OT Who's Excited For... Dance Moms Season 2!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I was completely horrified watching Maddie break down on the last episode and the fact that NO ONE stepped in to stop it. She reminds me of that episode of Saved By the Bell where Jessie takes the diet pills to stay awake. Here is a kid who's home life is falling apart, the only safe place she had was the studio and her mother decides to invite the whole nation into it. She is a kid unhinged that is one step away from an eating disorder. I disturbed me her need to organize the makeup when Chloe won the scholarship and the fact her mother completely ignored that what was going on was not normal for a 9 year old. Then when she ran off and immediatly freaked out that "Abby is going to kill me..." was almost to painful to watch. She is trying to please everyone and eventually it's going to catch up to her. I honestly believe that no one pays attention to her unless she is dancing.
The stuff that happened with Chloe was also difficult to watch. I was so sad when she went over and put her head on the table watching Abby smother Maddie in love even though she ran off stage. The only thing I can think of is in "real life" Abby knows that Chloe is a miles apart from Maddie in talent and pushes her but also "babies" Maddie because her home life is such a cluster f.
Dance moms: Miami Forget Abby Lee....those are our coaches lol

*enter: bad parenting rant*

As much as I love the show, I think the entire thing is quite disturbing and the finale episode sold me on just how disturbing it is. It's not even just these moms in particular, but ANY parent that is willing to throw their child in the public spotlight so they can pay their bills and both get their 15 minutes of fame should prepare themselves to be raising teenagers and young adults sent straight from Satan himself. All these types of shows: Dance Moms, Jon and Kate, Teen Mom, etc. that do nothing short of completely destroy the life of these "parent's" (I use the term loosely) children are so unsettling it's ridiculous. The fact that when the cameras turn off they will still be left with these questionable people as their primary guardians makes me want to start a "Center for Reality TV Show Kids" with 24 hour on call therapists so I can cry with them. ANY parent who subjects their child to being filmed regularly by reality television is a bad parent. I'm sorry, but it's true. Any parent that can take a step back and realize that x number of years of being noticed is not worth a lifetime of psychological damage is twice the parent that any of the Dance Moms/Teen Moms/Kate Gosselin/etc. will EVER be. Do none of them realize that it's virtually unheard of for reality kids to end up any better than the child of an alcoholic/drug addict/psycho tiger mom/etc. and that most of them seem to turn into troubled young adults themselves? And the fact that fans "reward" a lot of these parents by saying "You're such a good mom!" or "You're the best mom on the show!" makes it 10x worse, so if any of you crazies from the shows I mentioned are reading this: Get your child out of the spotlight while the psychological damage is still only going to play a minor impact in their young adult thought process! You are not a good parent if you do this to their child! You're nothing more than the best piece of scum in the scum bucket!

*rant over*

I was completely horrified watching Maddie break down on the last episode and the fact that NO ONE stepped in to stop it. She reminds me of that episode of Saved By the Bell where Jessie takes the diet pills to stay awake. Here is a kid who's home life is falling apart, the only safe place she had was the studio and her mother decides to invite the whole nation into it. She is a kid unhinged that is one step away from an eating disorder. I disturbed me her need to organize the makeup when Chloe won the scholarship and the fact her mother completely ignored that what was going on was not normal for a 9 year old. Then when she ran off and immediatly freaked out that "Abby is going to kill me..." was almost to painful to watch. She is trying to please everyone and eventually it's going to catch up to her. I honestly believe that no one pays attention to her unless she is dancing.
The stuff that happened with Chloe was also difficult to watch. I was so sad when she went over and put her head on the table watching Abby smother Maddie in love even though she ran off stage. The only thing I can think of is in "real life" Abby knows that Chloe is a miles apart from Maddie in talent and pushes her but also "babies" Maddie because her home life is such a cluster f.
Dance moms: Miami Forget Abby Lee....those are our coaches lol
I just want to address this because i need to defend Melissa here. Maddie's meltdown was not due to Chloe getting the scholarship as she got one also, and she got the call before Chloe did. her meltdown in the dressing room was a normal 9 year old meltdown that ALL 9 year old have. the editing made it seem like she was upset she didn't get a scholarship. Melissa absolutely LOVES her girls with everything in her and they are her entire world. Maddie's home life really isn't all that messy. she lives in a nice house with 2 adults that love her and support her. she is one step away from an eating disorder? please the girl eats more then I do! she is a perfectionist therefore when something goes wrong she is a mess, this doesn't mean her home life is messy, her mom doesn't love her, or she is going to develop an eating disorder. people are so quick to judge based on what they see on TV, you have to remember this is a reality show.
the second half of your post about Chloe, is pretty accurate! i almost couldn't watch the end because of Chloe, and i knew that it was coming because Christi warned me! she looked so upset and Abby didn't care one bit, she never does.

If Melissa wants a private life then don't put yourself on a reality show in order to make a paycheck. Everyone is entitled to a private life, but you don't go on national TV and talk about it then all of a sudden want it to be private.
The fact that she moved in with him months after his wife left is disgusting. She may love her child but I have absolutely NO sympathy for a homewrecker. Seeing it happen to my Aunt over the past year makes me have nothing but disgust for people like that.

DEA results were finally put up. i only knew about Chloe because i didn't attend DEA but here are the complete results for the dance moms girls
Mackenzie-3rd place small fry solo
Chloe-1st place junior solo
Maddie-2nd and 3rd place junior solo
Paige-1st place pre-teen solo (yay!)
Maddie and Chloe- 1st place duo/trio
Group- 1st place "where have all the children gone" 2nd place "Born to dance"
Line- 1st place "Bad apples"
Kendall and Nia won scholarships

Sorry if I completely missed something already posted (I kept falling a few episodes behind so I couldn't keep up with the thread!) but is Kendall back at ALDC? I see that she was included in the results from DEA (unless maybe she was there as an Apple) and I saw that Chloe tweeted a picture of a group of kids at the studio and Kendall was in it.

Sorry if I completely missed something already posted (I kept falling a few episodes behind so I couldn't keep up with the thread!) but is Kendall back at ALDC? I see that she was included in the results from DEA (unless maybe she was there as an Apple) and I saw that Chloe tweeted a picture of a group of kids at the studio and Kendall was in it.
Kendall was only at candy apples for the show so once it was done filming she went back to ALDC and has been competing with them recently. not sure what they will do with her once the season starts back up but she signed on for the next season!

Kendall was only at candy apples for the show so once it was done filming she went back to ALDC and has been competing with them recently. not sure what they will do with her once the season starts back up but she signed on for the next season!
okay, so heres my question, is jill really that bad?

okay, so heres my question, is jill really that bad?
haha i haven't really known Jill as long as the other moms but i have met her a few times and she is VERY sweet! she is very into Kendall's dancing but she really isn't as crazy as they make her seem.

haha i haven't really known Jill as long as the other moms but i have met her a few times and she is VERY sweet! she is very into Kendall's dancing but she really isn't as crazy as they make her seem.
lol thats good then, wasnt sure if i was the only one that assumed she may be an okay momma she seemed like she just cares about kendall but ive been wrong before :p

does abby lee and stars go to dance worlds?? im new to both dance moms so i was just wondering if they did or not

Back