themselves and grow as people as well as athletes not a priority to you? Thats all a safe space is. And if that's not a priority to you, then "Old Skool" coaching should die out.
We have a responsibility as educators that extends beyond what we teach them.

Oh, so what we've been doing, teaching character through sport, for the last 20 years has a name now. That's cute.

Oh, so what we've been doing, teaching character through sport, for the last 20 years has a name now. That's cute.

Are you always dismissive and passive aggressive?

It's about more than just teaching character, it's about creating an environment that fosters positive development in all areas.
"Teaching" character is leading a horse to water, provide a safe and nurturing environment free from predators is what makes them willing to drop their head and drink and actually learn something.

Last edited:
Are you always dismissive and passive aggressive?

No, but reading your passion-laden psychobabble entertains me, so I just keep pushing the buttons to see what comes spewing out next.

By the way, I'm not an educator, per se. I work in a job where if I don't call people out for their crap and get to the bottom of the situation in about 5 minutes, they might actually die. So pulling punches and being PC isn't really an option.

No, but reading your passion-laden psychobabble entertains me, so I just keep pushing the buttons to see what comes spewing out next.

By the way, I'm not an educator, per se. I work in a job where if I don't call people out for their crap and get to the bottom of the situation in about 5 minutes, they might actually die. So pulling punches and being PC isn't really an option.

Weird, I've never felt that anyone in my practices was on the verge of death, maybe it's because I keep the backstops at ankles ;)

I've never felt like I had to deprioritize socially safe environments to create a physically safe environment. In fact I find they go hand in hand.

Call it psychobabble all you want, but I'm not going to be ashamed about being passionate about what I do. And I am DEFINITELY not going to be ashamed about being as well researched as possible on coaching and educating.

If you're a coach and you aren't at least in part an educator, a counselor, a student, a friend, and a parent then you're doing it wrong. If you go to cheer athletics, top gun, etc and ask them what traits make them a good coach I guarantee they will list all of those and more.

Last edited:
Weird, I've never felt that anyone in my practices was on the verge of death, maybe it's because I keep the backstops at ankles ;)

I've never felt like I had to deprioritize socially safe environments to create a physically safe environment. In fact I find they go hand in hand.

Call it psychobabble all you want, but I'm not going to be ashamed about being passionate about what I do. And I am DEFINITELY not going to be ashamed about being as well researched as possible on coaching and educating.

If you're a coach and you aren't at least in part an educator, a counselor, a student, a friend, and a parent then you're doing it wrong. If you go to cheer athletics, top gun, etc and ask them what traits make them a good coach I guarantee they will list all of those and more.

No, no, no

I meant people might actually die at my full time job.

God knows no one is paying bills with cheer coach money.

^ god damn they hate each other so much, its really funny to watch tbh. Come on guys, you have to admit its pretty funny!!!

When women were not allowed to go college and cheerleading was literally just that. Leading cheers.

Women brought the idea of cheer in the ways we see it now in the WW2 era when they started to take over the sport and interestingly enough started to stunt and tumble...
stunting and tumbling in cheerleading didn't begin until the late 60's/early 70's

Back