All-Star Mid Atlantic Cheer--wildwood, Nj 3/5-3/6

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For two day comps is it customary to offer a 2 day pass at a slightly discounted fee?

The few 2 day comps I've attended have offered a 2 day pass, well with the exception of this past weekend Midatlantic Nationals was $20 per day. Kids 5 and under were free... everyone else $20, yep kids 6 an older $20. I can understand if it were a big national event with dozens of Worlds teams but really.... $40 to watch my kid perform plus $6 per day to park. $52.00 for a small event was highway robbery.

They have to pay for those bids somehow. Unfortunately that is called passing the cost along to the consumer. I do agree though, the price of admission + parking at a convention center at a beach town in the offseason is a little steep. And you are correct most 2 day comps we attend would knock off a few bucks if you buy a 2 day pass.

They have to pay for those bids somehow. Unfortunately that is called passing the cost along to the consumer. I do agree though, the price of admission + parking at a convention center at a beach town in the offseason is a little steep. And you are correct most 2 day comps we attend would knock off a few bucks if you buy a 2 day pass.

I hope we never attend this event again. In my opinion it was too costly especially being a "stay to play". It was the most expensive weekend of cheer I can recall in a long time for a very mediocre event. I wouldn't complain one bit had I spent this type of money for an NCA or Cheersport type event.

I hope we never attend this event again. In my opinion it was too costly especially being a "stay to play". It was the most expensive weekend of cheer I can recall in a long time for a very mediocre event. I wouldn't complain one bit had I spent this type of money for an NCA or Cheersport type event.
Where the heck did you stay????

Go to page 2 of this thread

Hmm...missed that somehow. I was there this weekend but we booked our own accommodations (rented a condo). Not expensive at all...didn't realize that an extra $25 was rolled into our competition fee...

I do not for the life of me understand the $20.00 per day admission fee. The $6.00 parking is fair especially considering you can come in and out as you please.

For two day comps is it customary to offer a 2 day pass at a slightly discounted fee?

The few 2 day comps I've attended have offered a 2 day pass, well with the exception of this past weekend Midatlantic Nationals was $20 per day. Kids 5 and under were free... everyone else $20, yep kids 6 an older $20. I can understand if it were a big national event with dozens of Worlds teams but really.... $40 to watch my kid perform plus $6 per day to park. $52.00 for a small event was highway robbery.

It's now 5 on level 5, the first three that left were as follows: 1 on restricted 5 and 2 on level 4, this year those 3 have moved to 2 on restricted 5, the other on 5. The two newer ones that left went straight to 5 and never hid the fact the their end goal was to cheer at wc. And by the way, we are all still friends with them!

To me it has no reflection on a gym if CP's and their parents chose to leave a smaller gym and travel the extra miles and pay the extra money for the big gyms . That's what makes them better bc they have athletes from all over . These LI girls aren't the only ones to travel so far to cheer ! I am pretty sure they started at those small gyms and learned their skills from those coaches before hitting WC! A shame LI gyms can't come together ! They could be a force to be reckoned with ! But it all comes down to $$

To me it has no reflection on a gym if CP's and their parents chose to leave a smaller gym and travel the extra miles and pay the extra money for the big gyms . That's what makes them better bc they have athletes from all over . These LI girls aren't the only ones to travel so far to cheer ! I am pretty sure they started at those small gyms and learned their skills from those coaches before hitting WC! A shame LI gyms can't come together ! They could be a force to be reckoned with ! But it all comes down to $$
Athletes haven't just left to go to WC....there are at least 8 that have changed to other local gyms in the past year.

Last edited:
But what is a reflection on a gym is when they have lost a great number of athletes, not only from season to season, but within a season itself.

Look, I can't changed what you believe. You can continue to make excuses for their behavior. But please, for all that is holy, if you do know these people personally, a little tough love is in order here. From the EP to the Gym Owner.

"The blindest man is the one who does not want to see"

Athletes haven't just left to go to WC....there are at least 6 that have changed to another local gym in the past year.
True! Not to mention those that have simply quit because they're done with cheer based on their experience there. The amount of pms I've received since last competition is mind blowing.

True! Not to mention those that have simply quit because they're done with cheer based on their experience there. The amount of pms I've received since last competition is mind blowing.
So your gym should be growing next season?

**we can be friends if you like dogs**

So your gym should be growing next season?

**we can be friends if you like dogs**

As a matter of fact, yes. We had one year where we did go down in numbers. (Had a large amount of kids graduate, that had been part of the program for years.) Isnt it about growing a program? You support your youngest athletes, their skills and abilities, and foster loyalty to the program itself?

When a program is consistently losing athletes it needs to question if something is going on.

One year, the gym my nieces attend, refused to acknowledge complaints against a specific coach. It really did cost them some great athletes. They learned their lesson the hard way.

But what is a reflection on a gym is when they have lost a great number of athletes, not only from season to season, but within a season itself.

Look, I can't changed what you believe. You can continue to make excuses for their behavior. But please, for all that is holy, if you do know these people personally, a little tough love is in order here. From the EP to the Gym Owner.

"The blindest man is the one who does not want to see"

This is my last post on the subject . Trust me the IX gym owner /coaches have way more integrity then a certain other gym on LI . I know that one first hand so don't try to tell me I have a blind eye bc that coach has truly blind followers. I could go into detail but to be honest it's not worth it . Best of Luck

Back