All-Star Shouldacouldawoulda

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sm sr:
  • I hate that PCM didn't make finals.

I have shared this already in the discussion/update thread and will again here: all season long people on the fierceboard said that PCM Sm Sr needs to take out those underrotated fulls/doubles - they didn't listen - and I personally think, that is what kept them from making finals. They did have a couple of underrotated fulls/doubles during semis and with the deductions for that I guess that was enough for them to not move on to Sunday, especially since only 3 points separated them from a place in top 10. As sad as it is for the kids... I hope the coaches learned sth out of it.

And since I haven't seen all of the teams, I can't say anything about teams that did get an "unfair" placement, so I'll leave that to others...

I was about to reply to this poster's comment and as soon as I hit enter, the thread had been closed...so I guess I'll put it here since it seems appropriate...

Those kids have worked so hard :( ....Coed Elite was really solid, but the Cheetahs are really sick I have to admit....Not gonna lie though, I'm surprised at how high one of the teams keeps scoring in this division considering there seems to be such a big emphasis placed on "boys being boys" lately and underemphasis on tumbling (something that attracts a majority of our boys to the sport) and what appears to be more of an emphasis on true coed style stunting, yet don't reward it (and in fact, over reward lack of true coed stunting for some teams in addition to lack difficulty) Obviously not the Cheetahs!
They took a pic w/my little daughter and had her do the claw w/them...soooo cute! :cheerathletics: Love that team I really do.
If your talking about Top gun I would die if they had to lose their "style" just to conform to the USASF. Does anyone see the number of boys going down if they start making the boys all have to be single base stunters while no one cares if they can tumble or not. I see that in college. You see guys who are huge, never cheered a day in their life, cant do a cartwheel, make it over guys who are wonderful tumblers have cheered for ten years and can maybe get a girl to extension. I would kinda like to keep that concept to college squads and not bring that kind of thinking into allstar. muscle over talent that is.

Something that bothered me about this weekend is the new Top Gun uniforms. Hear me out; I saw a lot of negativity thrown at Dream Allstars for having Braedan, the little boy who can tumble like no other, fly in the elite section. Now, would everyone have felt that way if they had a uniform similar to the new Top Gun leggings? He wouldn't stand out as much in the air. Thoughts? Or am I completely alone on thinking that those leggings could be good for allstar cheer? :p

I lovedddddd the legging, im thinking my cp would look cute in them lol. I bet it makes it easier to tumble, jump, stunt. I say everyone wear leggings for worlds 2013!!!!!

Cali lady Bullets. --> id do anything to see them win. :(

On the bright side, I'm incredibly proud of my gym!! 4 gold & 2 bronze !!!

Those poor bullets, even though i have to admit i enjoyed their worlds 2011 performance a little better then this years. They are still an amazing team but Orange Crush whewwwww they hands down deserved that Gold! All SS teams were incredible!

Something that bothered me about this weekend is the new Top Gun uniforms. Hear me out; I saw a lot of negativity thrown at Dream Allstars for having Braedan, the little boy who can tumble like no other, fly in the elite section. Now, would everyone have felt that way if they had a uniform similar to the new Top Gun leggings? He wouldn't stand out as much in the air. Thoughts? Or am I completely alone on thinking that those leggings could be good for allstar cheer? :p

We have had leggings for practice wear during the cold months for a few years, and I tell you what...my kids love wearing them. They are comfortable and flexible. I still prefer the skirts over the shorts or leggings. Just more traditional, that's just me...and props to the little boy flyer but I am just not a fan of boy flyers (except in baskets). JMO.

We have had leggings for practice wear during the cold months for a few years, and I tell you what...my kids love wearing them. They are comfortable and flexible. I still prefer the skirts over the shorts or leggings. Just more traditional, that's just me...and props to the little boy flyer but I am just not a fan of boy flyers (except in baskets). JMO.
I completely agree about the leggings. One time I went to tumbling in yoga pants, and it was fantastic. Super comfortable.

ok i tumbled in leggings once and almost gave everyone a show because they wouldnt stay up! do they make them with draw strings or something? haha
My CP's gym started out with capris as practice wear last season and ended up ditching them. She couldn't keep them up either! She's a flyer and while stunting, the bases' hands would inadvertently pull them down. She mooned her whole team one time. Very embarrassing!

ok i tumbled in leggings once and almost gave everyone a show because they wouldnt stay up! do they make them with draw strings or something? haha

They are spandex so they stay on with no issues...well they might not fit our tiny's as well because they are so little but that isn't a big issue :D

This was the first thing I thought of, too! I looooooove the leggings. Maybe not everyone can pull of white leggings like TG, but seriously, black capri leggings could be really flattering. I foresee them becoming a trend in coed divisions.... and I think it is awesome.

Let's admit it: we all want our teams to bring home the gold. While I admit to wanting TG to win large, I also give props to Cheetahs for being amazingly consistent in their awesomeness all year. Congrats to them; I am a fan :). I do believe that the three teams that medaled earned top three with their amazing routines. As for the not so subtle questioning of over rewarding...isn't that all laid out on the score sheets?

I swear there was a team that wore leggings/capris a few years ago and people had this look on their face :confused:. The team had red uniforms so their leggings/capris were red as well. I love Top Gun's new uniform and think they look great, but that right there is proof that not many would be able to pull it off since people had not so nice things to say about another team that had them.

As for PCM not making finals, I agree with the other poster who mentioned that people on here told the coach on here that they could watch a video and pick out the sloppy and underroatated doubles/fulls. The USASF made it clear that there would be deductions for that but they left those skills in their routine. Had they removed them and had cleaner tumbling they probably would have made the top 10.

I have ask this in another forum but got no answer.

Of the top 10 IOC5 teams, how many used single base no assist stunts?

I have watched a video of Wildcats and on my phone it's hard to tell. I just want to know.

The rude people that kept getting up and walking up and down the stairs in the middle of performances. Seriously. Kids: Who raised you?!!? Parents: YOU'RE AN ADULT AND YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER. Next year, I'm just sitting on the end and tripping people. Then when you roll down the stairs, I'm just going to give you the same deer in headlights look you gave me.

Nothing to do with Results, but since we're ranting, I thought I'd throw it in.

Back