All-Star Punishments/sanctions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm so done with all this pussyfooting around. Everyone knows something happened (personally and professionally). The longer ya'll pretend "it's really not that bad"...the worse it gets. Why would you want to drag anyone down farther then they have to go?

I'm so done with all this pussyfooting around. Everyone knows something happened. The longer ya'll pretend "it's really not that bad"...the worse it gets. Why would you want to drag anyone down farther then they have to go?

Nobody is pretending it's not really that bad. Everybody is either in bed by now, or not talking because the thread got out of hand earlier. Not to mention there was already confirmation that there was an illegal athlete on the floor that day, and CEA took care of their business with USASF. I don't think many people are interested in splashing the rest of the allegations openly across the board.

Nobody is pretending it's not really that bad. Everybody is either in bed by now, or not talking because the thread got out of hand earlier. Not to mention there was already confirmation that there was an illegal athlete on the floor that day, and CEA took care of their business with USASF. I don't think many people are interested in splashing the rest of the allegations openly across the board.
Doesn't matter. Penalize who needs to be penalized and be done with it. I've heard story after story, truths, lies, excuses....WHATEVER! Who cares! Cheating happened, no ones denying. Pretty simple answer to the problem to me, PENALIZE! But it seems since this involves such a big organization and CheerSport.......everyone wants to make excuses........

Doesn't matter. Penalize who needs to be penalized and be done with it. I've heard story after story, truths, lies, excuses....WHATEVER! Who cares! Cheating happened, no ones denying. Pretty simple answer to the problem to me, PENALIZE! But it seems since this involves such a big organization and CheerSport.......everyone wants to make excuses........

To the best of my knowledge CEA was already assessed a financial penalty and it's been paid.

$1000....that'll teach 'em:rolleyes:

And I will agree, $1000 is a drop in the bucket for them. Just because it is a big gym that was caught on this go round, doesn't mean that it will be a big gym next time. I am sure USASF isn't in the business of bankrupting small gyms. They have to dish the same penalty to everyone from here on out, as this has set the precedent.

I do agree that it's a slap on the wrist. Is it forgiven and forgotten now? What do you think should happen?
Well, I'm a "rule follower" type of person, so mine would be harsh. But, I think the offending organization should not be allowed to participate in any competitions as contenders....exhibition only. And as for CheerSport, they should be stripped of given ANY bids.

And I will agree, $1000 is a drop in the bucket for them. Just because it is a big gym that was caught on this go round, doesn't mean that it will be a big gym next time. I am sure USASF isn't in the business of bankrupting small gyms. They have to dish the same penalty to everyone from here on out, as this has set the precedent.

I know it sounds cynical but what will probably happen that the "next" time the book will be thrown at the offending "who the heck are they anyway" program to make an example out of them. Chances are it wont be anyone that has a humongous following of people to support them.

I know it sounds cynical but what will probably happen that the "next" time the book will be thrown at the offending "who the heck are they anyway" program to make an example out of them. Chances are it wont be anyone that has a humongous following of people to support them.
And you would be right, no one will care. Make the rules we all are "supposed" to play by clear and concise, and we all win. NO FAVORS! NO GRAY AREAS! Why is it so hard? And, why do people think they won't ever get caught cheating? Very, very, very rarely do you get away with it.

I think this serves as a lesson to everybody out there that the USASF isn't necessarily turning a blind eye anymore. I hope this is a turning point for the sport as a whole with regard to ethics.

Though I either missed it on the previous 20 pages about what level the 4 teams the athlete was on, it makes me wonder. This much uproar over non worlds teams and the need to cheat to win, you begin to wonder what is going on in the realm of the participants in the worlds arena. What is being covered up and what potentially could be going on - what results may be suspect. I mean think about the prestige and financial reward can be so enticing. One's imagination could run wild!

Well, I'm a "rule follower" type of person, so mine would be harsh. But, I think the offending organization should not be allowed to participate in any competitions as contenders....exhibition only. And as for CheerSport, they should be stripped of given ANY bids.

No competitions at all? Shut the gym down for a season, essentially. And when a smaller gym overlooks a rule, should the same happen to them?

The governing body of an organization sets the rules, and decides the punishments for infractions. If you do not have faith in cheers' governing body, work toward improving it. But it seems to me that right now, but you're beating a dead horse. My 2 pennies. Done.

To the best of my knowledge CEA was already assessed a financial penalty and it's been paid.

Yep. I found my way here.... all kinds of late. :D So is the $1000 going to be used to publicly apologize and to get jackets/trophies/banners to the teams who rightfully deserve them? Or are they just screwed because the huuuuge, harsh $1000 punishment (which for the record I'm an unemployed single mom and I could pay that) has been handed down and that makes it over? Sorry, I couldn't care less about 99.9% of this ridiculous thread (which I did read) but how does making them pay a fine (regardless of whether it's a drop in the bucket or a business ending amount) make it "fixed"? What about the other teams who should have won, and what would make someone (everyone) not do it again and again - surely winning Cheersport is worth paying $1000 for, at least for a lot of gyms I know!

(I only quoted you because it was the most concise version of what was posted a bunch of times)

***And for what it's worth, I was kinda missing cheer this week (hence my visit to the boards). Quite frankly after reading this thread I wouldn't put my kids back in allstar cheer if it was free.

But the good news is: with all this lying, cheating, rumored sex scandals, and letting the "big dogs" have different rules than the little.... You guys are well on your way to being a real sport!

Back