All-Star Worlds Espn

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

TwistersKatelyn said:
Worlds needs more then a hour.

If competitive cheer had more credibility as a sport it would get more time on ESPN. It doesnt, so it won't. JMO

You just sold surround sound to a lot of cheerleaders. Bwahahahah
I was so excited when i found out. I watched the first few teams with it off, then turned it on and had to restart the show. I sat right next to my back speaker. I don't even know what Amy said throughout the show.

Personal opinion, but I wish they would do away with ESPN and Block Party, save the money, get a better venue and show it for free or 10$ online, JMO.

Personal opinion, but I wish they would do away with ESPN and Block Party, save the money, get a better venue and show it for free or 10$ online, JMO.

I don't think USASF makes any money on the block party. Not sure where that idea comes from. That money would go straight to Mickey

I don't think USASF makes any money on the block party. Not sure where that idea comes from. That money would go straight to Mickey
That's not what I meant, what I mean by that is that money charged per athlete goes somewhere, some goes towards the production of the ESPN broadcast and some goes towards paying for the block party. I understand that NEITHER have anything to do with USASF taking or making money off of either BUT the money for those 2 come from somewhere!? I feel like if these 2 things were not at Worlds then Worlds experience would not change at all. Sorry if there was confusion about the USASF/block party.

No confusion someone else brought it up as well.

I just don't think that either the production of the broadcast or the block party money impact anything related to how Worlds is put on. I am no TV expert, but the TV broadcast should be funded by the on-air sponsors so all production costs should be handled by ESPN. The party is just another Disney option so whether or not people attend only affects people at Worlds.

I personally like the ESPN broadcast, but I take it at face value. I don't think my gym has ever even been mentioned or viewed. I just think its more hassle than its worth, but gains some exposure so it is what it is. And as for the block party, I don't think it has been a positive, ever.

If it were at a different venue, it wouldn't feel like Worlds to the majority of people.. IMO.

I agree. That is why I am anti-moving worlds away from Disney. Overall it is crowded but I have hope (very little but still hope) that Disney and the USASF can find a way to fix this.

The only downside that I see from having worlds at Disney is that ESPN covers it. Move it away and let FSN cover it and you can get 2 or 3 shows that cover all divisions. But I am not sure it is worth it to move it away from Disney.

Just like @SharkDad said until there is more credibility ESPN is not going to give cheer more then what it already does. Cheer just isn't there yet, no matter how much those in the sport believe it should have the credibility there is too many problems that still haven't been worked out for outsiders to do for it.

a) who were the grand champs of worlds?
b) does gym tyme's IOC6 team always wear u of l uniforms? excuse my ignorance haha.

They did not award a "grand champion" because different divisions/levels are scored using different criteria. However, GymTyme Pink had the highest score for their scoresheet of any team at Worlds.

GymTyme's IOC6 team wears UofL uniforms because the vast majority of them (all but 1 or 2?) are on the U of L cheer squad. It wouldn't make sense to purchase new uniforms for that many people when they already have something that matches already.

Back