All-Star Shouldacouldawoulda

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I swear there was a team that wore leggings/capris a few years ago and people had this look on their face :confused:. The team had red uniforms so their leggings/capris were red as well. I love Top Gun's new uniform and think they look great, but that right there is proof that not many would be able to pull it off since people had not so nice things to say about another team that had them.

As for PCM not making finals, I agree with the other poster who mentioned that people on here told the coach on here that they could watch a video and pick out the sloppy and underroatated doubles/fulls. The USASF made it clear that there would be deductions for that but they left those skills in their routine. Had they removed them and had cleaner tumbling they probably would have made the top 10.

I dont think it proves that everyone cant pull them off, I think it proves that the cheer world is fickle. If a small gym wears leggings, the whole world is like "Oh gurl wat iz hur problemmmm" - yet TG years leggings and everyone is like "Omg it's a new trend, so creative! We should do it too."

Its not really all that surprising either, it happens in every industry. A small business does something and gets told their crazy/out of touch.
A big name does something and OMG REVOLUTIONARY!
*cough cough* Apple.

PCM small coed had quite a few underrotated doubles (actually one and a halfs) as well... Proper technique needs to happen before you start having your kids competing these skills... That's exactly why USASF is doing what they are doing when it comes to eliminating tumbling...

Theyre not eliminating running bhs doubles.
Most under rotated doubles come from a r/o bhs. I dont really see specialty through to doubles under rotated all that often, but maybe Im being blind lol :confused:

Most under rotated doubles come from a r/o bhs. I dont really see specialty through to doubles under rotated all that often, but maybe Im being blind lol :confused:

They are slowly eliminating skills one by one... These athletes are allowed to compete doubles that aren't perfected( it wasn't just a fluke because I saw it two days in a row) They competed un perfected roundoff bhs doubles this season and next season they would be allowed to compete the same un clean double with a bounding pass before it and bam blown out knees...

That reminds me - People aren't like that in Illinois. I was out at an upscale martini bar grabbing some drinks with some friends and we wanted a picture together. I tapped a girl on the shoulder and said "Excuse me, ma'am - Would you mind taking our picture?" while I handed her my phone. She looked at me and said "What the %^#$ did you just call me?" I said "Ma'am?" She responds with "I am not a ma'am" I said "Im sorry, I call everyone Sir or Ma'am, Im from the South" and she shrugged and went "Oh... Ok. Well give me the damned camera"

Good ole Illinois.
I think in the Midwest you will have better luck with "miss" if the woman is clearly an adult, but no kids or not a grandmother age. Otherwise you are signing up for a S#!t show.

At least in my experience and most of my friends, we prefer Miss =) Unless it is a super hot southern accent, then you can get away with just about anything...

I'm thoroughly amused all threads return to Illinois. It's like the 7 degrees of separation theory with Kevin Bacon.....wait! Footloose, Ren McCormack was from Chicago! It strikes again!!!!!
My husband is from Chi-town and they literally would look at me like I was retarded for saying, "thank you, have a nice day" when leaving the grocery store, they never said thank you when I held the door open, etc. I could literally go on, but I was like... :confused:

I said the same thing while I was watching. The only people throwing doubles from bounding twisting skills were people that HAD doubles from bounding twisting skills. It was the round off backhand spring fulls, or round off backhand spring doubles that didn't get around. I'd also be interested to see if they started collecting their injury data. The injuries that I saw (Hamilton ESP) came from stunting, not tumbling.

I have shared this already in the discussion/update thread and will again here: all season long people on the fierceboard said that PCM Sm Sr needs to take out those underrotated fulls/doubles - they didn't listen - and I personally think, that is what kept them from making finals. They did have a couple of underrotated fulls/doubles during semis and with the deductions for that I guess that was enough for them to not move on to Sunday, especially since only 3 points separated them from a place in top 10. As sad as it is for the kids... I hope the coaches learned sth out of it.

And since I haven't seen all of the teams, I can't say anything about teams that did get an "unfair" placement, so I'll leave that to others...

They took out quite a few of them. Their raw score would've placed them VERY high. It's unfortunate....because they would've done very well even if they had "under rotated" doubles across the board. To be honest, they had three under rotated.

On a side note, Generals not getting second is hoo-hah. I'm sorry...Aces were great and it's nothing to do with them, well, I'm not targeting them I guess I'm trying to say. Personally, I thought Aces delivered a solid "third place" performance. In my opinion Generals outdid that entire division, minus the champions!

