All-Star Spirit Of Texas And Top Gun Illegal Passes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I will pay to host a site if one of you rule gurus wants a job were people can submit there full length videos and make sure no rules are broken. Message me :)
The issue with that is that many people might have their "interpretations" of the rule, but unless it's RulesGuy himself your opening up a can of worms. But I hear what your saying. Tumbling rules, when the hardest skill spins twice should not be this hard to decipher.

JayySoFierce - From the looks of the emoticon at the end of your post, I am assuming you were making a joke and weren't actually offended. But just to clear things up for anyone interested: As a God fearing Christian, I will always say Christmas and I do not apologize for it. If someone is offended, then they have chosen to be offended.

Yes I was being facetious & I applaud you for keeping the Christ in Christmas :)

The issue with that is that many people might have their "interpretations" of the rule, but unless it's RulesGuy himself your opening up a can of worms. But I hear what your saying. Tumbling rules, when the hardest skill spins twice should not be this hard to decipher.

I agree it would be nice to just be able to send it in no matter questionable or not and get the green light. From what Les just said I gather he has something in the works and I am glad for this addition.

You are correct Shawn. As a matter of fact I just got a look at the first run at it and we are starting to play with the system and try to break it. Hopefully we can get it worked out and do some test runs this season and be fully implemented by next season. Keep your fingers crossed.

RulesGuy so what about the bhs back roll double, and back roll bhs double? as long as not hitting handstands
I apologize but I'm not sure what your question is. Are you asking me if those two passes are legal for L5? Then "Yes" they are legal for L5 for this season. (Don't read to much into "...for this season." I have learned that I have to write these types of "disclaimers" to protect myself from painting myself into a corner.
If I didn't answer your question, then please let me know.

I apologize but I'm not sure what your question is. Are you asking me if those two passes are legal for L5? Then "Yes" they are legal for L5 for this season. (Don't read to much into "...for this season." I have learned that I have to write these types of "disclaimers" to protect myself from painting myself into a corner.
If I didn't answer your question, then please let me know.

ya u have answered the initial response from the first post

SOT, ACE, CEA passes: some full to 1 skill double = illegal

tg roll hand double = legal

and we learned that progressions ARE NOT recommended aka:
hand hand whip whip double = illegal
hand hand full whip double = illegal
hand hand dub whip dobule = legal

ya u have answered the initial response from the first post

SOT, ACE, CEA passes: some full to 1 skill double = illegal

tg roll hand double = legal

and we learned that progressions ARE NOT recommended aka:
hand hand whip whip double = illegal
hand hand full whip double = illegal
hand hand dub whip dobule = legal
Progressions ARE recommended AND followed. Because one rule was written that inadvertently broke progressions doesn't mean that we don't follow progressions. And as I posted earlier, the Rules Committee is currently taking a second look at this rule to address this issue.

Progressions ARE recommended AND followed. Because one rule was written that inadvertently broke progressions doesn't mean that we don't follow progressions. And as I posted earlier, the Rules Committee is currently taking a second look at this rule to address this issue.
so hand hand whip whip doubles r also illegal, correct?

and is there any possibility the rules could be changed THIS season?

so confused... so even with the recent clarifications, isn't Spirit of texas ioc5 standing pass illegal again? from this past weekend

hand whip whip double, since 1 of 2 skills arent bhs?

RulesGuy

so confused... so even with the recent clarifications, isn't Spirit of texas ioc5 standing pass illegal again? from this past weekend

hand whip whip double, since 1 of 2 skills arent bhs?

RulesGuy

I'm not RulesGuy, but I would tend to agree with you that it is illegal since one of the two skills IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING the double was not a back handspring.....RulesGuy, can you confirm or explain if we are wrong in our interpretation?

I would consider it a grey area - the rule says that it is a minimum of two backwards travelling skills, one of which must be a BHS. Maybe that means you can have one skill of three or more?

Back