OT Tattoos & piercings

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I heard you have to make sure you get a really good quality ink if you're going to use white, and you need to contrast it with another color or it'll fade/yellow over time. I don't have any tattoos though, that is just what one of my friends who has 4 told me.

Does anyone know anything about white ink tattoos?

I can only go off of the place where I go to get mine, but they aren't big fans of them. From the ones they have pictures of and have talked to me about they can fade really easily and discolor. The darker your skin is the worse it usually turns out because it won't show up on the skin (weird I know). After a while the ones they had pictures of started to look like a scar instead of ink.

They can look really nice, but if you are wanting it to stay white and the tattoo place is charging you to same price as a regular tattoo then it can sort of be a waste of money.

Light inks on dark skin are a pain in the butt. I have a yellow ribbon on my newest one on my foot (have had it for a little over a year) and have had to get it touched up twice already because the yellow doesn't stay well on my skin tone/color. It is the only time I have gotten color in my tattoos and now realize I should stick with just black.

I only had my left lobe pierced until senior week... I came home with a total of 6 piercings. Double lobe, left cartilage, & my lip. I'm down to three with my first hole in each and my cartilage. I sure do miss my lip stud though :(

i want a black light tattoo.... anyone have one?

Do places still do them? I was under the impression they didn't do them much anymore because they were finding out the ink in them was dangerous. They remind me of the white ink ones after they sort of fade because they sort of look like a scar when the lights are on.

*probably shouldn't use the word dangerous but more so that the ink can cause issues like infections and pain more so then regular tattoo ink.

i know this thread is ANCIENT buuuut i was thinking of getting my belly button pierced. How would that do with cheer pracs tho? If i were to get it, I'd have like a week off and thats it. Then I'd be practicing like twice a week. Anything i need to do to protect it at practice? im kinda scared :p lol

Piercings: I got one on each lobe when I was seven. I don't really like to wear earrings because I have a deformed ear, and I don't like drawing attention to it. Besides that, I don't have any piercings.
Tattoos: I'm too young to get a tattoo. I probably won't get any tattoos in the future.

Back