All-Star Wild Card Performance Order Is Out For Summit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For our gym, we don't do another big travel competition, so I'm fine with going. I'd prefer an AL or paid bid, but it's tight competition either way. I'm hoping my kid will be on a team in a smaller division next year. Lol!

I really want to see a wildcard team win summit. Do you realize how cool that'd be!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep an eye on Large Junior 2 then. It's the division that my daughter's team is in and we've seen a lot of the teams already this season. Louisiana Cheer Force, the first team to go in the wildcard division, has a very legitimate shot at winning. They were great at Cheersport and I'm shocked they never upgraded to a paid bid at some point during the season.

ETA: Though I'd still prefer a win for Ultimate Athletics Empresses. ;)

W
@CheerDad18 that made me LOL

While I don't agree with what the EP is doing. I am glad I could bring a smile to your face. I am a realist on any given day any team can win.

@Just-a-Mom if you are thinking of making the drive to the New Gymtyme of IL you might want to look at Team IL. I don't know your CP's level but the Family that runs The gym are great people.

Last edited:
Omg 35 small junior 3s

Although I'm not a fan of wildcards to begin with can they atleast advance like atleast 3?
I don't see how 35 can properly be placed in order and if you go at the beginning I don't care what anyone says but that will be even more difficult to be the top 1 team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you see that many Wild Cards and you know 1 team goes through it shows you how much this is not about being the best of the best but MONEY. Gyms go because parents pay it and the gym wants to say they have a Summit bid (not what type of bid). Varsity makes money having them. Looking at that just shows you this isn't about the best teams it is about the money when it comes down to brass tax of it all -- sort of takes the luster off a Summit to me.

When you see that many Wild Cards and you know 1 team goes through it shows you how much this is not about being the best of the best but MONEY. Gyms go because parents pay it and the gym wants to say they have a Summit bid (not what type of bid). Varsity makes money having them. Looking at that just shows you this isn't about the best teams it is about the money when it comes down to brass tax of it all -- sort of takes the luster off a Summit to me.
My daughters gym accepted 2 Wildcard bids for lg J3 and Sm coed3. The only other chance we would've had to get a Summit bid was at NCA. Which our teams placed 3rd in. We only went to 1 Wildcard competition. Just because a team is there on a Wildcard does not mean that they didn't earn it or deserve to be there. I do agree that it is about money for Varsity. But it also gives those gyms that don't have access to competitions that offer at large or paid bids a chance to compete. Just as someone stated earlier, just bc you have an AL or paid bid doesn't necessarily mean you'll compete more than once. Many many teams with AL and paid bids will be "one and done". I know for a fact that some of those Wildcard bids can run with the big dogs and probably beat most of them. Not trying to be nasty, just hoping to make people understand that the Wildcard bids weren't easy to obtain.

Last edited:
For those of you that it's your first time, I highly doubt you'll be disappointed. I think you are seeing lower level teams get better and better and stronger and stronger nationwide because there are plenty of us "crazy" parents and gyms who want to attend The Summit and are willing to pay to do so. But mainly I think we're willing to pay because we have kids on strong teams who are working their tails off. We get bids to US Finals, we don't attend. It's our gym's decision. We can choose to go somewhere else if we don't want to be in the Summit rat race. I don't know why I feel the need to defend this comp, we have just enjoyed it the past two seasons.

My daughters gym accepted 2 Wildcard bids for lg J3 and Sm coed3. The only other chance we would've had to get a Summit bid was at NCA. Which our teams placed 3rd in. We only went to 1 Wildcard competition. Just because a team is there on a Wildcard does not mean that they didn't earn it or deserve to be there. I do agree that it is about money for Varsity. But it also gives those gyms that don't have access to competitions that offer at large or paid bids a chance to compete. Just as someone stated earlier, just bc you have an AL or paid bid doesn't necessarily mean you'll compete more than once. Many many teams with AL and paid bids will be "one and done". I know for a fact that some of those Wildcard bids can run with the big dogs and probably beat most of them. Not trying to be nasty, just hoping to make people understand that the Wildcard bids weren't easy to obtain.

That is a very good point about Wild cards and thank you for sharing. My wording could have definitely been better than best of the best because I did not mean the teams are not worthy and apologize if it came about that way was not the intent. I think personally reading of all the sand bagging (and seeing it), looking at these Wild Card lists.... I think I have gotten a bit jaded on what Varsity is selling this as and what I am seeing. Does not mean it is not a great comp or that my view is a correct one- but I certainly do not see it the same as I used to a Worlds to lower-levels and ages. I feel like Varsity and the EPS and gyms have figured it is a great way to make more money and that parents of younger athletes may be even more apt to put a whole chunk of change especially when more athletes at these other levels and ages. Maybe just a grumpy day for Glenda:defeated:

I'm a bit confused because when I checked the Varsity document of Summit bid winners it lists 22 teams as Wildcard bid winners in Small Junior 2, but the tentative schedule has 14. Did 8 suddenly upgrade to full paid, or? I mean I'm certainly not complaining because that's short nearly a third of the competition there would have been, but I thought that list was of teams that had accepted their bids and were going? I keep looking back at it to see if I missed something but I'm not noticing if I did.
Doc for reference:
http://register.varsity.com/VAS/2015 Summit Bid Winners.pdf

Back