OT Who's Excited For... Dance Moms Season 2!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Thanks armycheermom for explaining that. It is crazy that she is flushing everything that her mother built for a little bit of fame. It isn't even good fame though, the girls are who gets the praises while people sit in shock that Abby does what she does.
If she is like this in everyday life it is no wonder all she has is her dog.
Was Abby once a dancer or did she just get handed the studio by her mother? I wonder because well you never see Abby really do any type of dancing. I know that Brooke's mom has mentioned that she was a student of Abby's, but were the other moms also?
Also last question, since Brooke just turned 14 (i think someone said 14) does that mean that in the next season (as in next year if it gets picked back up) will Brooke still be in the group or will she be replaced because of her age?

Thanks armycheermom for explaining that. It is crazy that she is flushing everything that her mother built for a little bit of fame. It isn't even good fame though, the girls are who gets the praises while people sit in shock that Abby does what she does.
If she is like this in everyday life it is no wonder all she has is her dog.
Was Abby once a dancer or did she just get handed the studio by her mother? I wonder because well you never see Abby really do any type of dancing. I know that Brooke's mom has mentioned that she was a student of Abby's, but were the other moms also?
Also last question, since Brooke just turned 14 (i think someone said 14) does that mean that in the next season (as in next year if it gets picked back up) will Brooke still be in the group or will she be replaced because of her age?
Abby danced when she was younger at her moms studio but stopped at an early age and created her own dance company. armycheermom might be able to explain a little better then i can.
I am not sure what they are going to do with Brooke next year but she is already starting to look out of place with these girls so we will see. they start filming again next week and it will be back in June. :)

ztaprincess Abby use to dance and she also did a lot of different extracurricular activities, led by her dad. She was never a star dancer like Chloe or Maddie, in fact she was never as good as any of the girls on the show. In the 1980's dance comps started to get a big boom and Abby knew she wasn't a great dancer who could win titles/trophies on her own, she deicded to get a group of younger girls (6-12) and have them preform/win for her, hence the Abby Lee Dance Company was formed. They practiced in her mother's studio, but they were Abby's girls. It's still like that today, the studio the girls practice in is called Regin Dance Productions, but they preform for the ALDC. Abby's mother had paid off the studio, before she retired and gave the studio to Abby, but Abby did all these renovations and messed up money and was actually bankrupted and about to lose the studio before the show came along. Melissa's fiancé's Greg, actually got the studio out of debt...another reason why Maddie & Mackenzie are treated better. Kelly did dance for Abby when she was younger, but quit dance when she was 13/14 for cheer. Abby still is mad about that, she spoke about it in the first season. None of the other moms have dance for Abby. Melissa did some gymnastic when she was little, I believed Chrisiti cheered when she was in high school (@cheergirl4444 ) , Holly did African dance in college, Cathy dance and won when she was younger, for her mom and Jill also dance and cheer, cheering for the Unversity of PA. Brook is 14 and I honestly don't know if they will replace her or not...Brook,as well as Mackenzie, were brought into the show because their sisters were cast and it was just easier on the moms to have sister sets on the show. I would say, that logically, between Brook wanting to dance/cheer with kids her age/ability level and growing up, I see this being her last season. I actually think, Maddie & Mackenize look a little more out of place with the group because while all the girls, (esp. Chloe & Paige) are tall with long arms & legs and short torsos, M&M are short with short arms, legs and torsos. But I don't see them taking them off unless the rumors are true, that Greg doesn't want Melissa or the girls on the show after this season....

armycheermom thanks a ton for answering questions.
With all the cheer background many of the moms have had it makes sense why Abby hated on it so much.
Is Greg the guy who is tied to the show and Lifetime who is/was married when he was seeing Melissa? (or am I imagining that being said)

Wait. I thought Brooke was only at FCA for a hot second. Someone (whose younger sister supposedly cheers for FCA) on another site is telling me Brooke's still there?

Wait. I thought Brooke was only at FCA for a hot second. Someone (whose younger sister supposedly cheers for FCA) on another site is telling me Brooke's still there?

To my knowledge, Brooke is not at FCA. I was told she was only there for purposes of the show, but that could be completely wrong.

To my knowledge, Brooke is not at FCA. I was told she was only there for purposes of the show, but that could be completely wrong.
Hmm. That's strange, as DM didn't show FCA once. Whoever I'm talking to about it has a sister on Rubies... but then how in the world would she ever be able to do both FCA and ALDC? Seems like practices/competitions would conflict.

ztaprincess Greg works @ Westinghouse, in the Nuclear Division. Melissa also use to work there, which is how they meet. He cheated on his wife with Melissa and if history repeats itself,he will end up doing the same thing with Melissa. On the dance mom site I'm apart off, this lady gave us a tell all of Melissa/Greg relationship. Start reading from page 4 to 10..it's some pretty shady stuff....
Want the Dance Moms truth? Read the Tweets! -

ztaprincess Greg works @ Westinghouse, in the Nuclear Division. Melissa also use to work there, which is how they meet. He cheated on his wife with Melissa and if history repeats itself,he will end up doing the same thing with Melissa. On the dance mom site I'm apart off, this lady gave us a tell all of Melissa/Greg relationship. Start reading from page 4 to 10..it's some pretty shady stuff....

It seems so obvious to me. If a man (or woman) will cheat on their spouse WITH you, what makes you think they won't turn right around and cheat ON you. But somehow they are always surprised....

Do Melissa work anywhere? I saw the tour of her house and its nice, and she was driving a BMW x5 and a volvo I believe. Im not one to get into people business like that, just curious. Nevermind about the bmw. I read the post

It makes sense that he dishes out the money for them because I remember season one they talked about how her boyfriend was paying for the girl's dance. Now this season though they have mentioned how Melissa works at the gym to pay for it all. Lifetime really does a horrible job at editing an forgetting what was already said previously on the show.

Do Melissa work anywhere? I saw the tour of her house and its nice, and she was driving a BMW x5 and a volvo I believe. Im not one to get into people business like that, just curious. Nevermind about the bmw. I read the post
Melissa does not have a job right now. she used to work though. the BMW is from her fiance

Back