My husband is from Chi-town and they literally would look at me like I was retarded for saying, "thank you, have a nice day" when leaving the grocery store, they never said thank you when I held the door open, etc. I could literally go on, but I was like... :confused:

I don't tend to think that people up here are that out of touch with manners, but maybe we are. I think the bigger the city the worse it is- at least from the Midwestern places I have visited. Also, could we not use the "r" word around here? It's horribly insensitive.

Haha. Is Just-a-Mom going to Indy?!? I will be curious for her answer to this one...You can usually catch her at the Kalahari in March which I know for a fact is her FAVORITE competition... :eek:

Did I say the wrong thing? haha
I'm thinking that would be the only competition in her neck of the woods, that we would end up. Xtreme will never be back on our competition schedule. Ever.

We say please and thank you!!! I? Lol. Ok you guys can call Illinois crazy all you want but we're not some backwards a$$ cave people with no manners. The only thing we don't say is excuse me, and that's because in a city as crowded as Chicago you'd never stop... You'd just say "excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, excuse me" all day. Hmph.
:D

Yes! Tell me you're going to Indy!

Haha. Is Just-a-Mom going to Indy?!? I will be curious for her answer to this one...You can usually catch her at the Kalahari in March which I know for a fact is her FAVORITE competition... :eek:

Hahaha! We're doing a different schedule next year and may be going to Kalahari in January instead? We're going to WSF indy in December I think. If I'm not at a different comp the weekend of jamfest indy then I'll at least be there to watch. I'll let you know for sure when we get our schedule. I was hoping for jamfest supernationals, but the other moms don't want to go (why oh why does this matter???) We don't even have tryouts for another week.

But for the record I had a blast at Kalahari this March - despite the fact that I had to deal with xtreme spirit. :)

NEliteSteven I will find a way to meet you if it kills me! (Julie I already know where to find you :D)

Worlds 2012

The Positives:
- Enjoyed meeting and talking to parents and fans from Cali, SOT, Stingrays, Orlando AS
- Liked the addition of the risers in the Jonstens
- The man with the white board in the Milkhouse
- Enjoyed watching many International teams that have stepped it up!
- Happy to see Crimson Heat finish top 10 (way to rep MD)
- Catching up with some old cheer friends that are now at Brandon :)
- And of course very proud of all our Maryland Twister teams!

The Negatives:
- Entry to the Milkhouse on Sunday morning, chaos! (Thank God no one was hurt!)
- Being harassed for almost 2 hours about leaving the Milkhouse after large senior
- Awards moving to the baseball stadium :(
- Watching as an event staffer actively tried to give away two young girls seats as the mother pleaded (the girls had literally left their seats 30 second before to run to the bathroom,probably passed him as he swooped in to harass this mom) This man was incredibly rude! Especially as at this time there were seats available in the milkhouse, just not in the lower sections/stage side. Thankfully the group looking for seats was too polite to take the seats when there were other seats available.

I have shared this already in the discussion/update thread and will again here: all season long people on the fierceboard said that PCM Sm Sr needs to take out those underrotated fulls/doubles - they didn't listen - and I personally think, that is what kept them from making finals. They did have a couple of underrotated fulls/doubles during semis and with the deductions for that I guess that was enough for them to not move on to Sunday, especially since only 3 points separated them from a place in top 10. As sad as it is for the kids... I hope the coaches learned sth out of it.

And since I haven't seen all of the teams, I can't say anything about teams that did get an "unfair" placement, so I'll leave that to others...

It was not underrotated skills that kept us out, its was the dropped stunt and the OVER rotation of a double that contributed :) but truly we simply did not do the routine we were capable of.
Thank you to the original poster I was very sad as well that fantasy missed out but this team is ready to come back stronger then ever.
So proud of Karma...your routine was magical
So proud of Believe...two days of amazing energy
So proud of Mysterious 6th in the world...2013 we medal!!!!

What a great weekend of cheerleading much respect for all that went and gave thier heart and soul and left it on the mat !!!!

on Sunday before sm coed/med coed finals, there was a section of about 15 seats open, and the woman on one end said no one was sitting there. So I started to sit down, and this guy like JUMPS over about 5 seats to tell me I couldn't sit there. I ended up sitting in almost the exact same spot on the other side of the milkhouse...those seats stayed open for a while, and then I saw him stand up and leave...:mad:
So many stories like this...it was so annoying :/

Back