All-Star Olympic Trials - Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It has also been confirmed that "as of right now" she's only competing vault. I know a lot of us were expecting that anyway but it's more likely to happen now with this injury.
I'm okay with that for two reasons. 1) Her vaults during podium still looked good, despite not having worked them fully in awhile. And 2) IMO, Kyla looks better on bars than Maroney, and if she's needed on floor and beam (highly unlikely I think) she looked ready today, despite that flukey fall on beam.

I'm okay with that for two reasons. 1) Her vaults during podium still looked good, despite not having worked them fully in awhile. And 2) IMO, Kyla looks better on bars than Maroney, and if she's needed on floor and beam (highly unlikely I think) she looked ready today, despite that flukey fall on beam.
Really? I guess I thought they would use Kyla over Gabby in the 3 up 3 count for beam. I just think Kyla looks more polished and precise on beam, and Gabby tends to make some mistakes on her front aerial bhs layout series. Although, in podium training today they did do a mock line with Gabby after Kyla... I guess we will see after Sunday. Just hope everyone is healthy and performing to their best!

Also, I'm so sad Larisa Iordache is out of the all-around. I was really wanting to see her and Romania do well. :(

Really? I guess I thought they would use Kyla over Gabby in the 3 up 3 count for beam. I just think Kyla looks more polished and precise on beam, and Gabby tends to make some mistakes on her front aerial bhs layout series. Although, in podium training today they did do a mock line with Gabby after Kyla... I guess we will see after Sunday. Just hope everyone is healthy and performing to their best!

Also, I'm so sad Larisa Iordache is out of the all-around. I was really wanting to see her and Romania do well. :(
I think they'd use Gabby because her D score is higher. I guess, in my mind, it would depend on what the order of events are and whether or not they need the difficulty or the hit routine in order to secure a top spot in team finals. Now, I'm just a gym fan, certainly no expert, so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I'm assuming they need to submit their 'performance order', if you will, ahead of time... which wouldn't allow them to make changes based on whether they need the difficult or hit routine. Does anyone know how that works?

As far as Larisa is concerned, based on recent tweets from their podium training, she did quite a few routines, and hit some, especially beam, which I would think would hurt her heel. I'm wondering if it's all a rouse and she actually will be competing. That could just be my cynicism coming out though ;) Besides her though, Romania seems like they ain't playin' this year. I'm excited to see how this all turns out!!

I think they'd use Gabby because her D score is higher. I guess, in my mind, it would depend on what the order of events are and whether or not they need the difficulty or the hit routine in order to secure a top spot in team finals. Now, I'm just a gym fan, certainly no expert, so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I'm assuming they need to submit their 'performance order', if you will, ahead of time... which wouldn't allow them to make changes based on whether they need the difficult or hit routine. Does anyone know how that works?

As far as Larisa is concerned, based on recent tweets from their podium training, she did quite a few routines, and hit some, especially beam, which I would think would hurt her heel. I'm wondering if it's all a rouse and she actually will be competing. That could just be my cynicism coming out though ;) Besides her though, Romania seems like they ain't playin' this year. I'm excited to see how this all turns out!!
For your question, I'm honestly not sure either. I believe they do submit an order ahead of time but I know that there has to be some flexibility to it because of the possibility of injuries.

And I really hope you are right about Larisa! Aside from being a big USA fan, I am also a big Romania fan and I would love to see them kill it in team finals after such a long period of disappointment. And for the all around, I'm really hoping for Larisa and Aliya Mustafina to hit four for four. I would love to see Musty come back from such a hard year and win the all around!

Sooo how does it work if Anna Li's out? Do they replace the alternates?

527056_10150935782332257_358143770_n.jpg
what is this??:confused:

and anyone have a video when they picked who is going to olypmics at trials? I really want to see it.

527056_10150935782332257_358143770_n.jpg
what is this??:confused:

I dunno, but I'm kinda into it! I'm assuming they are playing into the whole "gymnastics is a girly girl" sport, and they want it to have the feminine, strong but girly female vibe. Personally, I like that it is country neutral.

I dunno, but I'm kinda into it! I'm assuming they are playing into the whole "gymnastics is a girly girl" sport, and they want it to have the feminine, strong but girly female vibe. Personally, I like that it is country neutral.

Yeah, that "girly girl vibe" is really great for the male gymnasts who have to compete in that arena as well.

Yeah, that "girly girl vibe" is really great for the male gymnasts who have to compete in that arena as well.

Hahaha, ok yeah-that's weird. I forgot about them. Their good looks ensure nobody will be looking at the pink however... :D

I think it's an odd colour to have picked. The equipment was always going to be red as it is Gymnova..talk about clashing! Oh well I'm just happy I'll be there for both team and AA finals!

The podium training photos were awful. A lot of photographers are complaining that getting the white balance is very difficult with the crazy colors.

Back