All-Star Rest In Peace Royce Tisdale

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 22, 2014
Today, January 30th, Royce Tisdale, cheerleader from ACX, was taken home to heaven.

After battling Lymphoma since 2011, he was admitted to the hospital last Monday with severe kidney, liver & lung complications. Things progressively started going down hill, & it was fast. Doctors did anything & everything they could to get his counts back on the right level, get his body back to being stable, & be able to help him get back to his fullest potential.

Unfortunately, Royce's body just couldn't fight anymore. Every organ slowly started shutting down & it just was too weak to continue.

Royce was put on Life Support on January 29th & passed away at 2:02 on January 30th.

Forever will he be remembered & never forgotten.

Prayers for his family are needed right now as they go through this difficult time of losing someone at such a young age in such a short amount of time.

Fundraisers to show support & love for his mother will begin shortly. The medical bills have piled up & the least we can do is help her out.

Pia Bows will be making a bow in memory of him & will be put out to the public as soon as its made.

God Bless.

My heart broke just reading the title. May he always be remembered as the brave young man he was. Thoughts and prayers going out to his family, friends, and gym. :(

Do you know if anything is being set up at a bank or credit union? I'm local so I could take it by
I do not know about that just yet..but when I do I will let you know.

I'm sure it'll be a few days before those details are figured out. I know services are being planned now.

After a lot of reflection today I would like to share my favorite memory of Royce. Oddly enough, it was the first time I ever met him.

I was working in the office and he came in for an open gym (He literally NEVER missed a practice, tumbling class or an open gym). He walked up to the desk and looked at me a little funny. He said "I know you. You were at Worlds this past year." I told him I was and asked if he was there too. He said "No, but I saw on the ESPN airing. You were in the crowd! Clapping for....Stingray Orange I think!" He then promptly made his way into the gym, plugged in his iPod and started fulling marking out some of the top routines of the season.

I went home and rewatched the airing of Worlds that year. And sure enough, there was a quick crowd shot of me clapping away right after Orange performed. I couldn't believe he remembered something like that! He must have watched it a million times. That kid truly LOVED cheerleading more than anyone I had ever known. He was never a cheerlebrity, he never won Worlds or even competed at it, I think he only competed level 5 a handful of times (as long as his body let him). He cheered for the true love of the sport, not for the recognition or the awards. He carried that passion with him until the end. His former coach visited him a few days ago and shared a picture of them sitting together in his hospital bed, watching routines on youtube. Royce was critiquing them. He would have made a great coach.

I think heaven needed someone to critique their routines up there. Rest easy, sweet boy! (But I'm sure he's not resting. He's probably running around and working on about five new tumbling passes)

Sending tons of prayers to his family, friends and everyone at ACX. He made a HUGE impact on everyone he met.

Our J5 held a special place in their hearts for Royce. He and our Coach Mike battled the same disease at the same time a couple seasons ago, and we've prayed for Royce and Mike and all those fighters for a good while.
Love and hugs and comfort from The Razzis - sleep well, sweet boy.

My heart is broken :( Please let us know about the bow as soon as it's up, CP will always rock any cancer related bow (on a personal note, I'm a survivor of childhood leukemia and lymphoma). Prayers for his family and all those who cheered with him and knew him.

After a lot of reflection today I would like to share my favorite memory of Royce. Oddly enough, it was the first time I ever met him.

I was working in the office and he came in for an open gym (He literally NEVER missed a practice, tumbling class or an open gym). He walked up to the desk and looked at me a little funny. He said "I know you. You were at Worlds this past year." I told him I was and asked if he was there too. He said "No, but I saw on the ESPN airing. You were in the crowd! Clapping for....Stingray Orange I think!" He then promptly made his way into the gym, plugged in his iPod and started fulling marking out some of the top routines of the season.

I went home and rewatched the airing of Worlds that year. And sure enough, there was a quick crowd shot of me clapping away right after Orange performed. I couldn't believe he remembered something like that! He must have watched it a million times. That kid truly LOVED cheerleading more than anyone I had ever known. He was never a cheerlebrity, he never won Worlds or even competed at it, I think he only competed level 5 a handful of times (as long as his body let him). He cheered for the true love of the sport, not for the recognition or the awards. He carried that passion with him until the end. His former coach visited him a few days ago and shared a picture of them sitting together in his hospital bed, watching routines on youtube. Royce was critiquing them. He would have made a great coach.

I think heaven needed someone to critique their routines up there. Rest easy, sweet boy! (But I'm sure he's not resting. He's probably running around and working on about five new tumbling passes)

And when his former coach posted today that thousands will know Royce he means it. After his visit with him, that particular coach is a great motivational speaker, the coach had been moved to tears in telling Sr 5 about his weekend and all of sr. 5 had been in tears when they came up from the back to practice. I asked one of my carpool kids who is on the team why 5 had been crying when they came up front. The 5 kid just repeated about the weekend visit the coach had, that Royce had watched and critiqued their video a lot of times with his former coach and other routines on youtube and repeated all of the great things that everyone else has had to say about Royce as an individual. It speaks volumes for this particular coach to be so team anyone, great coach, but not a people pleaser ;) Just not in that coach's job description, although I respect the coach greatly and I would say CP is kind of in awe of that coach some, I don't think that coach really cares what we think but he thought the WORLD of Royce.

As heartbroken as this makes me, I feel an odd sense of peace that I don't normally feel when hearing about peoples' passings.

I think he was ready to go.

Back