All-Star Uca Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thank you! This might be disappointing to some... but she has no idea what the Triple Crown is really. She just enjoys cheering with her team and competing, being worked hard and pushed. I am looking forward to another year on Tiny 1, and then hopefully Mini 1 for a while... I want her progression to be slow and steady and enjoy the entire ride and just have fun. Right now I believe she is.

Wait... that video of Grape is a tiny team!? My mini's (and heck, some of my juniors) aren't that clean! Now I'm even more impressed.

Funny how a seasoned parent - you've been through all this yourself - knows it's about the ride and steady wins the race, whereas a first year parent loses their minds if baby unicorn doesn't have that BWO in two weeks. lol

This is so true. I've been on this adventure with my older daughter for a while now. She is on a 5R team now. BUt this was our first season with my youngest. She just wanted to do what her big sister does and have fun. So our gym didn't have a Tiny team but she is on a Mini Prep team. She's had a blast but I have certainly watched alot of those moms push, push, push. They push those kids to tears, the coaches to frustration, etc. I've tried to tell them to slow down you've got lots of years to get those skills. This isn't a race. In our gym there isn't really anywhere for a 6 year old with a bhspring to go anyway. But they just don't listen and they actually think I'm the crazy one for not pushing my little one. Whatever. She's 5 I just want to see her happy.

The stunt that went down twice has a flyer with a freshly broken nose. Genuinely hope she is okay since it didn't look like there was a guard on her face and that can cause a lot of damage.
I just saw a picture of this athlete on Twitter and All I can say is wow. Evidently it is a broken nose and deviated septum& the bruising on that poor things face is brutal. It looked quite painful. Praying for her that she has a quick and safe recovery!

The stunt that went down twice has a flyer with a freshly broken nose. Genuinely hope she is okay since it didn't look like there was a guard on her face and that can cause a lot of damage.
She's a friend of my daughter and seems to be feeling better already. Such a great athlete.

Just curious if anyone has heard if the two teams that had at large bids in large senior are staying in large or trying again for a paid bid in medium since they didn't them at UCA?

Just curious if anyone has heard if the two teams that had at large bids in large senior are staying in large or trying again for a paid bid in medium since they didn't them at UCA?
Who in large senior only has an at large?

Who in large senior only has an at large?
according to the wiki (which may or may not be updated..) quite a few!
Cheer Extreme Ladies of Teal, HotCheer Bombshells, KC Cheer Fearless, Pittsburgh Superstars Supermodels, Texas Lonestar Cheer Red

I recall reading on this thread that LOT & KC Cheer Fearless had competed in medium to try for a paid bid. Just was curious if anyone had heard if they were staying in large or going to try for the medium paid again?

according to the wiki (which may or may not be updated..) quite a few!
Cheer Extreme Ladies of Teal, HotCheer Bombshells, KC Cheer Fearless, Pittsburgh Superstars Supermodels, Texas Lonestar Cheer Red
Oh okay! The original post had mentioned not getting a paid bid at UCA and I was confused because all four of the teams that competed at UCA were paid.

Oh okay! The original post had mentioned not getting a paid bid at UCA and I was confused because all four of the teams that competed at UCA were paid.
Those 2 teams (LOT and KC) both competed as medium at UCA to try to get a bid in medium (I would assume even an at-large). But neither of them got any bid.

would it even matter if they only had an at large and were to stay in large senior, wouldnt they still make finals regardless because of how many few teams are in large senior to begin with. Granted i get the whole the bid paying for everything, etc. Or do these teams not have a bid at all yet.

would it even matter if they only had an at large and were to stay in large senior, wouldnt they still make finals regardless because of how many few teams are in large senior to begin with. Granted i get the whole the bid paying for everything, etc. Or do these teams not have a bid at all yet.
If every team that currently has a bid in large senior goes to worlds as large, there will be 11 teams, so 1 wouldn't make finals. But that is if they all go.
Those two teams don't have any kind of bid in medium.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It might matter if they have less than 31 athletes since they wouldn't be a "large" team anymore. I've asked that question around but no one has been able to give me a definitive answer as to whether they'd be allowed to compete without the minimum number of athletes for the division.

I searched LOT on twitter and saw a few "congrats for making LOT" tweets from the past few days and saw a kid from Alaska flying in to be on a CEA worlds team, so my guess is they'll be competing with at least 31 athletes (unless they had even more injuries/quitters.) With LE going and staying R5, they also could pull from those athletes to fill up LOT, I guess.

It might matter if they have less than 31 athletes since they wouldn't be a "large" team anymore. I've asked that question around but no one has been able to give me a definitive answer as to whether they'd be allowed to compete without the minimum number of athletes for the division.

I searched LOT on twitter and saw a few "congrats for making LOT" tweets from the past few days and saw a kid from Alaska flying in to be on a CEA worlds team, so my guess is they'll be competing with at least 31 athletes (unless they had even more injuries/quitters.) With LE going and staying R5, they also could pull from those athletes to fill up LOT, I guess.

They have at least the minimum number of athletes.

Back