All-Star Multiple Arrests For Local Gym Owner!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't know who this thread is referring to or what gym this is even referring to but a DWI is a disgusting and horribly irresponsible crime. Since the owner (or coach I can't remember which it is in this case) was arrested for that specific crime just proves to me that they're too irresponsible to be around children. I would pull my hypothetical potential future kids from that program in a minute.

ETA: this post wasn't designed to attack you. I was mainly using it as a jumping off point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand, and while I definitely don't condone drinking and driving as it can have SEVERE consequences, you would be surprised at how little it takes to reach the legal limit. Someone could have a couple of drinks at dinner, be totally fine and drive, yet get pulled over for a tail light and your done. Plus alcohol absorption is totally different for everyone depending on how much you drink and your body weight.

I don't know the situation here, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions until I saw the arrest report and heard from the person involved. Hopefully the person will address the parents and older kids in the gym. Who knows, the older kids might learn something from his mistake and see how being irresponsible can cause a ton of havoc on your life.

I saw the original post and didn't get the point of posting a link, the link just showed a bunch of mug shots of about 10 males of which I had no idea who the op was referring to.
I can't sit here and say I would immediately pull my child out of the gym she has cheered at for years and it's like a family to her over a DUI, I'm not saying is ok to drink and drive but I just don't know what I would do if that happened at our gym, it's got to be so hard for the parents and kids [emoji30] keeping all that are involved in my prayers.

I don't know the situation here, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions until I saw the arrest report and heard from the person involved.
i wouldnt even trust the arrest report, the mechanical breathalyzer test nor the field sobriety test. the only thing that can be trusted in a dwi is the blood report.

Without putting names out there - the charges are a DWI from this month and last year two charges on same date (Simple assault and injury to personal property).

the results of that assault and personal property accusation shouldve been resolved by now. the court docs of the case should be online. what was the ruling?

Last edited:
I saw the original post and didn't get the point of posting a link, the link just showed a bunch of mug shots of about 10 males of which I had no idea who the op was referring to.
I can't sit here and say I would immediately pull my child out of the gym she has cheered at for years and it's like a family to her over a DUI, I'm not saying is ok to drink and drive but I just don't know what I would do if that happened at our gym, it's got to be so hard for the parents and kids
emoji30.png
keeping all that are involved in my prayers.

The posting of that link was the OP's passive aggressive way of saying who it was, without really saying who it was. That way they could claim they didn't say it directly,(just in case we found out what gym that they are really from) but the providing of a public link that had that information available to the general public if they clicked on it.

I missed the original post, so I have no idea who or what everyone is talking about. Though, I have been able to figure out the area.

Now, has the person in question been found guilty of the things they've been arrested for multiple times?

i wouldnt even trust the arrest report, the mechanical breathalyzer test nor the field sobriety test. the only thing that can be trusted in a dwi is the blood report.

the results of that assault and personal property accusation shouldve been resolved by now. the court docs of the case should be online. what was the ruling?

i didn't see any info on that. it literally was just the mug shot, DOB, arrest date and the charge. But then again I don't have anything vested in this so didn't spend too much time on it.

With the internet and social media you aren't going to keep people from discussing or having opinions but, I do wish your family and this gym's athletes the best. I may have never been arrested but, heaven knows if I were judged on every poor decision I had made from ages 18-26, no one would have let me around their kids. :oops: I guess if my child idolized this person and mimicked their every move I might feel differently but IMO, it's a great lesson for kids to see unfold. People screw up, there are consequences, some people learn, some people don't, some people forgive, some people won't.

With the internet and social media you aren't going to keep people from discussing or having opinions but, I do wish your family and this gym's athletes the best. I may have never been arrested but, heaven knows if I were judged on every poor decision I had made from ages 18-26, no one would have let me around their kids. :oops: I guess if my child idolized this person and mimicked their every move I might feel differently but IMO, it's a great lesson for kids to see unfold. People screw up, there are consequences, some people learn, some people don't, some people forgive, some people won't.
Very good point! Unfortunately, just not getting arrested for something, doesn't mean you've not made some horrible mistakes or have done the same thing and just not gotten caught!

Not directing this at you btw!

@NCCheerMama the best advice I can give you from personal experience is that the best thing you can do, no matter what people are saying, for his sake and for your kid's, is walk away from this thread and stop talking about it on the internet. You can't control what people say here but you can avoid adding fuel to the fire. All you will get by responding here is people arguing and telling you what they "know" is best for your child.

I would make a terrible detective. I have no clue who y'all are talking about.

Anyways, I'm kind of shocked that some of you are defending a DWI. A DWI charge is a DWI charge. It doesn't matter if you get pulled over for suspicion of DWI or a broken tail light and then get caught. You're still breaking the law by driving while legally intoxicated. Are you saying that even if they had a couple of drinks, were legally intoxicated, and went out driving, as long as they don't kill anyone, it's ok? I would have to disagree with you on that.

I've stood by my opinion since the beginning that not releasing kids for any reason other than having a financial debt is wrong. I now know the gym in question and it doesn't change my thoughts on that. The arrest situation is unfortunate but sounds like a personal problem the gym could handle internally if it sees fit. If people feel they want to leave because of it they should be allowed.

Trust me I am not talking about it in any forum but here. I'm just saying a lot of people are posting judgement without direct knowledge of this. I am just trying to get some correct info out there and to let people know that real people and kids are involved.

I would make a terrible detective. I have no clue who y'all are talking about.

Anyways, I'm kind of shocked that some of you are defending a DWI. A DWI charge is a DWI charge. It doesn't matter if you get pulled over for suspicion of DWI or a broken tail light and then get caught. You're still breaking the law by driving while legally intoxicated. Are you saying that even if they had a couple of drinks, were legally intoxicated, and went out driving, as long as they don't kill anyone, it's ok? I would have to disagree with you on that.

I don't think anyone is defending a DWI or saying that a DWI is okay in any capacity.

However a DWI doesn't necessarily make you a bad person and should be banned from working with children.

Like someone said you would be surprised at how many people you encounter in every day life have made the wrong decision to drive intoxicated...doctors, teachers, bankers, librarians (not me specifically tho), students, cashiers at Target etc. They're still capable of doing their jobs and a DWI offense doesn't make them a bad Person

Maybe I feel differently because I've had someone try to embarrass my friend online over a DUI charge that was DROPPED in the end all the while their own husband had numerous DUI charges under their belt

Which also goes back to an arrest does not a conviction make. and why I feel like mug shots should not be posted online

Back