All-Star Olympic Trials - Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ugh I'm so upset I'm going to be missing this. Stupid Bermuda cruise getting in my way :rolleyes: (#firstworldproblems) I'm hoping there's wifi or something so I can watch, but if not, my phone's twitter app will be getting put to good use!! I have tapatalk too so AerialsAllstars_Ash , feel free to post live updates on Sunday!!!

Enough ranting, I'm very excited/nervous to see how this turns out. Gymnastike has all the podium training videos up and I'm going to be spending my day watching those I think. I'm sure I've read this, but are they announcing the team immediately following finals or are they going back to deliberate some more and announcing later?

Gymnastike has all the podium training videos up and I'm going to be spending my day watching those I think.

I watched some of them this morning. Obviously they are just casually practicing, but Nastia looks a lot better. Still a little nervous about the bar transition, but overall it's a lot better and could be even better in a few more weeks. Douglas looked great on floor-she is flying on those passes. ASac looks solid on beam, but I don't think it's going to be enough for her. Maybe if they don't take Nastia and need some leadership, but I don't think she's going to contribute enough.

The comment under Aly's beam podium video:

It's hard to see everything that's wrong with gymnastics manifested in one person.

Don't get me wrong, she's solid as a rock. Her gymnastics is far from pretty, however. (That beam routine was not cute) And that will be her biggest downfall. Shawn Johnson was solid and a hard hitter, but she still maintained a bit of grace when she performed. Aly needs polishing. Still. Which at this stage of the game, she shouldn't. I think she's such a cutie, though, and I want her to do well and look PRETTY.

The comment under Aly's beam podium video:

It's hard to see everything that's wrong with gymnastics manifested in one person.
I'm surprised this wasn't written under Rebecca Bross's routines.....She's about the least graceful gymnast I've ever seen:confused: AND she's still doing that stupid beam dismount that she never lands or has to squat practically to the floor the few times she has.

I'm surprised this wasn't written under Rebecca Bross's routines.....She's about the least graceful gymnast I've ever seen:confused: AND she's still doing that stupid beam dismount that she never lands or has to squat practically to the floor the few times she has.
This! Seriously though why don't they have her do a different dismount?

I think shes still doing this dismount because its the hardest in gymnastics... when she lands it... her score will be high... its a risk worth taking in her case... she needs something that will stand out to marta... this will... her chances are 50/50 so i think her taking this risk and keep pushing for that dismount is the right decision...

plus theres still 3 weeks after this... if she lands it this weekend... it gives marta something to smile about in her case... shes solid on bars and a good beam routine... shes pretty consistent apart from that dismount... shes got a good chance honestly.

I think shes still doing this dismount because its the hardest in gymnastics... when she lands it... her score will be high... its a risk worth taking in her case... she needs something that will stand out to marta... this will... her chances are 50/50 so i think her taking this risk and keep pushing for that dismount is the right decision...
Marta also is looking for consistency though and Bross never hits it in competition. I understand why she'd be pushing to do the dismount, but the deduction for falling on her butt surely counteracts the difficulty boost on her score and shows Marta that she can't do it when it counts, so why pick her? Especially when she isn't particularly graceful......the international judges don't take strongly to that.

Back