21-22 Teams & Divisions

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by oncecoolcoachnowmom, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Is IASF NON-TUMBLING LEVEL 7 still closed to USA Teams?

2. catlady

catlady Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I agree in the sense that "petite" doesn't provide specifics, but with that said, I don't have an issue with them stating what their needs are. I know people get insulted by this subject, but just because you don't mention it, doesn't make it any less obvious to the athlete. If you have a smaller or weaker stunt group and a flyer comes in to tryout that was transitioned into basing because the physics didn't work with their current team and they think they may have a shot at flying again, it's just going to be yet another circumstance where they're told (or realize) they aren't going to work out in that circumstance.

I think the change that needs to happen in cheer when it comes to every position, is the discussion needs to focus on "physics" and what does and doesn't work within individual stunt groups. Sometimes you do need a smaller, taller, lighter, more muscular person, but we need to stop reacting as if that is implying it's a defect if someone doesn't meet the needed criteria for the physics to work.

3. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Cheer Athletics just announced tryouts for Claw 7 - Large Open Coed 7! They were out last season due to Covid. I am glad they are back!