All-Star Uca Nationals Orlando

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It was 20/80.
And to go from 5th to 2nd isn't that unbelievable, especially for them. Teams made wayyy bigger jumps in places at NCA.
oh that makes sense then, i didnt know the percent per day was that different, and dont get me wrong i love their music its on my ipod and i find myself singing it at times, but it was my uncensored opinion

i kinda feel like smoke is sub-par, i watched the video and is it true that only one of their guys tumbles. imo if you are going to have guys they better be awesome cuz they stick out more. what was the percent per day cuz with all those mistakes day 1 it seems like an unbelievable comeback from 5th to 2nd

It makes sense to have boys who can stunt more than boys who are beast tumblers.

i kinda feel like smoke is sub-par, i watched the video and is it true that only one of their guys tumbles. imo if you are going to have guys they better be awesome cuz they stick out more. what was the percent per day cuz with all those mistakes day 1 it seems like an unbelievable comeback from 5th to 2nd

yep, only one guy tumbles. and they are one of the few to do coed stunting in the division (i guess because you specifically get points for doing that now you could say that stand out like that?)

As for Orlando Allstars and bids. OA is a VERY talented team who has done very well. UCA had stated rules about how the bids were to be awarded. They followed their stated rules. They can change for next year and award it to who they want, but you can't fault UCA. Three bids is not a lot for 8 Worlds divisions, so there isn't a 'best way'. There is the way you choose and go for it.

As for teams who are close getting a bid, you cannot hold back or not reward a team that is close and reward a team that is far away more. How would you decide? Teams that fly from far away get larger bid amounts? So that means all the bids on the west coast are worth double? What if a team from the east coast goes out there and wins? Or does the event producer get to pay less if the team that is closer wins? Then all the teams that win on the east coast must ONLY win because the event producers get to give out less.

There is no perfect solution to all of it, but UCA delivered as promised.

"The paid bids go first to the winners of the Worlds divisions here. Then it is based on score after the winners of the 7 divisions. What makes this interesting is that there are a lot of teams already with paid bids.

For instance, if ACE wins semi, Orange wins small, Brandon wins small small, and Cheer Force wins small limited (they all have paid bids I believe), the three leaders of other divisions will win a bid.

Brandon for international
Pro Cheer for Unlimited
Spice for Large Senior
(if things hold up for day 2)"

--kingston

HAHA YOU BETTER BE EXACTLY RIGHT! ...... except for large limited

its not my favorite team, orange is actually my FAVORITE <3 and they deserved to win.. i just think orlando really deserved a paid bid today :( thats all. but who knows, they might be going to another comp with achance.. we'll just have to see

ok with all due respect what set Orlando apart from any other gym that they deserved a paid bid...A) they live right next to orlando! B) their routine is rather safe IMO C) out of all the level 5 teams that placed 2nd I dont think OA was better then them (skill wise) IMO

Spice with a Full paid first time out as well! Looks like Spice and Weather Girls set the bar high with their first performances and will have an interesting season ahead of them! Congrats Girls!

wcsstilldeath said:
Spice with a Full paid first time out as well! Looks like Spice and Weather Girls set the bar high with their first performances and will have an interesting season ahead of them! Congrats Girls!

Before I get yelled at by anyone, let me preface this by saying I LOVE Spice and am stoked they got a Paid Bid, BUT... Unlike Weathergirls, it wasn't their first time on the mat as a team this season. They've been competing LSO5. Let me repeat, LOVE Spice!

Before I get yelled at by anyone, let me preface this by saying I LOVE Spice and am stoked they got a Paid Bid, BUT... Unlike Weathergirls, it wasn't their first time on the mat as a team this season. They've been competing LSO5. Let me repeat, LOVE Spice!

Actually it was the first time for Spice. They moved some kids to that team. This is the "new" Spice.

yep, only one guy tumbles. and they are one of the few to do coed stunting in the division (i guess because you specifically get points for doing that now you could say that stand out like that?)

As for Orlando Allstars and bids. OA is a VERY talented team who has done very well. UCA had stated rules about how the bids were to be awarded. They followed their stated rules. They can change for next year and award it to who they want, but you can't fault UCA. Three bids is not a lot for 8 Worlds divisions, so there isn't a 'best way'. There is the way you choose and go for it.

As for teams who are close getting a bid, you cannot hold back or not reward a team that is close and reward a team that is far away more. How would you decide? Teams that fly from far away get larger bid amounts? So that means all the bids on the west coast are worth double? What if a team from the east coast goes out there and wins? Or does the event producer get to pay less if the team that is closer wins? Then all the teams that win on the east coast must ONLY win because the event producers get to give out less.

There is no perfect solution to all of it, but UCA delivered as promised.
Actually I think that there is a solution. At ANY USASF Worlds Bid Event, there should be ONE Worlds Divisions Judging Panel and Bids are awarded to the HIGHEST SCORING teams. I think that is the right thing to do. I am not faulting UCA, I actually like that Winners of their divisions were rewarded BUT with UCA being so late in the season I believe they tied their own hands. I like that UCA stated the way they were going to award bids and stuck to it. I just think this situation may open some eyes future USASF Bid Events. And with that being said I COMPLETELY think that USASF has the right and SHOULD MAKE EP's that want to bring gyms to their events they should abide by their rules. Awarding bids to the highest scores is the RIGHT THING TO DO. Common USASF step UP!!

Actually I think that there is a solution. At ANY USASF Worlds Bid Event, there should be ONE Worlds Divisions Judging Panel and Bids are awarded to the HIGHEST SCORING teams. I think that is the right thing to do. I am not faulting UCA, I actually like that Winners of their divisions were rewarded BUT with UCA being so late in the season I believe they tied their own hands. I like that UCA stated the way they were going to award bids and stuck to it. I just think this situation may open some eyes future USASF Bid Events. And with that being said I COMPLETELY think that USASF has the right and SHOULD MAKE EP's that want to bring gyms to their events they should abide by their rules. Awarding bids to the highest scores is the RIGHT THING TO DO. Common USASF step UP!!

It is frustrating for us (even though we placed second - by .8 I believe)we still scored very high....Saturday we scored higher than all 3 of the paid bid teams. I don't know the final scores, so that may not be the case now. Whoever posted above about being mad that OA did not get the paid bid - I hope is not from our gym, I dont think they are, as we do not say those type things, nor do we want to portray our gym like that. I understand that UCA decided to award their bids to the division winners, and I respect that. I do wish it was by score though, as there may have been a different outcome for us, and to me seems a bit more fair - Another frustrating thing is the unlimited coed team that received a paid bid had ONE other team (that only had 5 boys on it, so not sure why they were in that division) to compete against - not a very competitive division at all, just show up and get a paid bid. Congratulations to the bid winners. We are very proud of our girls for hitting two solid routines, and we will be gearing up for worlds.

Except the panels judging everyone were different. I know that all the large senior scores were a good bit higher than than the large limited scores. Each panel was right within their division, but when you cross division they aren't a fair comparison.

For example: If ECE Large Limited didn't have a bid and Vancouver in large senior didn't have a bid, and they gave the bid to highest score than I believe Vancouver would have gotten it. Vancouver is a talented team (I was hella impressed with their ability!) but ECE is a good bit more polished and solid.

There is no one size fits all solution for a subjective sport. Giving out the bids to the first place winners in the divisions is the least worst solution. The problem though is one team could have entered International Open without any competition, taken home a national title and a paid bid for showing up (if say someone in large senior or unlimitd already had a bid).

Back