All-Star You Might Be A Crazy Cheer Mom If...... (confession Time)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh I wish I could say she was... but my thoughts on that are probably more appropriate for another thread ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Oh my lord, they kept her? That is insanity at it's finest!

^^^The above = why my (HS) team does not have a Team Mom. Make cookies, paint signs for their comps, whatever fun thing you want to do as a group, but no one is the official Team Mom. So no one runs anything around here as a parent. You are all equal.

Ex: A group of you can all get together and decide you want to buy balloons for their send-off (as long as you are including all cheerleaders and not just your child, and that you have run it by me), but you can't send an email say "I am team mom and I need you to ________."

That also means that no one is my representative. So, no one can say "I spoke with Coach and she said we need to _______ for the girls."

Every now and then, a new parent who is maybe the team mom of her kid's all star team or was previously the team mom at the middle school will come in and try to behave like a Team Mom and start emailing parents asking them to get things together for events that she wants to plan (Ex: One mom tried to plan a pool party on top of a pool party the coaching staff organized, because she "wanted a special pool party just to celebrate the rookies.") That gets shot down really quickly.

I know that several people on Fierceboard are probably WONDERFUL team moms/dads and they would NEVER think to try to play coach, boss other parents around, etc. However, I have always found that as soon as I place a label on the person who may plan some stuff for the girls or help me out a little, people get a little crazy and it goes to their heads.

Heck, the ROOM MOM at my kid's school seems to think that makes her the Beyonce of the elementary building, but that is another thread.

Last edited:
And a crazy cheer dad...showed up at the school with police to have coach and a parent arrested for "kidnapping" because he said they transported his daughter to an event without his permission. Daughter immediately fessed up that she had forged parents name on permission slip. After hearing this dad went immediately to "well I don't want to see her taken off the team for this..."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
:jawdrop:

^^^The above = why my (HS) team does not have a Team Mom. Make cookies, paint signs for their comps, whatever fun thing you want to do as a group, but no one is the official Team Mom. So no one runs anything around here as a parent. You are all equal.

Ex: A group of you can all get together and decide you want to buy balloons for their send-off (as long as you are including all cheerleaders and not just your child, and that you have run it by me), but you can't send an email say "I am team mom and I need you to ________."

That also means that no one is my representative. So, no one can say "I spoke with Coach and she said we need to _______ for the girls."

Every now and then, a new parent who is maybe the team mom of her kid's all star team or was previously the team mom at the middle school will come in and try to behave like a Team Mom and start emailing parents asking them to get things together for events that she wants to plan (Ex: One mom tried to plan a pool party on top of a pool party the coaching staff organized, because she "wanted a special pool party just to celebrate the rookies.") That gets shot down really quickly.

I know that several people on Fierceboard are WONDERFUL team moms and they would NEVER think to try to play coach, boss other parents around, etc. However, I have always found that as soon as I place a label on the person who may plan some stuff for the girls or help me out a little, people get a little crazy and it goes to their heads.

Heck, the ROOM MOM at my kid's school seems to think that makes her the Beyonce of the elementary building, but that is another thread.

OMG YES to the room mom stuff. I hear middle school doesn't have room moms.

What did the gym do to the deranged parent? Did they kick the family out? (I'd hope so). Was the crazy parent's only goal to get a room on the floor where the specific team was and just coincidentally knew enough info about this specific parent to pose as them on the phone, or was it also about making sure the specific parent lost their reservation? I would be both furious and freaked out/scared if this happened to me.

No they weren't kicked out. Her goal was to get a room on the floor with Sr4 girls so her CP could be with those girls and she could get "in" with those parents. Apparently all you need to change a reservation over the phone is a name. She knew the dates, so I'm guessing she was convincing enough to make it happen. She wanted to be at the same hotel and this hotel was sold out.

She ended up at the hotel anyway, she shared a room with another parent and her CP. Why she didn't just go this route from the start is beyond my comprehension.

When you consider selling a kidney on the black market to keep Suzie in her privates.

Disclaimer: I am not a cheer mom and have never heard of anyone doing so...yet.

I don't need mine or my uterus any longer. I'm sure someone out there can use them. LOL

I saw an article talking about how much you can make donating certain body parts/fluids. Up to $35,000 for a certain part.

Edited to fix dollar amount

And to add, I'm not sure how accurate it is. But I'd add hubs to the list after we have another kid if it was lol

I saw an article talking about how much you can make donating certain body parts/fluids. Up to $35,000 for a certain part.

Edited to fix dollar amount

And to add, I'm not sure how accurate it is. But I'd add hubs to the list after we have another kid if it was lol

Bone marrow can go for like $20,000 a gram. That gets the most money. And it's a "renewable resource" so you can sell over and over and over, unlike an organ.

How often can you sell it? I may have just found a new career.

**Maybe I should get my medication levels checked**

Well, legally you can't sell it. You can only donate it. So I don't think there's a limit on how often you can sell since no ones there to really regulate it ;)

If you're looking for a get rich quick scheme, you should go check out the price of saffron and then find out how to start growing it.

Back