All-Star Vipers Allstars (maryland)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

sorry to hear that they lost girls from small senior, did they go elsewhere this late in the season or just quit?

so in this instance is the release null and void? Where they placed on worlds teams or just any team that had a spot?

the gym release to compete at worlds that athletes usually have to do when they switch gyms mid season.
I am guessing that no realease is required since the gym they left no longer exists. Same with the athletes on King Cobras (in VA). Remember VIP Athletics is a new gym with a new owner that took over most of the existing athletes and coaches. So Venom also "switched gyms" but again shouldn't need to be released from a gym that no longer exists if they get a bid this weekend.

venom is no longer going to reach the beach this weekend, they will be going to US Finals instead. as far as the release goes, i don't know that much about all of that stuff however i assume if a gym is closed there is nothing to get released from. VIP Athletics is a new program that absorbed the vipers, we just happen to be in the same gym with the same coaches.

yes about half of the team left and went to twisters. half of venom = lady t's

i believe about 8 girls left venom when everything initially went down and i think 2 ended up coming back. i could be wrong on the 2 coming back, those might have been girls who left because they didn't like how ron was running things and came back after ron was no longer there.

venom is no longer going to reach the beach this weekend, they will be going to US Finals instead. as far as the release goes, i don't know that much about all of that stuff however i assume if a gym is closed there is nothing to get released from. VIP Athletics is a new program that absorbed the vipers, we just happen to be in the same gym with the same coaches.
Sorry they won't be at RTB, been a tough spring for those kids! Wish them well at US Finals!

I am pretty sure that USASF was made aware of the Viper situation and agreed to release the girls from Vipers to allow them to go to other programs to finish out the 2012 season....

I would hope the USASF understands that a gym closing and the ex-owner hiding out like a coward, should be an instant release from a gym, no questions asked. These athletes have been through enough.

A friend of mine who isnt on this board asked me to post this for her.....

I wish that the Viper's parent's would do their research!!!
My child used to cheer for Nick Sweeney, and I can honestly say that WE have never been happier to be away. One thing that I am sure you weren't informed of is what comes with the name... You just found out that your gym was staying open... But he is NOT the knight and shining armor he pretends to be.
Just a little insight... Nick Sweeney comes off as a awesome person. Maybe a little to friendly with the senior aged girls, but cool. Until he has all of your money and takes your kids to competitions where no one else is there, so they can win. (We were NEVER allowed to go to any competition with real competitors unless it was out of state... he wouldn't even put out a comp schedule until Dream, Twister's, Viper's, Marlins all the top teams in MD put out there schedule to avoid them)
Fearless Allstars is his 7th gym. Which makes you wonder??? Why are you owning your 7th gym? None of Nick's gyms have lasted longer than 3 yrs... This could be due to the lack of EVERYTHING!!!!! To begin he has a active arrest warrant in Maryland, owes about $100,000 in active civil suites pertaining to cheer(look it up). Has no genuine interest in cheer. It's a money thing.. and to a person with a GAMBLING problem... that's the last thing you need. This man bet and lost our competition entry fee money in Atlantic City when Fearless was there for a competition... People had to scramble to pay the fee's so the children to compete... I could go on and on. Will he even have a gym location after April? The lease is set to end in April and after all the times he has been to court over failure to pay rent on the cheer gym (where people pay tuition) .... you can see why he has hopped on to the vipers band wagon... To come in give your kids high hopes.. Never teach them except how to cheat (PERFECT EXAMPLE HIS JR 4 DARE DEVILS TEAM CONTAINS SEVERAL SENIOR AGED GIRLS) anything and sail off into the sunset when he finds the next gym to rob... Sometimes you have to wonder who you are dealing with, and who are you allowing into your child's life?
All I am saying is PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE. However if you have no problem with this.. and have money to throw around. Your child can be the star of the team!!!! INSTEAD OF FEARLESS U SHOULD BE FEARFUL AND RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION.

I am a Viper mom. I can tell you that most of this is verified as untrue, the rest has no evidence. I have done my research, there is not 100,000 in civil suits against him. He does have a genuine interest in cheer (he still cheers as a raven). That comment that was inflammatory about "being a little too interested in the older girls" comes from the defamation of character case that he had against another gym owner a couple of years ago. I will not name the other gym, but it is all in the case and he was found in the right on that. He is not financially vested in our gym. He is FRIENDS with Tom (the new owner) because they cheered together with the ravens, so it is kind of like a sister-gym of sorts. I cannot speak to the dues and comps because I was not there, but there is no record of him previously owning another gym that I could find anywhere.

I really wish that less people found a need to continue to kick someone that was already down. These are not loaded comments about some faceless, cold organization. These are comments about a small group of people that have hurt children and hopeful leaders that are willing to fight through disparity. Our whole organization has been "fearful" of what is going on and unsure as to what the future may hold, but teaching our girls to "run in the other direction" as soon as we hit a rough patch is not a life lesson that I, personally, am not willing to do. Oh, and the added comment about
'if you have no problem with this and money to throw around, your child can be the start of the team!" ... Really? Why such a heartless addition to the soap-box speech? To assume that anybody that stays is either an idiot for wasting money, or immoral for buying a star position is beyond culpable and unnecessary given the position that everyone of these families were put in.

Our girls have been through so much already. My baby cried a lot over the deceit, and the thought of having to change gyms. We really were on the fence about leaving, even though we thought it wrong to ever quit mid-season. After having the initial meeting with Tom and hearing him out I felt so much better. And, I can tell you that he is not just talk. He has made awesome changes and done everything in his power to allow our girls to have a full season. He made the transition seamless (aside from the issues that were beyond his control) and all of the money that was stolen from us by Ron, he is honoring (from his own pocket) so all of these families would not be out one dime. I am so glad that we chose to stay, and proud to be part of VIP athletics! Our cheer family is closer now than ever, and my CP is so happy!

At the end of the day, isn't that what this is all about?

Back