All-Star Olympic Trials - Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have to say i was balling my eyes out when they brought the girls out at the end & to see all of them crying and genuinely so happy! And then when they were celebrating with the guys team. What a great moment!! I have always followed gymnastics for the olympics, but i don't remember ever seeing anything like that.
Same! I also cried through Nastia's bars and beam routines. The famjam sat and laughed at me.

I think it's very telling that when looking at the team finals, Maroney is only in one spot on people's lists. For all of their 'we need all-around gymnasts', she's really only consistent in one spot. I love her, and she's got the skill, but she's not solid enough. They should have gone with ASac..
With Maroney, she's pretty much guaranteed to win Vault if she hits. However, she could still do any of the other 3 events if she has too, which is what Marta was really looking for. I love ASac with all my heart, but she could only do 2 events max. McKayla competed all 4, and could if she had too. Not saying she should/will, but she could if necessary.

Don't feel bad about crying, I briefly explained Nastia's past to my friends (Olympic all around champ, trying to make a comeback, screwed up at VISAs) and they were bawling with me with her standing ovation.
Now, if you'd like to cry again...

The most heartbreaking thing of that whole night was not her leaving, (this applies to her and Bross) but seeing such a tough and strong gymnast break down. Seeing them have to try SO hard to hold it in. Looking at Nastia's facial expression after she fell, and right before she gets up, and Bross after she finished bars, THAT is what killed me.

Don't feel bad about crying, I briefly explained Nastia's past to my friends (Olympic all around champ, trying to make a comeback, screwed up at VISAs) and they were bawling with me with her standing ovation.
Now, if you'd like to cry again...

The most heartbreaking thing of that whole night was not her leaving, (this applies to her and Bross) but seeing such a tough and strong gymnast break down. Seeing them have to try SO hard to hold it in. Looking at Nastia's facial expression after she fell, and right before she gets up, and Bross after she finished bars, THAT is what killed me.

Thank you for making me sob like a two year old girl..Nastia is a LEGEND.

Thank you for making me sob like a two year old girl..Nastia is a LEGEND.

It actually amazes me the reaction she got after she finished. She received so much hate from the community throughout her career for different reasons, even after she'd proven herself and won the AA, and I am so happy that her departing was a happy on, even if it wasn't the best of nights.

Also, a bit earlier there was discussion about turning down the alternates spot. I don't think, for Nastia or Alicia, if they had turned them down, that it was about not wanting to be an alternate. I think both were well aware that the chances of them being a team member were slim to none, and they just wanted to go out in the Olympic Trials, actually competing, rather than sitting on the side lines until the last EF. I don't think it was about glory, or wanting to be on the actual team, I truly believe it was about leaving the sport after finishing a night of gymnastics, not after sitting in a Team USA jacket and sweatpants on the side.

Also, a bit earlier there was discussion about turning down the alternates spot. I don't think, for Nastia or Alicia, if they had turned them down, that it was about not wanting to be an alternate. I think both were well aware that the chances of them being a team member were slim to none, and they just wanted to go out in the Olympic Trials, actually competing, rather than sitting on the side lines until the last EF. I don't think it was about glory, or wanting to be on the actual team, I truly believe it was about leaving the sport after finishing a night of gymnastics, not after sitting in a Team USA jacket and sweatpants on the side.
Judging by an article someone posted here though, I don't even know if ASac was offered an alternate spot..

I feel like if Nastia had decided to do her comeback just a few months earlier, (imagine what she'd be like if she had another year...) she could have made it. SHe said her biggest struggle was just time, and getting ready in so little time. She'll always be one of my favorites though.

Judging by an article someone posted here though, I don't even know if ASac was offered an alternate spot..

I'll be honest, I find it hard to believe Sarah Finnegan would be in that spot had it not been for one of them declining. Granted, it could have been Nastia.

(I'm too late to edit that post)
I also think that, even if Nastia and Alicia were offered spots and declined, we'll never know, it would take away from the accomplishment of Anna Li, Elizabeth Price, and Sarah Finnegan who were named as alternates. No one would wanna break their heart and let them know they were the alternates to the alternates.

Latest posts

Back