All-Star Redfining Positions In Stunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

With the grid I think you are going to get some repositioning on what is and what isn't smart. Think of it this way... just because you can do certain things in certain levels and you cannot do certain things in certain levels doesn't mean they are 'right'.

Some of the rules are in place basically because that is "the way it has been" more so than if it actually makes logical sense. Given the opportunity to "start fresh", some things would be very different than the way they are now.

BlueCat said:
Some of the rules are in place basically because that is "the way it has been" more so than if it actually makes logical sense. Given the opportunity to "start fresh", some things would be very different than the way they are now.

As well I can't imagine calling someone a spot who actively helps a stunt hit really works for when catastrophe happens.

I don't think that is generally a smart thing. I think have 3 on the ground for level 3 extended stunts makes sense. This is the first level where they can extend 1 leg stunts, so requiring 2 extra people does not seem irrational.

With my arrangement, you need 3 catchers for extended cradles in level 2 so the progression is only needing 2 for level 3. 1 leg extended and 2 leg extended are essentially the same, so why require different numbers of catchers? I think the safety of the cradle is in relation to the height not the grip or number of feet held. But I'm good with requiring 3 to catch twisting cradles

With my arrangement, you need 3 catchers for extended cradles in level 2 so the progression is only needing 2 for level 3. 1 leg extended and 2 leg extended are essentially the same, so why require different numbers of catchers? I think the safety of the cradle is in relation to the height not the grip or number of feet held. But I'm good with requiring 3 to catch twisting cradles

I HIGHLY disagree 1 leg extended and 2 leg extended are the same. Then we would just allow 1 leg extended in level 2... because its the same.

I should have been more clear, the cradles are essentially the same

that could be adjusted. if @BlueCat would make the spreadsheet viewable (not editable) might be able to show the evolution so far.

I love the idea I'd only have to read something like this once to completely understand what it means, the only issue I see is what about lv 1 and 2 pyramids they can do things that aren't addressed? but maybe it's supposed to be that way I don't know. But LOVE the idea!

I love the idea I'd only have to read something like this once to completely understand what it means, the only issue I see is what about lv 1 and 2 pyramids they can do things that aren't addressed? but maybe it's supposed to be that way I don't know. But LOVE the idea!

A grid for pyramids is a whole new project. That one is going to be much tougher to make simple and elegant.

A grid for pyramids is a whole new project. That one is going to be much tougher to make simple and elegant.

Im not sure pyramids could have a grid. I think the rules in pyramids would have to be additive.

So you are going to add clarifications and additions when describing transitions and various inversions/release moves?

Yes. There is simply no way to replace the whole set of rules with a few tables, unfortunately. There will need to be several clarifications/exceptions/etc. The goal is not to significantly change what is allowed, but to make the rules more efficient and easier to understand. Hopefully, easier rules would more likely be followed - leading to fewer injuries.

Done

Rules Proposal

I think I will pull each grid out to it's own spreadsheet so it doesn't get too cluttered.

This is still leaving a stunt that is currently legal at level 3 (single based Ext la stunt needs only 2 people on the ground) not legal until level 5

I'm in favor of the simplification by removing the difference of spotters and bases, but not in favor of using this to make the stunts more restrictive than they currently are
As well as a few other similar things

This is still leaving a stunt that is currently legal at level 3 (single based Ext la stunt needs only 2 people on the ground) not legal until level 5

I'm in favor of the simplification by removing the difference of spotters and bases, but not in favor of using this to make the stunts more restrictive than they currently are
As well as a few other similar things

The goal is not to simply match up the current rules with the grid, but to make it more efficient and easier to follow. Just because something is currently legal (or illegal) doesn't necessarily mean that it must stay that way.

The grid as is would also make some things legal that are currently NOT legal (Like the sturdiest "two man" grip without an additional spotter.) I think this will impact more situations than single based heel stretches on L3 or L4 teams.

Back