All-Star Stealing Choreography?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think people area always taking bits and pieces of other people stuff, and making it there own, and I don't see a problem with it, if it's not the same season, or you wont be against them.

We had went against a team that took a part of our pyramid transition knowing very well we would be against them again this season, and I know it was ours because I am friends with the coach and he told me after the fact. Didn't really know how I felt about it but once the kids I coach saw it at competition they were very upset that they took it. But hey what are ya gonna do?!? .. I see it as a compliment!!

Our first gym we weren't allowed to post ANY videos on youtube. Even after the season, so you really just can NOT find them on youtube. I think it's silly because 1) the season is over--who cares if someone steals it?, and 2) if you saw this gym...you would LOL at the thought of ANYONE stealing ANYTHING from these routines!:rolleyes:

i would really like to say that ppl dont steal choreography anymore...its lame and sooo bring it on. But like someone else said teams do often get inspired by other teams stunt section or tumbling pass...

our gym use to have a no posting video policy because of our small area lots of our dance sections were "stolen" from other area gyms

At NCA last year I was chatting with a coach who happened to sit next to me (let's call her Sally) and commented favorably on a routine I had witnessed earlier by Gym A. Wrong topic! Sally had once cheered for Gym B and had a coach who, after all choreography was completed for the upcoming season, left Gym B to work for Gym A. Early in the season Gyms A & B were going to the same comp. Sally's team was going on after Gym A's team. However, when Gym A's team went on, Sally and her teammates heard what was virtually identical to their mix playing for Gym A. And apparently the routine was virtually the same. Needless to say, Sally's team was so flustered and upset they performed poorly - and were mortified that people might think they had copied Gym A rather than what was apparently the other way around. So they had the joy of going back and redoing their entire routine and music after the season had already begun. Granted, I have no personal knowledge of this, but I don't see why she would make up something like that.

I have seen teams with exact pyramids ect that I'm sure have been "borrowed" lol. Actual choreography I'm not too sure about. I will admit though, that if I see something I really like in a routine, my brain will start thinking about how I can take it, change it and make it mine. I don't know if that's stealing so much as using it as inspiration.
I believe the term for that is "innovative choreography". Everything came from somewhere.

At Missouri's state for high school this year, one of the teams in my school's divison had Coed Elite's music open up their routine and most of Senior Elite's music including their stunt song. And the year before they had F5. So they rip off music often.

I have a friend that coaches at a nearby gym. there is a gym near her that is obsessed with beating her team. they lost to them several times this year. they recently added team members to have the exact number of kids as her team & literally change their stunt sequence to the exact same thing as her team. they are going against them at their next comp. i told my friend - let them! they are putting all their focus in beating her team. that will definitely backfire.

Our coach asked that no one post videos, pics to Youtube, Facebook etc. Partly not wanting others to copy, but I also think she was trying to cut down on drama with other local gym. Previous years, if either gym had posted video, then there may have been nasty comments. However, now that season is over, it was okay to post. So I guess maybe she was most concerned with copying.

At Missouri's state for high school this year, one of the teams in my school's divison had Coed Elite's music open up their routine and most of Senior Elite's music including their stunt song. And the year before they had F5. So they rip off music often.

Who was it?

We have a very different element in our routine this year and after we competed it back in Dec., two other level 5 teams incorporated it into their routines...we see the same teams over and over and know their routines pretty well...it was so blatent.

Back