All-Star You Might Be A Crazy Cheer Mom If...... (confession Time)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How did the parents find out their reservation was canceled?

Boo not fair ;)

hotel sent email to parent. Anytime you make change/cancel reservation you get a confirmation email. When i heard the story I thought it was a joke, as I didn't think anyone would go that far for cheer.

She was smart enough to do it for 2 hotel (2 diff comps) so parent got owner involved, had a meeting. Deranged parent denied, denied, denied. Parent stated, hotel gave me the # of callers phone# who called to make changes. Parent calls the # and deranged parents cell phone rings.:eek::eek:

What did the gym do to the deranged parent? Did they kick the family out? (I'd hope so). Was the crazy parent's only goal to get a room on the floor where the specific team was and just coincidentally knew enough info about this specific parent to pose as them on the phone, or was it also about making sure the specific parent lost their reservation? I would be both furious and freaked out/scared if this happened to me.

You call extra practices for your kid's team that the coaches don't know about.

Not a cheer story, but my goddaughter cheered for a rec program that had a FOOTBALL DAD do this with his son's team. Caused them to forfeit a game due to having a practice outside of league-sanctioned practices. I don't know why this guy thought to do that. More importantly, WHY DID THE PARENTS COME?

If a parent emails me and tells me my kid needs to come to a practice that is not on the schedule, I'm telling them to get lost.

Not a cheer story, but my goddaughter cheered for a rec program that had a FOOTBALL DAD do this with his son's team. Caused them to forfeit a game due to having a practice outside of league-sanctioned practices. I don't know why this guy thought to do that. More importantly, WHY DID THE PARENTS COME?

If a parent emails me and tells me my kid needs to come to a practice that is not on the schedule, I'm telling them to get lost.

Crazy nut jobs who think they know more than coaches that do this stuff. I hope the dad experienced some consequences for this above and beyond the same forfeiture that the entire team had to do.

It could be that some parents thought the dad spoke for the coaches if he is the type that was very involved w/ the team and close w/ the coaches. It doesn't suprise me all that much that some parents would just come.

This doesn't surprise me too much. With local youth programs there are usually a mulititude of fathers involved in some way or another. Depending on how it was phrased - hey we are going to be at the park to get extra work in - would not have seemed out of the ordinary for our softball team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok...so we had a FORMER cheer mom (daughter quit and then moved to another state to live with dad) offer to help with the high school team this past year. She went to the coach back in june and was told that *maybe* she could come to some Saturday practices in the fall. Coach thought she'd lose interest by then. But no...instead FORMER cheer mom starts messaging all the captains calling herself "coach xxx" and saying that they could do bondings and team sleepovers at her house...and maybe some extra practices at her house over the summer... She sent my daughter a LONG PM telling her all about her family and mental health issues over the past year. It was all just nuts! I had to call coach, who was on vacation with family, to have her mitigate because it was getting out of hand and captains were trying to be nice -but had no idea what coach had told this woman. Coach felt awful...had no idea the woman would take it so far! Thankfully after a phone call from coach...the former cheer mom stopped contacting the girls. We continued to fear she would show up in the fall lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ok...so we had a FORMER cheer mom (daughter quit and then moved to another state to live with dad) offer to help with the high school team this past year. She went to the coach back in june and was told that *maybe* she could come to some Saturday practices in the fall. Coach thought she'd lose interest by then. But no...instead FORMER cheer mom starts messaging all the captains calling herself "coach xxx" and saying that they could do bondings and team sleepovers at her house...and maybe some extra practices at her house over the summer... She sent my daughter a LONG PM telling her all about her family and mental health issues over the past year. It was all just nuts! I had to call coach, who was on vacation with family, to have her mitigate because it was getting out of hand and captains were trying to be nice -but had no idea what coach had told this woman. Coach felt awful...had no idea the woman would take it so far! Thankfully after a phone call from coach...the former cheer mom stopped contacting the girls. We continued to fear she would show up in the fall lol.

I wonder if we're local to each other---a mom at the local high school pulled almost the exact same thing with some of the parents at our last gym. I only heard the story because they were talking about in the parents room, but it was very close---kid wasn't on the team anymore, but mom insisted she had to be Team Mom and then it went to hell in a handbasket real fast! We left that gym so I have no idea how it ended, but it sounded psycho.

And a crazy cheer dad...showed up at the school with police to have coach and a parent arrested for "kidnapping" because he said they transported his daughter to an event without his permission. Daughter immediately fessed up that she had forged parents name on permission slip. After hearing this dad went immediately to "well I don't want to see her taken off the team for this..."

I wonder if we're local to each other---a mom at the local high school pulled almost the exact same thing with some of the parents at our last gym. I only heard the story because they were talking about in the parents room, but it was very close---kid wasn't on the team anymore, but mom insisted she had to be Team Mom and then it went to hell in a handbasket real fast! We left that gym so I have no idea how it ended, but it sounded psycho.
Not my daughter's school...but another local school had a mom stay team mom after oldest daughter graduates and when younger daughter was in 8th grade lol.

Ive heard of cheer moms in our local rec league doing this years ago.

And a crazy cheer dad...showed up at the school with police to have coach and a parent arrested for "kidnapping" because he said they transported his daughter to an event without his permission. Daughter immediately fessed up that she had forged parents name on permission slip. After hearing this dad went immediately to "well I don't want to see her taken off the team for this..."

Please tell me she was taken off the team for that.

Back