All-Star Multiple Arrests For Local Gym Owner!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Having a DWI may cause some to judge you, but for every DWI conviction, there are probably 500 more people drinking and driving and just haven't gotten caught. These are the ones who think they can get away with it and these are the ones that scare me more than someone with a conviction.

ETA - In 2012, 29.1 million people admitted to driving under the influence of alcohol
MADD - Drunk Driving Statistics

Last edited:
@SL&AM You sound like a warrior. You've been through so much! I admire you.

Walking home one day, I witnessed a grown man texting and driving. He had his foot on the gas pedal and was staring at his phone. He didn't look up once. Disturbing.

I completely agree. I might be young with limited life experience but I don't think it's too much to ask for people to not drink and drive. My parents still offer to come pick me up if they know I'm going out and I haven't lived at home in almost three years. My roommates and I take turns being the DD because the potential consequences just aren't worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately not every adult is as responsible as u! Keep it up!

Walking home one day, I witnessed a grown man texting and driving. He had his foot on the gas pedal and was staring at his phone. He didn't look up once. Disturbing.
Unfortunately that is a common site these days! Too many drivers looking up/down or just down for way too long!

Texting while driving is distributing, and just think, there is a whole generation of kids approaching 16 right now who are addicted to their phones like alcoholics are to booze (way worse than most people over 30 are). I worry it's going to get worse as each set of kids starts driving. Hopefully the drivers Ed courses in the high schools address it as much as they addressed overloading a car w/ your friends back in my day.

Texting while driving is distributing, and just think, there is a whole generation of kids approaching 16 right now who are addicted to their phones like alcoholics are to booze (way worse than most people over 30 are). I worry it's going to get worse as each set of kids starts driving. Hopefully the drivers Ed courses in the high schools address it as much as they addressed overloading a car w/ your friends back in my day.
I used to put on my make up, going 75 with major traffic, on the freeway. Might as well been driving drunk or texting.

I'm starting to think that someone should set up hidden cameras and hire child actors and makeup artists to trick a distracted driver into thinking that they have hit somebody's kid. It would be staged just like What Would You Do? and a host would pop out explaining that the accident had been simulated. Might hopefully stop a lot of phone-related driving incidents.

My father was a young policeman when he was in an unmarked patrol car and struck by a drunk driver. He suffered severe injuries and had to be cut out of the car with the jaws of life as they were called then. I was 3 years old and my first memory is visiting him in the hospital. They told my mother to prepare for the worst - but luckily my father survived - his leg injury left him unable to remain on the police force. He limps to this day. The driver of the car was a local elem school principal at the time and was killed instantly in a horrific manner. Everyone has their views on DUI's. I almost lost my father at a young age due to an intoxicated driver. I realize everyone makes mistakes, but some mistakes can have deadly consequences and there are no second chances. I am not judging anyone whether they decide to stay at a gym or not depending on their own personal circumstances or beliefs -but sometimes people have personal experiences that shape their decisions and opinions that not everyone else will have.

Deadly accidents kept happening and over time attitudes changed, and stricter laws were put into place - still deadly accidents occurred, laws got even tougher (I think now you can get a DUI for having one drink if you weigh less than 200lbs) and now DUI's have got to the point where they are practically life-ruining. One would hope that there has been a significant reduction in DUI accidents though over the years - it would be interesting to see the statistics.
17,705 alcohol related auto fatalities in 1990. 10,839 in 2009. 38% decrease.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s1110.pdf

it should be noted that the steady decrease is attributed to a myriad of factors, such as stricter laws, more females driving increasing the proportion of male to fenales behind the wheel, more older people driving increasing the proportion of older to younger people behind the wheel and safer vehicles on the road due to improved auto saftey related engineering.

this short 70 page study looks into that... www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/810942.pdf

Funny fact, my first and middle name both mean 'warrior' or 'warrior princess'. TBH, my life sucks when you write it out but my adulthood is much better---but yeah, I pretty much am one.

Funny fact, my first and middle name both mean 'warrior' or 'warrior princess'. TBH, my life sucks when you write it out but my adulthood is much better---but yeah, I pretty much am one.
Now I'm imagining you as a video game character lol.

You are entitled to your opinion like everyone else, but you are very young with limited life experience, and you have extremely limited/conservative perspective on many things. It by no means makes you a bad person..I'm sure you're a doll..but you are very judgy young miss! I do not even know who this post is about, but I certainly can tell you that a DUI or DWI does not make a person disgusting, nor does it give family members an automatic right to keep someone from seeing their relatives. You must sleep with a Bible ;) I jest. But really, no one is celebrating DUIs...I think people just realize that sometimes, smart, responsible, professional people make stupid mistakes because they're humans.

I'm 45 and agree with a lot of what she said. So what condescending things would you like to say to me in your pretend "just kidding" way?

I'm 45 and agree with a lot of what she said. So what condescending things would you like to say to me in your pretend "just kidding" way?

Nothing I said was pretend. It was real and I stand behind every word of it. I'm sure there are people from every age bracket who agree with what she wrote, teenagers and adults alike. I even agree with some of what she wrote.

The problem I had was with the comment about it being disgusting and inexcusable. I also think it was a bit harsh to insinuate that keeping someone with a DUI away from children and even FAMILY is somehow okay. What if the person who made the mistake was one of her parents? Would she be so quick to cut them off? I'm just a forgiving person and I try to judge people by who they are on the inside, not by the mistakes they make. Genuinely good people will inevitably make mistakes and no one deserves to be treated like a leper unless the person treating them that way can look within themselves and say "I'm perfect."

It's been many years since I've been 21, and the good Lord knows I've made mistakes that I never would have imagined making in my adult life, some that perhaps I wouldn't haven forgiven 15 years ago. Having more life experience has changed my perspective on many aspects of living, including the part where I try to be a little less judgmental.

I know this is easier said than done...You can bet I wouldn't be inviting a drunk driver who accidentally killed someone I love to my next birthday party, but I certainly wouldn't wish for his or her family or support system to abandon them either.

Nothing I said was pretend. It was real and I stand behind every word of it. I'm sure there are people from every age bracket who agree with what she wrote, teenagers and adults alike. I even agree with some of what she wrote.

The problem I had was with the comment about it being disgusting and inexcusable. I also think it was a bit harsh to insinuate that keeping someone with a DUI away from children and even FAMILY is somehow okay. What if the person who made the mistake was one of her parents? Would she be so quick to cut them off? I'm just a forgiving person and I try to judge people by who they are on the inside, not by the mistakes they make. Genuinely good people will inevitably make mistakes and no one deserves to be treated like a leper unless the person treating them that way can look within themselves and say "I'm perfect."

It's been many years since I've been 21, and the good Lord knows I've made mistakes that I never would have imagined making in my adult life, some that perhaps I wouldn't haven forgiven 15 years ago. Having more life experience has changed my perspective on many aspects of living, including the part where I try to be a little less judgmental.

I know this is easier said than done...You can bet I wouldn't be inviting a drunk driver who accidentally killed someone I love to my next birthday party, but I certainly wouldn't wish for his or her family or support system to abandon them either.

Where does she say it's disgusting and inexcusable?

And she didn't say families should pull their support for a member driving while intoxicated. What she said was she wouldn't be offended if her cousins didn't let her watch their kids anymore, which says to me she currently babysits their children. She was giving a personal example.

And in my opinion, if you kill someone while driving under the influence, it's not an accident. But that's just my opinion.

Back