All-Star Top Gun New Worlds Uniform

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do you like the new Uni?

• Total voters
i actually really like them for some reason i just feel that they look better on the floor! i would have preferred them in black though with white and gold stripes. i dont know why.

My 2 main issues: 1) white capris = lots of visible camel toes.. and yes, I saw a few.. if they were black, I might have a different opinion... 2) If this were some no name team from nowhere's ville, USA, half of you would rip it to shreds... if you like it, fine.. but my real issue is that whether you're Top Gun or Ghetto Athletics, judge the uniform for the uniform, and defend the uniform for the uniform.. don't defend it bc you're a top gun fanatic.. Esp when you know you would hate on it, had some other team walked onto the floor with yoga pants on..

Personal opinion. Love top gun.. one of my faves.. but this is definitely one uniform innovation that we could've done without.. Again.. if they were black, I would probably have a different opinion, but the white is just not sitting well with me.
Took the words right out of my mouth! A while ago everyone ripped one team's socks that looked like boots but then talked about how innovative Top Gun was to wear shoe covers that looked like boots.

I guess while everyone's first reaction was outrage at the fashion tragedy TG was commiting, I was too busy being in shock that they chose a uniform that showed far LESS skin than the average allstar team, instead of the typical opposite....haha :) My opinion? The capris aren't very cute...they just don't look like cheer unis to me.

I guess while everyone's first reaction was outrage at the fashion tragedy TG was commiting, I was too busy being in shock that they chose a uniform that showed far LESS skin than the average allstar team, instead of the typical opposite....haha :) My opinion? The capris aren't very cute...they just don't look like cheer unis to me.

Either did shorts at first!

I'm not really feeling them, if i'm honest. I love the top, but the pants are too long IMO - if they were two inches shorter they'd look much better. And I agree, the whole thing would look better in black but i guess their thing is to wear black all season then white to worlds?

For anyone who says that they create a long leg line....they don't. If they were full pants they would, but they stop just below the knee-cutting off the leg line and making the legs look shorter.
The tops are gorgeous. I love them! I would love to see them with a white skirt with some black and gold trim.

My 2 main issues: 1) white capris = lots of visible camel toes.. and yes, I saw a few.. if they were black, I might have a different opinion... 2) If this were some no name team from nowhere's ville, USA, half of you would rip it to shreds... if you like it, fine.. but my real issue is that whether you're Top Gun or Ghetto Athletics, judge the uniform for the uniform, and defend the uniform for the uniform.. don't defend it bc you're a top gun fanatic.. Esp when you know you would hate on it, had some other team walked onto the floor with yoga pants on..

Personal opinion. Love top gun.. one of my faves.. but this is definitely one uniform innovation that we could've done without.. Again.. if they were black, I would probably have a different opinion, but the white is just not sitting well with me.

I agree with the bolded portion. Likewise, if this were some team from Nowheresville, there are plenty of people who wouldn't be ripping it to shreds. I could have laid bets that the reaction to these unis would go down this way. They definitely had to grow on me, because I personally love skirts. However, for those of you who are judging by a picture, judging because you are a TG hater, or jumping on the "TG will always have a uni that I will rip to shreds" bandwagon without seeing them on the floor, that is a shame. Because there are plenty of people who think they look amazing on the floor.

But then again, I am a person who doesn't want to go to the party and see 527 versions of the outfit I am wearing on everyone else.

Also, in general, some of the comments on the team uniforms (referring overall; not just TG, and not necessarily in this thread only) are just beyond constructive and bordering on unkind. I wonder if these individuals would use the same words if giving their opinion in person?

Love it or hate it, you can't make everyone happy.

Love the top and I like the pants that are longer, but the ones that stop right bellow the knee look off

Love the top but dislike the capris.
In my opinion they should have eiter made them shorter (if they were going für capris) or full lenght. The mid-calf length is not really flattering.
But kudos to them for trying something different, nonetheless.

For anyone who says that they create a long leg line....they don't. If they were full pants they would, but they stop just below the knee-cutting off the leg line and making the legs look shorter.
The tops are gorgeous. I love them! I would love to see them with a white skirt with some black and gold trim.

Any pattern or line on shorts or skirts would go the length of the garment...logically a longer garment with lines will create a longer body line.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yopinm

Any pattern or line on shorts or skirts would go the length of the garment...logically a longer garment with lines will create a longer body line.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yopinm

But when it stops before the body part stops, it cuts off that "long lean line". This is why gymnastics leotards and skating outfits typically have either long sleeves or no sleeves (you want the arm to be completely covered or completely bare). The same with the cut of the leg holes on leotards..they're higher to show more leg to keep a continuous line.
This is also why short women look shorter and can often times look stocky in capri pants. I'm 5' tall. I don't wear capris or crops ever. It's either full length pants to keep a continuous line, or a skirt or shorts that have a 3" inseam, so I'm showing mostly skin-one continuous color (line).

Back