Rules Up For Change/amendments

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

• Although it does make things a little more complicated, I do agree with the stunt progressions changing a little for level 2 senior. Think that overall, it just makes more sense.
  • Level 2 tumbling- I'm indifferent.
  • I think the change for running tumbling in Level 3 is a horrible idea. Just in general. Only RO BHS TUCKS?
  • I think 4.2, although I'm not a fan, should stay 18 and under, otherwise the division will shrink to just about nothing. I haven't seen very many kids whose max tumbling skill is a BHS who can hold someone their size.... I thinks the lack of minimum age is what allows the division to work.
  • In level 4, the ONLY thing I agree with is allowing hitch kick full baskets. I DO think that twisting transitions should be limited to 1 twist. However, 2 feet?? So a base misses a foot and its illegal? And how easy is that rule to bend? "No, we didn't did full up pull through, the base touched her foot before she pulled it up." I'm all about release moves being limited as well, but not the way those proposals are stated.
  • I totally agree will ALL Senior Restricted 5 skill progression changes.
  • I like the 20% crossover ratio.
  • I do think that large division numbers should change. Honestly, I'm indifferent to the number.
  • I do NOT think that any level other 5 should have a senior bottom age. I thought the whole purpose of removing the bottom age was to make it easier for smaller gyms to field these teams. Do small gyms all of the sudden have a surplus of kids over the age of 12? Haha
  • I do NOT think that time limits should change. Yeh, for level 1, it would be no big deal. However, in levels 2-4 most people show 2 dismounts from stunts, as opposed to 1 in level 5, there are countless entries that people try to perform. There's too much to do to change the time limits. (Just my opinion) And in level 5, it's nice to think that people won't try to do more with that 15 seconds, but we all know they will. Is that a safety issue? 2:30 minutes is a long time, even though at choreography time it seems like you have no time for anything. I would love to see time for entertaining, 10 8-count dances again. However, unless someone says "You must dance for at least 20 seconds" its probably not happening.
  • I am ok with age grid B. Remove Mini 3 and Youth 5.
  • I don't think there is any reason to change age restrictions for each division.
  • Division splits should be Small and Large first in Junior and under, but coed and all-girl in Senior and above. (Pretty much as it is now)
  • I do think that Senior Coed Divisions need to be changed. I am completely ok with the proposed small, medium, large- it is VERY simplified (perhaps oversimplified) but I do think it will work.
  • I don't think Youth 4/5 should be small, ESPECIALLY if we get rid of Youth 5.
  • If youth 5 is not eliminated, it should be restricted. If it is eliminated, Junior should not be restricted. I think the gyms should have discretion over where to place the 10 yr old with a double. (My perfect world= Youth 4, Junior 5, Senior Restricted 5 (18 and under), Senior 5 (12-18). This gives many options for all gyms)
  • I think Junior Coed 3,4,5 should be a split/combine situation, kind of as it is now for smaller competitions. I am all for less divisions, more competition.
  • LAST, I think eligibility date should stay August 31. I believe that is what most schools use- it makes the most sense to me.

An All-Star program is defined as having one EIN (Tax ID)

Can anyone explain this thoroughly...

Does this mean Large gyms with multiple locations that have a gym with 75 or less people can go small gym? I don't like this if this is the way... especially if the programs have many cross overs from different locations in their program...

or Does it mean that the gym has to be under one business tax ID that creates a large gym? I would like this but If this, how would this work if the multiple gyms are in two different states with two different tax laws?

Not sure if this is clear and understandable but if anyone can answer so I can fully understand this rule up for change I would appreciate it!!!

Thanks Infinity
If this helps at all, I believe CEA Greenville is considered a small gym when that division is put in at competitions.

An All-Star program is defined as having one EIN (Tax ID)

Can anyone explain this thoroughly...

Does this mean Large gyms with multiple locations that have a gym with 75 or less people can go small gym? I don't like this if this is the way... especially if the programs have many cross overs from different locations in their program...

or Does it mean that the gym has to be under one business tax ID that creates a large gym? I would like this but If this, how would this work if the multiple gyms are in two different states with two different tax laws?

Not sure if this is clear and understandable but if anyone can answer so I can fully understand this rule up for change I would appreciate it!!!

Thanks Infinity

It is just a simple, cut-and-dried way to define the difference between programs. This is oversimplifying it a bit, but basically each separate business has it's own separate EID. (Kind of like a social security number for corporations.) With some programs having multiple gyms (or even some programs sharing a single gym), there needed to be an easy way to legally define each separate "program" for rules purposes, and this is probably the best way to do it at this point.

It is just a simple, cut-and-dried way to define the difference between programs. This is oversimplifying it a bit, but basically each separate business has it's own separate EID. (Kind of like a social security number for corporations.) With some programs having multiple gyms (or even some programs sharing a single gym), there needed to be an easy way to legally define each separate "program" for rules purposes, and this is probably the best way to do it at this point.

Is it possible, based on how the gym is organized, for a program with mutliple locations to have different EIN numbers? Like if previously they were two different programs, and gym A essentially takes over gym B, but really only in name? It seems to me like wouldn't be so cut and dry for programs with multiple locations. But maybe my scenario isn't even possible.

Is it possible, based on how the gym is organized, for a program with mutliple locations to have different EIN numbers? Like if previously they were two different programs, and gym A essentially takes over gym B, but really only in name? It seems to me like wouldn't be so cut and dry for programs with multiple locations. But maybe my scenario isn't even possible.

Yes, it is possible. It is also possible to divide a single program in half and set up a corporation (and EIN) for each. This doesn't really prevent someone from abusing the system. It merely sets up a standard, straightforward definition that is understandable and enforceable.

Cool Thanks for explaining! Anything to keep people for abusing the system is great!!!

I haven't seen very many kids whose max tumbling skill is a BHS who can hold someone their size....

I don't think you've been looking too hard then. Especially for high school cheerleaders and people who start all stars later, stunting just comes more naturally for some people. I have met plenty of kids who can hardly tumble or can't tumble at all and are beast bases.

the tax id rule originated at the west coast meeting. as usasf doesnt regulate commerce, what this puts a stop to is multi gyms who use the accomplishments of one to promote every building they own. from my understanding if 15 gyms are all considered "x" and have different tax id numbers, they would no longer be able to compete that way. i think it would be similar to varsity's competition companies. spirit sports, usa, nca etc all part of varsity brands. this is a good thing for the industry. without competition and options, an industry dies. that is why we have anti trust laws in the US government. it protects customers, as you and i may know which gym is the one that is actually the one winning, but to joe blow off the street they know nothing. there are a handful of gyms that this will probably anger a great deal, but if we are to be taken serious as an industry we have to act as such. owning an all star gym should be a privelage. when it only becomes about the money you have half the problems that we have now. coaches arguing for rules that have nothing to do with the progression of the sport, but for what pads their pockets the most.

Back