All-Star Worlds Vod Suggestion Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ACEDAD

Named "Best Veteran" meaning "Most Attractive".
Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
Ok. I know the VOD isn't perfect. And there are a lot of things that can be improved. So please use this thread to make your suggestion on how to improve something or even something that should be added, etc.

Please DON'T use this thread for general complaints because I've alread heard them all. And don't make a suggestion more than once. This isn't a nomination thread. If you really like a suggestion that's already made, a shimmy will be sufficient.

I'll start:

Please post the videos as consistently as possible throughout the day. If the delay is one hour fine. If it's two hours fine. But please be consistent.

Please add the awards to the VOD.

Please improve the quality of the video. Hand held cameras/phones in the audience should not be better than a professionally produced program.

Please provide an email for technical support and/or payment issues.

Your turn.

Already mentioned, but my 2 suggestions would be better quality and tabs or some other way to group by division (and round...prelims, finals, etc.)

And a "nice to have" would be quicker uploads. (Though, I would sacrifice faster uploading if the first two suggestions were implemented.)

1. Better quality videos (Like someone already said its like watching a video from a phone)
2. Extend videos
3. Awards
4 Either Cheer or Dance not Both
5. Upload times sooner
I know people above me already said these, just thought I would agree without shimmying everyone

Ok. I know the VOD isn't perfect. And there are a lot of things that can be improved. So please use this thread to make your suggestion on how to improve something or even something that should be added, etc.

Please DON'T use this thread for general complaints because I've alread heard them all. And don't make a suggestion more than once. This isn't a nomination thread. If you really like a suggestion that's already made, a shimmy will be sufficient.

I'll start:

Please post the videos as consistently as possible throughout the day. If the delay is one hour fine. If it's two hours fine. But please be consistent.

Please improve the quality of the video. Hand held cameras/phones in the audience should not be better than a professionally produced program.

Your turn.

You've pretty much covered it, but here is one more. I compete in another sport that offers a Worlds Championship. Their media company offers a live webcast as well as VOD. It is only slightly more expensive, and sometimes has buffering issues, but the ability to watch something as it happens is so well worth it (not to mention would free up the board from people asking about updates:)). If the company providing the VOD can not offer these basic services, then IMO it should go out to bid. I think the $30.00 for the 1-year subscription is very well worth it, but it was so disappointing to not have videos several hours after the actual performance time, and the quality of the videos is not great - not only are they blurry but on Stingrays IOC the camera was all over the place and they missed half the pyramid! For me, I'd rather pay $50 to get a live webcast and VOD, because this is pretty much the weekend I utilize the service.
Thanks for all of your help with the VOD this weekend, and congratulations to your teams! Those Bows+Arrows made my weekend!

I'll start:

Your turn.

Acedad, is this on behalf of USASF or is it just your own interest in how to improve the VOD? The reason I ask is, that when it says not to use this thread for general complaints because they have all been heard before, I am not sure if everyone else have heard them. I would hate to discourage anyone from giving their input because they don't know what someone has heard in the past or not.

Great idea for a thread.

Acedad, is this on behalf of USASF or is it just your own interest in how to improve the VOD? The reason I ask is, that when it says not to use this thread for general complaints because they have all been heard before, I am not sure if everyone else have heard them. I would hate to discourage anyone from giving their input because they don't know what someone has heard in the past or not.

Great idea for a thread.

I'm posting it as Chairman of the USASF Parent Action Committee and this will be one of our suggestions to USASF for improving Worlds 2012.

What I mean about the complaints is that a post of XYZ All Stars isn't on there, isn't relevant to this thread.

would it not be worth actually having a real pay per view? like on cable?? Not really sure how that works but I would buy it!

Back