All-Star Olympic Trials - Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

all 5 girls compete on all 4 events and the lowest one thrown out and then the top girls compete a different day for individual titles

I think in prelims 4 of the 5 compete on the 4 events.

Finals 3 girls compete on each event. All scores count.

I'm getting more and more worried for Team USA. Two Romanian gymnasts have upped their vaults to have starting value of 6.5 and Komova got her amanar back, which makes her a super strong contender for AA. I also wouldn't be surprised if Mustafina performed an amanar at the games. Team USA's main advantage isn't even really an advantage anymore...

Romania seems to have a slight edge on beam, not as much as the edge America has with 4 gymnasts scoring around 16.0 on vault, but still. If Catalina takes beam finals I want you all to know I'll be dead. If she wins, and I don't show up on Fierceboard that day, call the police.

Romania seems to have a slight edge on beam, not as much as the edge America has with 4 gymnasts scoring around 16.0 on vault, but still. If Catalina takes beam finals I want you all to know I'll be dead. If she wins, and I don't show up on Fierceboard that day, call the police.
I LOVE her..seriously. She's amazing. Another gymnast who can hang long-term..is it something about America's gymnastics process that makes us incapable of doing that? Amount of gymnasts?

I LOVE her..seriously. She's amazing. Another gymnast who can hang long-term..is it something about America's gymnastics process that makes us incapable of doing that? Amount of gymnasts?

I don't even know. Catalina's now Alicia's age, so she's still relatively young (outside of gymnastics that is), I think maybe it's just that gymnasts in other countries aren't so wrapped up in becoming/staying famous and more focused on the sport when they're making a comeback or prolonging their career.

I think in prelims 4 of the 5 compete on the 4 events.

Finals 3 girls compete on each event. All scores count.
IT WORKS
Teams use four of their five members on each apparatus, with the top three scores counting toward a team's score for the apparatus. The same four athletes do not have to be used on all apparatus.
Gymnasts perform one routine on each apparatus on which they compete during the qualification round. The exception is vault, where anyone attempting to qualify for the vault final performs two different vaults. (If the athlete chooses to do two vaults, the score from the first vault counts toward the team and all-around qualification and the average of the two vaults counts toward qualifying to the vault event final.)
Any athlete attempting to qualify for the all-around must perform on each apparatus (four for women, six for men). If a gymnast's final score is among the top 24, he or she qualifies for the all-around final, unless two teammates are higher ranked.

Womens podium training is today. Does anyone know if videos will be posted? Of if there is a way to watch online? It should be starting soon if not already

Anna Li fell on bars and tore a ligament in her neck. She's out as an alternate =(

Maroney is competing with a broken toe (re-broke it last week). She did fine in training this week though apparently, regardless of the break.

Maroney is competing with a broken toe (re-broke it last week). She did fine in training this week though apparently, regardless of the break.
It has also been confirmed that "as of right now" she's only competing vault. I know a lot of us were expecting that anyway but it's more likely to happen now with this injury.

Back