All-Star Shouldacouldawoulda

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We say please and thank you!!! I? Lol. Ok you guys can call Illinois crazy all you want but we're not some backwards a$$ cave people with no manners. The only thing we don't say is excuse me, and that's because in a city as crowded as Chicago you'd never stop... You'd just say "excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, excuse me" all day. Hmph.
:D

I was talking about the suburbs like Shaumburg, Elgin, Hoffman Estates, Addison, St. Charles, Hanover Park, Glenview, etc......Those are only the ones I can think of off the top of my head from when I lived there for about 8 months.
I'm not trying to bash your state; but even my husband doesn't miss the attitudes and manners of Chicago, etc. He loves how polite and friendly people are in the south (although he is super shocked at how trusting they are).

I don't tend to think that people up here are that out of touch with manners, but maybe we are. I think the bigger the city the worse it is- at least from the Midwestern places I have visited. Also, could we not use the "r" word around here? It's horribly insensitive.
My husband and his brother (who now lives in Fla permanently) disagree and his parents are considering to move down here when his father retires...but that's just one family...and no, I'm sorry you're offended, but the definition of that word doesn't just include mental retardation (and most people don't refer to the mentally handicapped as retarded-at least not where I'm from)

My husband and his brother (who now lives in Fla permanently) disagree and his parents are considering to move down here when his father retires...but that's just one family...and no, I'm sorry you're offended, but the definition of that word doesn't just include mental retardation (and most people don't refer to the mentally handicapped as retarded-at least not where I'm from)

Agree to disagree. :)

Agree to disagree. :)
Yes ma'am ;) I am sorry if you were offended. I just see that differently and I was the only kid in my elementary school who would even talk to the hearing impaired kids we had in our class. They wound up being my best friends (and I had a crush on one of the boys-there were 2 boys and one girl) and I learned sign language and everything. My parents said I used to "talk" in my sleep using sign language. They kept those kids w/me (same teachers) all throughout elementary (I was maybe in the 2nd or 3rd grade in Fla when I first met them, etc.). Anyway, back then we used to refer to them as "deaf", now it's hearing impaired. So I kind of equate it the same way I would use, "Hey bro, are you DEAF?" bc he has his radio turned up full blast...if that makes sense. So I def. didn't/don't mean any harm :)

Oh that's kind of weird, I can't find their score anywhere on the board nor can I find them in the rankings on USASF's website (but whoever placed 15th is missing..).
Are the score sheets made public? If so where do you find them?

They took out quite a few of them. Their raw score would've placed them VERY high. It's unfortunate....because they would've done very well even if they had "under rotated" doubles across the board. To be honest, they had three under rotated.

On a side note, Generals not getting second is hoo-hah. I'm sorry...Aces were great and it's nothing to do with them, well, I'm not targeting them I guess I'm trying to say. Personally, I thought Aces delivered a solid "third place" performance. In my opinion Generals outdid that entire division, minus the champions!
Thought the same thing about Generals....until the girl fell at the very end dead center, which is probably what cost them 2nd...

My only dislike was...that the announcer talked WAY TO MUCH.
Shoot....this is an UNDERSTATEMENT. I said "if he talks about the hogging seats or about the new changes to awards or aisles one more time..." and then whoopsie, GUESS WHAT HAPPENED IMMEDIATELY AFTER?

My only dislike was...that the announcer talked WAY TO MUCH.
Better than the guy from.....09 I think? Maybe 10. Who ran out on the mat and yelled WHOAAAAAAAAAA! THAT WAS AWESSOOOOMMMMEEE after every team. I distinctly remember him saying Cheer Command Rockets were "blasting off"

PCM fantasy was def underated and they shoulve made top 10 , theyve grown so much and def deserved it , just sayinn

Back