All-Star Uca Nationals Orlando

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Except the panels judging everyone were different. I know that all the large senior scores were a good bit higher than than the large limited scores. Each panel was right within their division, but when you cross division they aren't a fair comparison.

For example: If ECE Large Limited didn't have a bid and Vancouver in large senior didn't have a bid, and they gave the bid to highest score than I believe Vancouver would have gotten it. Vancouver is a talented team (I was hella impressed with their ability!) but ECE is a good bit more polished and solid.

There is no one size fits all solution for a subjective sport. Giving out the bids to the first place winners in the divisions is the least worst solution. The problem though is one team could have entered International Open without any competition, taken home a national title and a paid bid for showing up (if say someone in large senior or unlimitd already had a bid).
I'm not disagreeing with the way that UCA chose to give their bids, I actually like the fact that they stuck to "Highest scoring Winners first" then so on and so on. My suggestion was for the future. I believe that EVERY Bid event should have all bid eligible divisions judged by the SAME panel ( I agree that different panels score different divisions differently ) but with the Varsity scoring system ( which I think is hands down the best so far ) in my scenario I believe the highest scoring teams should be awarded the bid. Again, I'm not criticizing decisions on bid placements at this event or any other events this season but for FUTURE USASF bid events, NEXT season.

I'm not disagreeing with the way that UCA chose to give their bids, I actually like the fact that they stuck to "Highest scoring Winners first" then so on and so on. My suggestion was for the future. I believe that EVERY Bid event should have all bid eligible divisions judged by the SAME panel ( I agree that different panels score different divisions differently ) but with the Varsity scoring system ( which I think is hands down the best so far ) in my scenario I believe the highest scoring teams should be awarded the bid. Again, I'm not criticizing decisions on bid placements at this event or any other events this season but for FUTURE USASF bid events, NEXT season.

That would be ideal, except if every level 5 worlds team is judged by the same panel that means one team is going to go every 10 minutes and that set of judges will be having to judge all day. I think no matter how good a judge they can only be so good for so long before they get tired and make mistakes (hence why their are hour breaks). If there was just 30 teams at a comp that would make sense.

I do agree Varsity has the best and most consistent scoring and things are getting more accurate across competitions and different divisions every year.

To steal a good idea from someone very smart, what if the bid decleration was:

Generally, bids are awarded to the the division winners for worlds divisions. However, if a team that does not win a division has a score high and significant enough score the EP may choose to award the bid to that team.

PS - UCA gave each coach a sheet with the average of 5 judges scores for each team in your divisions category scores. @BlueCat would have been so proud. It was even more informative than NCA's (which was just the average of the highest and lowest score and could actually be quite misleading). Hey EP's, EVERYONE SHOULD DO THIS!!!

That would be ideal, except if every level 5 worlds team is judged by the same panel that means one team is going to go every 10 minutes and that set of judges will be having to judge all day. I think no matter how good a judge they can only be so good for so long before they get tired and make mistakes (hence why their are hour breaks). If there was just 30 teams at a comp that would make sense.

I do agree Varsity has the best and most consistent scoring and things are getting more accurate across competitions and different divisions every year.

To steal a good idea from someone very smart, what if the bid decleration was:

Generally, bids are awarded to the the division winners for worlds divisions. However, if a team that does not win a division has a score high and significant enough score the EP may choose to award the bid to that team.

PS - UCA gave each coach a sheet with the average of 5 judges scores for each team in your divisions category scores. @BlueCat would have been so proud. It was even more informative than NCA's (which was just the average of the highest and lowest score and could actually be quite misleading). Hey EP's, EVERYONE SHOULD DO THIS!!!
I agree 100%! I think everyone should want them to "get it right" If judges were trained better (yes beating a dead horse) then it wouldn't matter which panel and "high scores" could be awarded, I def see your point. But after reviewing and seeing scores across the board in Orlando and Dallas I think the teams that scored high were correct (yeah a point or 2 here or there) but for the most part I feel separate panels scored closer than usual. So it looks like steps in the right direction are being made.

So aside from all this other stuff whtd everyone thinkof cheerforce coed??? I think they did amazing and was so happy they got 3rd but I also they could've won without those minor mistakes

They are definitely a good team and a contender.

hey yall! im really sorry, i dont know whats going on but i think someone is logged onto my account. it is posting nasty things all over the place!!! PLEASE disregard anything said by me on any forum!~ i havent been on this account in forever! my other acount that i use is OAangelll:) i contacted fierceboard to delete this acxcount before anything else is posted!! sorryeveryone!

It is frustrating for us (even though we placed second - by .8 I believe)we still scored very high....Saturday we scored higher than all 3 of the paid bid teams. I don't know the final scores, so that may not be the case now. Whoever posted above about being mad that OA did not get the paid bid - I hope is not from our gym, I dont think they are, as we do not say those type things, nor do we want to portray our gym like that. I understand that UCA decided to award their bids to the division winners, and I respect that. I do wish it was by score though, as there may have been a different outcome for us, and to me seems a bit more fair - Another frustrating thing is the unlimited coed team that received a paid bid had ONE other team (that only had 5 boys on it, so not sure why they were in that division) to compete against - not a very competitive division at all, just show up and get a paid bid. Congratulations to the bid winners. We are very proud of our girls for hitting two solid routines, and we will be gearing up for worlds.

i think this is ms bix, right?? this is tara, can you please tell me how i can delete this account?? weird things about our team, FAME jemz, and other random teams are being posted and i dont know how?

i kinda feel like smoke is sub-par, i watched the video and is it true that only one of their guys tumbles. imo if you are going to have guys they better be awesome cuz they stick out more. what was the percent per day cuz with all those mistakes day 1 it seems like an unbelievable comeback from 5th to 2nd

This year the score sheet at worlds puts stunting back in co-ed. And I believe (correct me if I am wrong please) the UCA score sheet is very close to the worlds score sheet. Smoke was amazing Sunday and I think they had the highest score in that division. I'm not sure about the Sunday score thing but I am sure someone on here will let me know if I am wrong.

Except the panels judging everyone were different. I know that all the large senior scores were a good bit higher than than the large limited scores. Each panel was right within their division, but when you cross division they aren't a fair comparison.

For example: If ECE Large Limited didn't have a bid and Vancouver in large senior didn't have a bid, and they gave the bid to highest score than I believe Vancouver would have gotten it. Vancouver is a talented team (I was hella impressed with their ability!) but ECE is a good bit more polished and solid.

There is no one size fits all solution for a subjective sport. Giving out the bids to the first place winners in the divisions is the least worst solution. The problem though is one team could have entered International Open without any competition, taken home a national title and a paid bid for showing up (if say someone in large senior or unlimitd already had a bid).

Vancouver Large Senior 5 was uneligable for a bid because they are an international program.
Therefore they were taken out of the equation.

Back