All-Star Illegal Elements (just To Raise Awareness)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Saw in running tumbling an Arabian thru to Full on a restricted team at a competition. Pass was simply text book perfect. And Illegal.

For the record he most common rules reported this season, through the end of November are:

L1 - Pyramids C
L2 - Pyramids E1 & Stunts L1
L3 - Pyramids E1, Pyramids F2, and Running Tumbling B
L4 - Stunts J4 & Stunts K2
L5 - Pyramids E1

We'll post more about each of these later.

Do you think some of the coments made by DJ in defense of your program were appropriate?
Susan, I just saw your text message - however, I do not think that the things I have said in defense of Cheer Extreme have been in-appropriate - I do however, find your own personal opinion of a program to be affecting your words and actions. Thank-you for your concern, but my activeness on this thread is merely to counter the one-sided attacks that imrichhowboutu and wcdad continue to drum up because of their own personal vendettas. (No one can deny that they are not un-biased)

For the record he most common rules reported this season, through the end of November are:

L1 - Pyramids C
L5 - Pyramids E1

Lots of pyramid issues. Any idea why that sees to be a problem area? So many skills in a short period of time?

Susan, I just saw your text message - however, I do not think that the things I have said in defense of Cheer Extreme have been in-appropriate - I do however, find your own personal opinion of a program to be affecting your words and actions. Thank-you for your concern, but my activeness on this thread is merely to counter the one-sided attacks that imrichhowboutu and wcdad continue to drum up because of their own personal vendettas. (No one can deny that they are not un-biased)

That sounds like the DJ I love! I disagree but I love how you wrote it! Talk to you soon.

That sounds like the DJ I love! I disagree but I love how you wrote it! Talk to you soon.
I wish you would own up to what you just texted about me, you don't agree with those who I was attacking on here - but wish, I wouldn't have done it on a public forum (for my own sake). Talk to you soon.

Because meanj/DJ and I have been friends for a long time I wanted to clarify since he was upset with my comment. I do not believe in the nasty bickering type comments from either side that evolve from these threads and told him that he was too good of a guy to type things like that.

Now back to the other topics.....I am curious about those pyramids.

If Courtney is fully aware of the rules, which I'm sure she is, just as I'm also sure there is some reason for CEA competing the skills they are currently, and a plan for the rest of the season, why would anyone email Courtney? The point of the majority of this thread, as I read it, is to draw attention to the fact that a downward inversion that is caught in an inverted position is illegal (and I feel comfortable saying that definitively, just as I feel comfortable saying that is what happened in the video) and I fully believe that Coed Elite will be fine and have a legal routine for their major competitions, so I really don't see what purpose sending an email directly to courtney would serve, I DO see the point in making sure the cheer community is aware of the illegality and the potential safety hazard of a human being traveling towards the ground, head first, from a height of 7-10 ft

L1 - Pyramids C
L5 - Pyramids E1

I just reviewed the level 3 rules (just in case) and I notice that pyramid inversions must be braced by a base on the ground and that base may extend their arms as long as the inversion begins and ends at or below prep level (please excuse any errors in my wording, I'm going from memory) but for stunt inversions the connection must be at prep level or below... Am I reading/remembering something wrong? Is there a reason for the difference? Maybe it just is what it is?

This
If Courtney is fully aware of the rules, which I'm sure she is, just as I'm also sure there is some reason for CEA competing the skills they are currently, and a plan for the rest of the season, why would anyone email Courtney? The point of the majority of this thread, as I read it, is to draw attention to the fact that a downward inversion that is caught in an inverted position is illegal (and I feel comfortable saying that definitively, just as I feel comfortable saying that is what happened in the video) and I fully believe that Coed Elite will be fine and have a legal routine for their major competitions, so I really don't see what purpose sending an email directly to courtney would serve, I DO see the point in making sure the cheer community is aware of the illegality and the potential safety hazard of a human being traveling towards the ground, head first, from a height of 7-10 ft
This was my only point in creating this thread. Any team's video could be posted at any time. There are multiple coaches on this board that read through threads and can learn from what other teams are doing correctly or incorrectly. Les has created a youtube channel that demonstrates illegalities which utilizes teams like TopGun for demonstration. This is just another example, not a direct attempt to call out a specific program. If Rays would have competed something illegal, I would have posted that.

If Courtney is fully aware of the rules, which I'm sure she is, just as I'm also sure there is some reason for CEA competing the skills they are currently, and a plan for the rest of the season, why would anyone email Courtney?

Because, "email Courtney" is the required response from anyone who affiliates themselves with cea. Anytime there is anything is said that could be construed as negative, the world is told to: Email Courtney.

I'm curious though, whenever I see a positive comment regarding cea, no one says to: Email Courtney.

You know whats crazy? The Cheer Evolution or whatever the name of this in house competition where the Coed Elite video is from was apparently judged by trained judges! Who also gave feedback. Who also probably had the knowledge that that inversion was illegal. Who also probably gave Courtney the courtesy of informing her that it is illegal...assuming she didn't already know. Its also crazy that in like 3 or 4 days COED Elite is going to compete...in a competition...for a Worlds Bid...and we will all be able to see first hand (or watch videos) and see what became of this inversion.

You know whats crazy? The Cheer Evolution or whatever the name of this in house competition where the Coed Elite video is from was apparently judged by trained judges! Who also gave feedback. Who also probably had the knowledge that that inversion was illegal. Who also probably gave Courtney the courtesy of informing her that it is illegal...assuming she didn't already know. Its also crazy that in like 3 or 4 days COED Elite is going to compete...in a competition...for a Worlds Bid...and we will all be able to see first hand (or watch videos) and see what became of this inversion.

I am not sure why that is crazy.

Back