All-Star Mid Atlantic Cheer--wildwood, Nj 3/5-3/6

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Actually 5 on Level 5.
It's now 5 on level 5, the first three that left were as follows: 1 on restricted 5 and 2 on level 4, this year those 3 have moved to 2 on restricted 5, the other on 5. The two newer ones that left went straight to 5 and never hid the fact the their end goal was to cheer at wc. And by the way, we are all still friends with them!

It's now 5 on level 5, the first three that left were as follows: 1 on restricted 5 and 2 on level 4, this year those 3 have moved to 2 on restricted 5, the other on 5. The two newer ones that left went straight to 5 and never hid the fact the their end goal was to cheer at wc. And by the way, we are all still friends with them!
As it should be.

I know you don't like to read bad things about your gym (I wouldn't either) but everything that has been posted to some degree is true. As long as you and your cp are happy there, then that is all that matters.

As it should be.

I know you don't like to read bad things about your gym (I wouldn't either) but everything that has been posted to some degree is true. As long as you and your cp are happy there, then that is all that matters.
Yes whether true or not. I'm not starting another argument please. It hurts tremendously to see your gym always under scrutiny or called out on here. When there are clearly better and positive things that can be said. I do realize that the EP and/or event is where discussion was started , and maybe I should have left it alone, but as a parent I just couldn't. And I hope other parents would do the same.

Yes whether true or not. I'm not starting another argument please. It hurts tremendously to see your gym always under scrutiny or called out on here. When there are clearly better and positive things that can be said. I do realize that the EP and/or event is where discussion was started , and maybe I should have left it alone, but as a parent I just couldn't. And I hope other parents would do the same.
I imagine it does hurt when so many people say these things. Perhaps stepping away from the boards until the end of the season might be a good thing. It might make you feel better and give you some perspective to think about everything that has been said here. There are a LOT of experienced, intelligent, well meaning opinions on here and they cannot all be wrong. Whether you choose to take that information into account is up to you. This is a message board and people are going to post their opinions of your gym, the comp, and the results. It isn't always going to be nice or even grammatically correct (I couldn't resist :p). Please know that EVERY team has injuries (LOTS OF INJURIES), but as our coach told us this year.."We don't get to go to the judges and let them know about our fill ins/ injuries etc before we compete. We are judged on what we put on the floor. Know that every team is dealing the with exact same things." It is how a gym reacts and moves forward that determines how this all plays into their season.

This thread cracks me up. Cheer Tech scoring has always been questionable for some divisions however there was only 1 division this weekend that made me scratch my head (which was favorable for my program by the way) and it wasn't even a level 5 division so I am sure no one really cared.

I'm sorry but if you don't like AND you bash it at every chance you get BUT but you continue to go, who looks crazy?? The people who wrote the posts on ASAG were making fools of them selves last night after the competition instead of handling their concerns in a professional manner. I think Spirit Brands/Cheer Tech will always have some issues for people to complain about (including us privately) however as with any business if you don't like it, don't attend!!!

Both teams that got the full paid bids and the at large were fantastic!

You are correct. There was even some shuffling of the bids as some teams moved up or down after day 2 which sometimes doesn't happen for various reasons, but yesterday it made the fight for those 4 AL bids exciting.

And I must say the sportsmanship exhibited between Fab 5 and Big Bang was pretty cool to see.

This thread cracks me up. Cheer Tech scoring has always been questionable for some divisions however there was only 1 division this weekend that made me scratch my head (which was favorable for my program by the way) and it wasn't even a level 5 division so I am sure no one really cared.

I'm sorry but if you don't like AND you bash it at every chance you get BUT but you continue to go, who looks crazy?? The people who wrote the posts on ASAG were making fools of them selves last night after the competition instead of handling their concerns in a professional manner. I think Spirit Brands/Cheer Tech will always have some issues for people to complain about (including us privately) however as with any business if you don't like it, don't attend!!!

Can you share what was being said on the ASAG without disclosing the coach's names or program?

Can you share what was being said on the ASAG without disclosing the coach's names or program?

The rules for the ASGA group are similar to those of the parent board over here - don't share anything outside of the group.
It wasn't much different from the posts over here though - just from the coaches/gym owner perspective.

I agree with you for the teams who got the full paid bids! They were phenomenal!! I also enjoyed State Allstars IOC5 they were very entertaining to watch.

The 2 State teams had 2 days of solid performances. I was happy to see Valley Elite Big Red get a bid as we have some friends on that team.

As far as Island Xtreme - Injuries at this point in the season are very common and they made the best of a rough situation this weekend. I hope those injured athletes get healthy as soon as they can and get back on the floor.

Finally, I can't say enough about Fab 5 and the performance they put on this weekend. They stole the show for me yesterday.

For two day comps is it customary to offer a 2 day pass at a slightly discounted fee?

The few 2 day comps I've attended have offered a 2 day pass, well with the exception of this past weekend Midatlantic Nationals was $20 per day. Kids 5 and under were free... everyone else $20, yep kids 6 an older $20. I can understand if it were a big national event with dozens of Worlds teams but really.... $40 to watch my kid perform plus $6 per day to park. $52.00 for a small event was highway robbery.

For two day comps is it customary to offer a 2 day pass at a slightly discounted fee?

The few 2 day comps I've attended have offered a 2 day pass, well with the exception of this past weekend Midatlantic Nationals was $20 per day. Kids 5 and under were free... everyone else $20, yep kids 6 an older $20. I can understand if it were a big national event with dozens of Worlds teams but really.... $40 to watch my kid perform plus $6 per day to park. $52.00 for a small event was highway robbery.
Typically yes. Nothing about this comp surprises me though.

Back