OT Who's Excited For... Dance Moms Season 2!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Glad i wasn't the only one immediately thinking "developing/future eating disorder" watching Maddie in the dressing room
oh please not again. i can guarantee you she is not developing an eating disorder saw her a few weeks ago and she is as happy as ever.

oh please not again. i can guarantee you she is not developing an eating disorder saw her a few weeks ago and she is as happy as ever.
I guess what i meant was that behaviour/type of personality has shown a higher chance in an eating disorder. I didn't mean that as of this moment she is battling or developing one, just that it seems like a high chance in the future and obviously i am not the only one noting this.

I guess what i meant was that behaviour/type of personality has shown a higher chance in an eating disorder. I didn't mean that as of this moment she is battling or developing one, just that it seems like a high chance in the future and obviously i am not the only one noting this.
I know i already addressed the other person who said it. but i can assure you Maddie is FINE. her behavior was a 9 year old tantrum that all kids will have at one point, hers was just caught on camera and edited to seem a lot worse then it actually was. she danced the group number after her solo and rocked it.

I was completely horrified watching Maddie break down on the last episode and the fact that NO ONE stepped in to stop it. She reminds me of that episode of Saved By the Bell where Jessie takes the diet pills to stay awake. Here is a kid who's home life is falling apart, the only safe place she had was the studio and her mother decides to invite the whole nation into it. She is a kid unhinged that is one step away from an eating disorder. I disturbed me her need to organize the makeup when Chloe won the scholarship and the fact her mother completely ignored that what was going on was not normal for a 9 year old. Then when she ran off and immediatly freaked out that "Abby is going to kill me..." was almost to painful to watch. She is trying to please everyone and eventually it's going to catch up to her. I honestly believe that no one pays attention to her unless she is dancing.
The stuff that happened with Chloe was also difficult to watch. I was so sad when she went over and put her head on the table watching Abby smother Maddie in love even though she ran off stage. The only thing I can think of is in "real life" Abby knows that Chloe is a miles apart from Maddie in talent and pushes her but also "babies" Maddie because her home life is such a cluster f.
Dance moms: Miami Forget Abby Lee....those are our coaches lol

Right, I don't care how much someone claims to "know these parents" and how normal these kids are...her reaction was not a typical 9 year old tantrum. Nothing about her reaction was normal

Right, I don't care how much someone claims to "know these parents" and how normal these kids are...her reaction was not a typical 9 year old tantrum. Nothing about her reaction was normal
you and everyone else can think whatever you want but I can assure you Maddie is fine. PLEASE remember this is a television show and they manipulate and edit things for ratings.

you and everyone else can think whatever you want but I can assure you Maddie is fine. PLEASE remember this is a television show and they manipulate and edit things for ratings.

I'm familiar with how reality television is manipulated. HOWEVER the footage they showed of her tantrum, in particular the statement where she was like 'NO I HAVE TO ORGANIZE' would send off a red flag with any educator (like myself), parent, psychiatrist etc because it was an atypical statement for a 9 yr old to make.

Unless you're saying that line was spoon fed to her by producers?

Ditto for her coming off stage and the look of horror in her eyes while stating that AL was going to kill her.

Just come back in 5-10-15 years and then reassure us that all of these kids are fine.

I'm familiar with how reality television is manipulated. HOWEVER the footage they showed of her tantrum, in particular the statement where she was like 'NO I HAVE TO ORGANIZE' would send off a red flag with any educator (like myself), parent, psychiatrist etc because it was an atypical statement for a 9 yr old to make.

Unless you're saying that line was spoon fed to her by producers?

Ditto for her coming off stage and the look of horror in her eyes while stating that AL was going to kill her.

Just come back in 5-10-15 years and then reassure us that all of these kids are fine.
Maddie is not your typical 9 year old, she is wise beyond her years. she has a bit of anxiety because of the pressure that is put on her. this particular week was week 13 of non stop competitions and practice and filming. she learned her routine in 1 day and was perfecting it with Gianna and Chloe the night before in a hotel room. when she gets nervous or anxious she likes to organize her stuff to keep busy. my cousin is 10 and when she has anxiety attacks she, just like Maddie, likes to organzie things because it keeps her busy and her mind off of whatever she was anxious about. it may not be normal but its how she deals with the stress. as for the comment about Abby was going to kill her. all of the girls said it when they forgot their routine and they all cried. Abby is tough on them and she expects perfection, so when she forgot her routine she knew she had let abby down and that is why she was so upset.

if i am still on here years from now i will be glad to update everyone on how the kids are and i am pretty sure i will be able to tell you the girls are great. the moms are all great moms and they know how to parent their children.

What isn't manipulated is her life is now under a microscope. Within 2 hours of the "let's sue our friends" episode, tvgasm.com and dancemoms.com had so much dirt on Melissa and her fiance it was ridiculous. Dancemoms in particular had a "friend" basically spill all of Melissa's dirty laundry about how her fiance was still married, how they met, the fact he bailed out Abby's studio...ect. Posters were actually combing county websites and found court documents pointing to a foreclosure, people suing her ex-husband, a name change (to her fiance's who is still married).
A "bit" of anxiety is not what I was seeing on the show. I am sure some of it was manipulated but the kid's reactions are not, unless they are amazing actresses then they all deserve Emmy's at this point.

What isn't manipulated is her life is now under a microscope. Within 2 hours of the "let's sue our friends" episode, tvgasm.com and dancemoms.com had so much dirt on Melissa and her fiance it was ridiculous. Dancemoms in particular had a "friend" basically spill all of Melissa's dirty laundry about how her fiance was still married, how they met, the fact he bailed out Abby's studio...ect. Posters were actually combing county websites and found court documents pointing to a foreclosure, people suing her ex-husband, a name change (to her fiance's who is still married).
A "bit" of anxiety is not what I was seeing on the show. I am sure some of it was manipulated but the kid's reactions are not, unless they are amazing actresses then they all deserve Emmy's at this point.

Yep. Upon reading this thread this morning, it took me .5 seconds to find information on the first wife, the first marriage, the son from the first marriage....

I did see that Melissa changed her name, I found that to be totally odd, they are not married yet right? I mean I know we are behind a couple of months but still.

Maddie is not your typical 9 year old, she is wise beyond her years. she has a bit of anxiety because of the pressure that is put on her. this particular week was week 13 of non stop competitions and practice and filming. she learned her routine in 1 day and was perfecting it with Gianna and Chloe the night before in a hotel room. when she gets nervous or anxious she likes to organize her stuff to keep busy. my cousin is 10 and when she has anxiety attacks she, just like Maddie, likes to organzie things because it keeps her busy and her mind off of whatever she was anxious about. it may not be normal but its how she deals with the stress. as for the comment about Abby was going to kill her. all of the girls said it when they forgot their routine and they all cried. Abby is tough on them and she expects perfection, so when she forgot her routine she knew she had let abby down and that is why she was so upset.

if i am still on here years from now i will be glad to update everyone on how the kids are and i am pretty sure i will be able to tell you the girls are great. the moms are all great moms and they know how to parent their children.
i'm sixteen and when i have anxiety about something like that/ anxiety attacks (which i have often) , i have to oraganize things.

Back