All-Star Large Senior Updates 2010

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheer Athletics did drop a stunt and F5 only bobbled, so there must have been other elements that provided more points in CA's routine to overcome that. I just read this thread, and while F5 is my allegiance, I give credit to:

Sr Elite - they had a "moment" as Simon Cowell says on Idol
World Cup - they were the ones who hit Day 2 - this is a mark of a champion
Marlins - wow - I was so impressed Day One - they achieved so much this year and I appreciate their excitement over their accomplisments
F5 - As always - so entertaining and so much tumbling skill - always a crowd pleaser and always has a "buzz" - maybe they will have their "moment" next year!

Ok thanks- Thought F5 would have placed better than 4th. Didn't Cheer Athletics drop a stunt also???

I don't actually think it was a true "drop" cause she never actually touched the ground or even really collapsed. She finished the stunt so I thought it would be scored more like a major bobble. I could be wrong though

I think stars should attend jamfest again because they won worlds like every year that they went there !
and it makes me able to watch their greatnesss !

A voice of reason

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Sorry, I meant to quote PghxCheer2's "you all need to be judges" post.

Seem to be a lot here. I recommend everyone download a scoresheet, read it, then compare routines.

Really people, you love to hate? Xtreme WON, who can be surprised at that...they were ahhhhmazing. WC and Cheer Athletics amazing as well. F5 living up to their name. The rest of the best have been battling it out all year at comps all over with scores so close it was frustrating. The entire division was a battlefield and every girl gave it their all. Time to load those guns and ammo up for next year. Good luck to all and let's see who can bring it to the mat at Worlds 11. You can't change the past so get to work to make a mark in the future!

I don't actually think it was a true "drop" cause she never actually touched the ground or even really collapsed. She finished the stunt so I thought it would be scored more like a major bobble. I could be wrong though

Correct, Panthers did not drop a stunt in finals, they bobbled it and so did F5.

I thought this was a pretty darn good thread. That said, the kids at CEA and SE specifically are very, very happy and relieved they won the gold. However, it was all about winning and nothing about beating any other team or program. As Meghan has said, virtually every athlete and staff member from all the gyms has been nothing but gracious at the time and since the competition, and with Facebook and texting they all seem to talk a lot. That said, there was a lot of talk about getting together with the other teams in the division this summer for camps, and I think that would be great for the division and the industry. Familiarity promotes respect, and also removes the sometimes insidious effects of rumor, gossip, innuendo and the general effect of "fan speak".

I think the right team won....both teams are AWESOME...from watching the videos..I felt like CEA nailed it (aside from that stunt) Stars tumbling looked a little off...their tosses and jumps as well...again they are an incredible team with amazing talent..for some reason this year I was just not a big fan of this routine..It didnt wow me like the CEA routine did....I'm sure its hard to come in second when you have been first for three years but this is worlds....and even second is an amazing accomplishment!!! As far as those in the wc corner who think CEA shouldn't have won b/c of that fall, how about the jr division --3rd place no fall ;)

From what I saw, Tsunami was very happy and thrilled to be Top 5 at Worlds and crying tears of joy. They had great performances both days. For everyone who said Tsunami would never make it, looks like you didn't see what others saw. I heard they had two goals and they met them both. So Tsunami, you are the best ... you came to win ... and you took the victory of shining at Worlds in the Top 5. Go Tsu Tsu, WE LOVE YOU!

Yes congrats on top 5. Even if you came to win and didn't break the big 4. Hold your heads up. Good luck next year.

Back