All-Star *worlds Predictions(lrg Sr 5 Division 2010)*

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love stars , trying not to be biased I think they hit the score sheet best. And they make my jaw drop!
Of course SE is amazing too , its gonna be a fight for sure!

SR Elites routine is packed with difficulty, as is STARS. Difficulty is one thing, but execution in form, timing, body positions in the air, and in tumbling, have an overall better effect on the scoresheet! I feel that STARS have the best combination of OVERALL difficulty/execution/showmanship/and style! SR Elite's standing tumbling is ridiculous this year, much improved from previous years-and is just about the best in the division, so far?? The rest of their routine is much like previous years-nothing bad or wrong with it, but just not where it needs to be!! Okay everyone grease their hips and jump down my throat now!

JUSTICE said:
SR Elites routine is packed with difficulty, as is STARS. Difficulty is one thing, but execution in form, timing, body positions in the air, and in tumbling, have an overall better effect on the scoresheet! I feel that STARS have the best combination of OVERALL difficulty/execution/showmanship/and style! SR Elite's standing tumbling is ridiculous this year, much improved from previous years-and is just about the best in the division, so far?? The rest of their routine is much like previous years-nothing bad or wrong with it, but just not where it needs to be!! Okay everyone grease their hips and jump down my throat now!

What part of the routine do you feel is not where it needs to be? Beef up stunts, pyramid, dance? This is not a jump down your throat post just curious! :)

SE07BH said:
JUSTICE said:

What part of the routine do you feel is not where it needs to be? Beef up stunts, pyramid, dance? This is not a jump down your throat post just curious! :)

I think they just mean that it almost like cea is doing too much and stars is doing exactly what they need to do to get the points they need and make it sharp....dont get me wrong cea is amazing but i just feel like a lot of their doubles are sloppy and their routine isnt executed as well as stars......but i guess we will see at cheersport!

i would acctually say if everyone was to hit(which is possible at worlds yes)
1. CEA
2. F5
3. WC
4. Panthers
5. FCA
this is just as of now so things may change :)

worldofcheer10 said:
at first i was in love with CEA but once i saw a newer video of WC i was torn!
If all teams hit perfectly :
1.CEA/WC ( both very creative and entertaining)
2.CEA/WC( such a hard choice!)
3.F5<3 ( not a very visual routine compared to ^)
4.Panthers ( havnt seen much of them)
5.FCA( love thier music)

im confused on why people are saying desert storm in the top ten. in vegas they went against 9 small senior teams and i think placed 6? correct me if someone knows otherwise please. they were the only large who were put into the division.

they placed 4th and it was because they didnt hit the first day...their day 2 routine was wayyyyy better and i think was the highest score of the day or one of the highest? but since then they have cleaned up the routine and changed some stunting around. they just got a partial paid the other day too

No one believes me, but I am convinced that the scoresheets strongly favor the smaller teams for several reasons. I have seen MANY strong large teams get beat by small teams when you would have thought it would go a different way. (This has worked both for us and against us.)

1. Harder to get 32 out of 36 with a skill than 18 out of 20. MUCH harder to get 9 consistent stunts out of 36 than 5 out of 20. Sorry, it's true.
2. Fewer people with same level of sharpness = looks cleaner.
3. Large team can have the same percentage make mistakes, but will end up with much higher deductions.

SE07BH said:
JUSTICE said:

To start, I think there is way too much going on at times, such as the pyramid. Things get lost in all the commotion. Next I would say that the execution of skills in running tumbling is off, which kind of amazes me, since their standing tumbling is done so well. The dance...or lack there of, is entirely to short and can't compare to Star's dance or other dances in the division. And to end, I still have a hard time accepting the crossovers they use. With a program the size of CEA, I am hard pressed to believe that SE could not field a team in this division without using kids from their JR teams, and vise versa? Just my opinion though since you asked.

JUSTICE said:
And to end, I still have a hard time accepting the crossovers they use. With a program the size of CEA, I am hard pressed to believe that SE could not field a team in this division without using kids from their JR teams, and vise versa? Just my opinion though since you asked.

This weekend, if I could use the kids just in Kernersville from JE, Coed and SE, I could make an all girl team with 32 running doubles, most combination, 16 standing fulls, 24 one two three to doubles, improve the flyers with nine full groups with tic toc, 450 up to stretch, improve the 2nd stunt and make the pyramid harder. Have them ready in 4 weeks practicing 2 days a week. I could still field darn good JE and UCoed teams with the same pool of kids, and not even count the kids I could pull in from Raleigh if given free reign. No crossovers. That's if I could have my pick of the kids. You want to compete against that?

And I'm sure if Shooting Stars took the best from Lites and Odyssey they would probably have around those same numbers.

I really want CEA to win this year. Im getting sick of seeing WCSS winning worlds. I still love them, dont get me wrong. But i want to see someone else at the top this year. :)

HeyimA said:
And I'm sure if Shooting Stars took the best from Lites and Odyssey they would probably have around those same numbers.

Well, you use your power of persuasion with Elaine and Joelle, and I'll talk to the Popes and see if we can't get a rumble going in Orlando. Nothing would make me happier.

CaliThisTwistersThat said:
I really want CEA to win this year. Im getting sick of seeing WCSS winning worlds. I still love them, dont get me wrong. But i want to see someone else at the top this year. :)

It's strange that you say "I'm sick of seeing WCSS winning worlds"? And the next sentence is "I still love them"????? Regardless of what team you like, wouldn't you want the team that the judges felt should win, to hold the title?? Yeah everyone loves an underdog to come in and take the top spot, but with all things being equal, don't you think the team that performs the best on that given day, deserves to be named a World Champion?? Who knows what will happen this year, but I would like to think that anyone that has any knowledge about this sport, would want the team that puts on the best performance, to be awarded accordingly!! After seeing the most recent video of F5 (which i viewed to be Stars biggest competitor, along with SE) I still think that Stars have the advantage with difficulty and execution! JMO though

Back