All-Star Shouldacouldawoulda

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 17, 2009
Alright, I'll be the devil and start the rant thread. It's all said and done and noone can change what happened today, but it's clear that the results might have been different if you were sitting on that judges panel. While being respectful, share some things that threw you off with results at worlds...

I'll start by sharing a few quit notes:
Sm sr:
  • I hate that PCM didn't make finals.
  • I thought Heat Athletics was AMAZING and should've finished higher.
Medium:
  • The results were just not what I predicted at all. Not sure if I would've put Aces ahead of Generals.
Lg Sr:
  • Totally pleased.
Sm Coed:
  • I'm pretty happy with these results.
Medium Coed:
  • As someone already mentioned, this division left a weird taste in my mouth. Much love for Spirit, but their win wasn't satisfying for me. Even more so than last year, I thought T&S was on FIRE.
Lg Coed:
  • Again, very pleased.

Something that bothered me about this weekend is the new Top Gun uniforms. Hear me out; I saw a lot of negativity thrown at Dream Allstars for having Braedan, the little boy who can tumble like no other, fly in the elite section. Now, would everyone have felt that way if they had a uniform similar to the new Top Gun leggings? He wouldn't stand out as much in the air. Thoughts? Or am I completely alone on thinking that those leggings could be good for allstar cheer? :p

I agree with heat...3 flawless routines. Too bad they didn't get to compete a 4th time then they would be tied with tsu's hitting four perfect last year.

Don't get me wrong- I love Heat. They (and GBE) repped Wisconsin like no other. I just didn't think they had the difficulty or "wow" factor that the teams in the top 4-5 had in that division. That division is a tough one, and they did a great job though!

I was about to reply to this poster's comment and as soon as I hit enter, the thread had been closed...so I guess I'll put it here since it seems appropriate...

Aw Jordan Fritts tweet :(
Jordan Fritts@jordanfritts16
I just want a worlds ring that is all

Feel sorry for coed elite and ssx them always come so close but never get that globe.

Great job Orange and Cheeetahs!

Those kids have worked so hard :( ....Coed Elite was really solid, but the Cheetahs are really sick I have to admit....Not gonna lie though, I'm surprised at how high one of the teams keeps scoring in this division considering there seems to be such a big emphasis placed on "boys being boys" lately and underemphasis on tumbling (something that attracts a majority of our boys to the sport) and what appears to be more of an emphasis on true coed style stunting, yet don't reward it (and in fact, over reward lack of true coed stunting for some teams in addition to lack difficulty) Obviously not the Cheetahs!
They took a pic w/my little daughter and had her do the claw w/them...soooo cute! :cheerathletics: Love that team I really do.

I think results were pretty dead on this season. A few placements a I questioned, but I also watched part of Worlds from my phone and not a computer screen so not always the best HD.

My thoughts from the weekend:

Definitely fell in love with OA and Heat Athletics Small Senior.
Shocked about GT Platinum in 4th.
Thought NJSE Fab 5 should have been higher.
I pretty much agreed with everything else!!!

I think results were pretty dead on this season. A few placements a I questioned, but I also watched part of Worlds from my phone and not a computer screen so not always the best HD.

My thoughts from the weekend:

Definitely fell in love with OA and Heat Athletics Small Senior.
Shocked about GT Platinum in 4th.
Thought NJSE Fab 5 should have been higher.
I pretty much agreed with everything else!!!

hopefully I'll be able to remedy some of this for you guys soon ;)

I was also impressed with them! Sat second row on the right side of the stage (near the end of the mat) and got to see them close up

I was about to reply to this poster's comment and as soon as I hit enter, the thread had been closed...so I guess I'll put it here since it seems appropriate...

Those kids have worked so hard :( ....Coed Elite was really solid, but the Cheetahs are really sick I have to admit....Not gonna lie though, I'm surprised at how high one of the teams keeps scoring in this division considering there seems to be such a big emphasis placed on "boys being boys" lately and underemphasis on tumbling (something that attracts a majority of our boys to the sport) and what appears to be more of an emphasis on true coed style stunting, yet don't reward it (and in fact, over reward lack of true coed stunting for some teams in addition to lack difficulty) Obviously not the Cheetahs!
They took a pic w/my little daughter and had her do the claw w/them...soooo cute! :cheerathletics: Love that team I really do.
Lol, I knew you'd at least shimmy me ;) .....I'm honestly not trying to sound biased or anything (as I already mentioned how much I like the Cheetahs), but I'm genuinely confused w/the scoring logic regarding some of the coed teams

*message incoming :)

Back