All-Star Instagram Problem Re: Cheerlebrity Fanfic

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think the problem is that for a lot of these kids, cheerlebrities are not "real" people. They do not view them just as other teens with normal lives outside of cheer and as having feelings, so when writing fanfic about them and using them as "characters" it does not occur to them how it might be perceived by the readers who are aware that these are real kids. Also based on the way everyone is discussing how terrible the writing and grammar is it leads me to believe this is a younger kid with overall poor judgement in general (being that she actually put something so unreadable on the internet). Hopefully after reading all of the above comments she will have gained some perspective on what she did and not repeat her actions.

Not to mention the content was trying to be 'mature' but her maturity seems to be lacking for someone in high school (according to her personal account). It's kind of frightening that was produced by some one whose about to bean adult. That falls on parenting a little I'm sure.

Someone directed me to one where Jamie's mother stabs her.... I just don't understand. I won't post the username here, but if anyone wants it feel free to DM me.

Someone directed me to one where Jamie's mother stabs her.... I just don't understand. I won't post the username here, but if anyone wants it feel free to DM me.

I talked a little about that one earlier. I said her mother abuses her, which she did in the story.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

I talked a little about that one earlier. I said her mother abuses her, which she did in the story.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board
I didn't read the whole thing so I don't think I read that part. I just assumed they were 2 separate ones.

...I hope those writing these 'fan fictions' realize that some people may take these seriously and end up getting said athletes parents in a lot of trouble. Also what would compel you to want to write stories about these KIDS getting abused by their parents in the first place? What is it about culture that finds these topics like abuse, murder, and sex so fascinating?

...I hope those writing these 'fan fictions' realize that some people may take these seriously and end up getting said athletes parents in a lot of trouble. Also what would compel you to want to write stories about these KIDS getting abused by their parents in the first place? What is it about culture that finds these topics like abuse, murder, and sex so fascinating?
I went digging and found one where one male athlete abuses his female girlfriend. It's just..upsetting. Like how do you deal with adding that into your real-life relationship? I can't even imagine!

I think the problem is that for a lot of these kids, cheerlebrities are not "real" people. They do not view them just as other teens with normal lives outside of cheer and as having feelings, so when writing fanfic about them and using them as "characters" it does not occur to them how it might be perceived by the readers who are aware that these are real kids. Also based on the way everyone is discussing how terrible the writing and grammar is it leads me to believe this is a younger kid with overall poor judgement in general (being that she actually put something so unreadable on the internet). Hopefully after reading all of the above comments she will have gained some perspective on what she did and not repeat her actions.
I think I saw in one of her non-fanfic posts she's 16.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone

If you just search "ca_fanfics" like 5 Instagram accounts just about fanfics about CA athletes come up. I scanned through a few, nothing to crazy (like people getting abused or sex scandals or whatever) but I just skimmed through a few real quick. I was unaware cheer fanfics were so popular...

I went digging and found one where one male athlete abuses his female girlfriend. It's just..upsetting. Like how do you deal with adding that into your real-life relationship? I can't even imagine!
i really do find it quite disturbing to be honest, i just do not understand the idea behind glamorizing something that is so serious. its like when everybody found out about the chris brown hitting rhianna and laughing it off and saying "hes hot so its perfectly okay" like uh no, sorry it is not okay to be abused by anybody in any matter whether it be physical or verbal or whatever else. i find people just think to lightly about certain situations and need to think into deeper context about what theyre doing or saying in a public setting.

and i really still do not find the appeal in fan fiction, its really rather odd.. maybe thats cause im not a writer :rolleyes:

i really do find it quite disturbing to be honest, i just do not understand the idea behind glamorizing something that is so serious. its like when everybody found out about the chris brown hitting rhianna and laughing it off and saying "hes hot so its perfectly okay" like uh no, sorry it is not okay to be abused by anybody in any matter whether it be physical or verbal or whatever else. i find people just think to lightly about certain situations and need to think into deeper context about what theyre doing or saying in a public setting.

and i really still do not find the appeal in fan fiction, its really rather odd.. maybe thats cause im not a writer :rolleyes:
Fanfiction is nice because you don't need to worry about taking extra time to get through character descriptions/setup. Assuming everything is In Character, you can go off of assumed character traits. So let's say you're reading a Harry Potter Fanfiction. You already know what those characters look like, what they act like, etc so you don't have to worry about the same acclimation as you would with a new story (like when I was reading GoT- that acclimation was ATROCIOUS). Assuming it's well written (and most of the ones I've dealt with are), you can actually get some pretty interesting stories and concepts. I liked Harry Potter- so you had the magical component that made things cooler ('cause magic makes everything cool).

I love to read, so it's like my favorite stories could continue on indefinitely (in theory).

Fanfiction is nice because you don't need to worry about taking extra time to get through character descriptions/setup. Assuming everything is In Character, you can go off of assumed character traits. So let's say you're reading a Harry Potter Fanfiction. You already know what those characters look like, what they act like, etc so you don't have to worry about the same acclimation as you would with a new story (like when I was reading GoT- that acclimation was ATROCIOUS). Assuming it's well written (and most of the ones I've dealt with are), you can actually get some pretty interesting stories and concepts. I liked Harry Potter- so you had the magical component that made things cooler ('cause magic makes everything cool).

I love to read, so it's like my favorite stories could continue on indefinitely (in theory).

And in some cases the storyline is 100% original and unrelated to the the fandom, it just uses the characters.

Back