All-Star Worlds Espn

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If it were at a different venue, it wouldn't feel like Worlds to the majority of people.. IMO.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I can't argue with the logic that: "If you change something about Worlds, then it won't be exactly the same as it was before." I can suggest that a new venue would not feel like Worlds 2005-2011, it would be a massive improvement.

There are many positives about Worlds being at Disney. You could make the argument that the positives outweigh the negatives. However, to suggest that the performance venue is among those positives is a little crazy to me. It is easily the smallest, least impressive venue of any major cheer event, by a WIDE margin.

I, like many others feel the coverage, even if only kept at an hour, could have been done much better. I'm curious as to how much time and cost they actually put into it. Makes me kind of wonder if its a case of dangling the carrot, and it's Disney's way of justifying keeping Worlds there, because they can offer ESPN coverage(read: ESPN COVERAGE!!!). Obviously NCA is still covered on tv, so not having Worlds at Disney doesn't mean possible coverage automatically goes away. But at the same time, Fox Sports is certainly not ESPN as far as network status.

You didn't happen to catch either of the FOUR TIMES that Maryland Marlins competed ESPN? 4th place or not, come on those girls deserved at least a highlight

I was just thinking how Worlds should be more than an hour, just so I can show other people, but they don't understand it anyways....which is why Im thankful for buying on the iasf website!

*sigh thank you!

@xtremeteal4life please leave me alone. I haven't talked to you since that immature message you sent me & I didn't plan on talking to you again. You act like a teenager.
pot..kettle
how very mature of you :rolleyes:

regardless, I apologize that your inability to form completely coherent sentences might have caused me to misunderstand your post. I wasn't signaling you out...if I wanted to do that I would have simply quoted one of your many posts w/spelling and or grammatical errors...btw, it's fair, not fare.

pot..kettle
how very mature of you :rolleyes:

regardless, I apologize that your inability to form completely coherent sentences might have caused me to misunderstand your post. I wasn't signaling you out...if I wanted to do that I would have simply quoted one of your many posts w/spelling and or grammatical errors...btw, it's fair, not fare.

I know. I caught my own mistake right after I posted that. I could have edited my post, but I didn't. It's no biggie. I'm not perfect. Mi spelllingg errer obiviouusly dident cause U to misundurstanddd me. You just assumed something else & replied before reading what I replied to. Anything else Mrs. Applebee?

If competitive cheer had more credibility as a sport it would get more time on ESPN. It doesnt, so it won't. JMO

I disagree, I mean look at how much time they give to the national spelling bee every year and that is not even close to beign a sport. ESPN- Entertainment and Sports Programming network. Cheer is very entertaining to a lot of people. I'm not saying it needs to be prime time or anything, I would be happy if they showed it at 1 am if that means it would be longer than 1 hour. But I'm sure it could get enough viewers, and cable boxes Tivoing or Dvring, to knock poker off the tv for a few nights.

I disagree, I mean look at how much time they give to the national spelling bee every year and that is not even close to beign a sport. ESPN- Entertainment and Sports Programming network. Cheer is very entertaining to a lot of people. I'm not saying it needs to be prime time or anything, I would be happy if they showed it at 1 am if that means it would be longer than 1 hour. But I'm sure it could get enough viewers, and cable boxes Tivoing or Dvring, to knock poker off the tv for a few nights.

I understand your disagreement and it is the same personal opinion of many.

But regardless, even the National Spelling Bee and poker have a single clear set of rules and governing bodies to enforce their rules uniformly. The sport of Cheer has not yet chosen to go that route. . .therefore no credibility

I, like many others feel the coverage, even if only kept at an hour, could have been done much better. I'm curious as to how much time and cost they actually put into it. Makes me kind of wonder if its a case of dangling the carrot, and it's Disney's way of justifying keeping Worlds there, because they can offer ESPN coverage(read: ESPN COVERAGE!!!). Obviously NCA is still covered on tv, so not having Worlds at Disney doesn't mean possible coverage automatically goes away. But at the same time, Fox Sports is certainly not ESPN as far as network status.

That is my big question for those who want more coverage. Would people rather get more coverage and be on FSN or stick with the hour and stay with ESPN? I just don't see ESPN budging anytime soon with the hour they give. FSN gives more air time but doesn't have the prestiege that ESPN does.

That is my big question for those who want more coverage. Would people rather get more coverage and be on FSN or stick with the hour and stay with ESPN? I just don't see ESPN budging anytime soon with the hour they give. FSN gives more air time but doesn't have the prestiege that ESPN does.
I just think ALL Worlds divisions should be aired, I don't care where its aired. Heck it can be a youtube channel, chances are ALL cheer geeks will find it (or just ONE and post it here ;)

I just think ALL Worlds divisions should be aired, I don't care where its aired. Heck it can be a youtube channel, chances are ALL cheer geeks will find it (or just ONE and post it here ;)

They were all on the VOD.

I understand your disagreement and it is the same personal opinion of many.

But regardless, even the National Spelling Bee and poker have a single clear set of rules and governing bodies to enforce their rules uniformly. The sport of Cheer has not yet chosen to go that route. . .therefore no credibility

EXACTLY!!! I agree with you 1000%% on that Shark Dad!!! We have come along way, but still have further to go!

Back