All-Star Worlds 2014 Meme Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

12stepCheermom

Best Parent and Grammar Teacher '14
Cheer Parent
May 10, 2011
Twitter was hilarious last night with the release of the worlds deductions sheet for 2014.

I believe it's time for the return of the best annual thread ever!

Have fun folks!

ImageUploadedByFierce Board1396531737.914261.jpg

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I don't get what's different about this year's deductions, it all looks the same as last year. Am I missing something?

I believe the "sportsmanship" related deductions are the same as last year, so I am surprised at the reaction. I am pretty sure under-rotated tumbling is LESS of a deduction this year which surprises me (I think it was 3.0 last year). I think the other deductions (SF, SB, OOB, music) may be higher this year. It does seem like the deductions are more clearly defined which is a great thing.

I believe the "sportsmanship" related deductions are the same as last year, so I am surprised at the reaction. I am pretty sure under-rotated tumbling is LESS of a deduction this year which surprises me (I think it was 3.0 last year). I think the other deductions (SF, SB, OOB, music) may be higher this year. It does seem like the deductions are more clearly defined which is a great thing.
I just found the deduction sheet from last year because I was curious and all of the SB, SF, under-rotated, etc are the same from what I can see.

And BTW how is high-fiving a teammate a display of unsportsmanlike conduct? If anything should make me feel bad, it should be that fact that an amazing competitor of mine hits their routine perfectly, not the fact that they high-fived afterwards. :chillpill:

I agree with all of the deductions for the most part, the excessive celebration is not allowed in other sports (ex football). The only one that I don't like is the pre performance rituals...1) why does it matter what a team does backstage as long as it doesn't affect another team 2) who will enforce it? USASF employees siting backstage?

I agree with all of the deductions for the most part, the excessive celebration is not allowed in other sports (ex football). The only one that I don't like is the pre performance rituals...1) why does it matter what a team does backstage as long as it doesn't affect another team 2) who will enforce it? USASF employees siting backstage?

I thought the rule said that pre-performance rituals were supposed to take place backstage ("team bonding rituals must take place behind the stage area") ? If I read it wrong, then indeed, I don't see how they could enforce it.

14ujggo.jpg

DEDUCTION
Teams seemed to be fine not celebrating on the mat last season when the rules went into effect. Now lets hope teams (and coaches) learn from Lady Lightning and don't have somebody run onto the mat after the routine and get a deduction like they did. I'm still not quite sure why some people are still freaking out about this when it's not new lol.
ETA: I should say it's more so on twitter that I'm seeing comments (well CheerUpdates because that's like the only cheer person I follow). I think it's perfectly fine in this thread because it's supposed to be funny, and that I get.

Last edited:

So does that mean my team can't pray back stage?!

So does that mean my team can't pray back stage?!

My understanding (based on what someone said previous) is that rituals may take backstage. I don't think you can be deducted for praying. Plus they can't deduct you for something that happens back in the warm up area. I think the point of this rule is for like how teams will run out and then everyone has to go around and hug people and do like 80 individual handshakes with other team members. Those are the rituals that they would deduct for. I'm assuming they want all those littler things to happen backstage so that way it doesn't waste time once the team gets out and so it keeps the competition moving at schedule. Just my perception of it tho.

Back