All-Star Shouldacouldawoulda

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

well after reading through all of the posts i see we are talking about teams, however i was hoping bc of the title it would be more about what wed like to change about this weekend and im going to go ahead and say this before i pop. HAVING EVERYONE WAIT OUTSIDE THE GATE/DOORS TO GET IN WAS THE DUMBEST IDEA THOSE PEOPLE HAD. two girls almost got trampled while everyone was running in to get a seat. just saying. that needs to never happen again..

I just noticed this but.. what happened to GymTyme Onyx for day 2? They placed top 10 on Friday, but didn't compete Saturday? Am I missing something here?
They competed Saturday and dropped a stunt. Don't remember where they placed but they definitely competed.

That reminds me - People aren't like that in Illinois. I was out at an upscale martini bar grabbing some drinks with some friends and we wanted a picture together. I tapped a girl on the shoulder and said "Excuse me, ma'am - Would you mind taking our picture?" while I handed her my phone. She looked at me and said "What the %^#$ did you just call me?" I said "Ma'am?" She responds with "I am not a ma'am" I said "Im sorry, I call everyone Sir or Ma'am, Im from the South" and she shrugged and went "Oh... Ok. Well give me the damned camera"

Good ole Illinois.
same thing happened to me in Maine. (and I'm a native Mainer, I just have manners.)

They competed Saturday and dropped a stunt. Don't remember where they placed but they definitely competed.
Oh that's kind of weird, I can't find their score anywhere on the board nor can I find them in the rankings on USASF's website (but whoever placed 15th is missing..).

Another rant; I wasn't too happy with people "saving seats" :banghead:
This is absolutely my BIGGEST pet peeve!!!!!!! I have stood at competitions where particular gym parents have blocked off entire rows for "their people" only to have seen 80% of those seats empty for MOST if not all of a competition.:banghead:

This is absolutely my BIGGEST pet peeve!!!!!!! I have stood at competitions where particular gym parents have blocked off entire rows for "their people" only to have seen 80% of those seats empty for MOST if not all of a competition.:banghead:
I will usually just ask them to let me sit there until "their people" return, promising to move at that time. Most of the time I am moving along before anyone comes back looking for a seat.

I had an experience like that while in Chicago, a woman told me to not call her ma'am. When I am at home and go anywhere I saw please and thank you when I do just about anything. If I am in a drive through I ask "can I please have a #2" and say thank you at the end. In Chicago you rarely get a please or a thank you at any time. It wasn't until that trip up there that I realized there is a such thing as southern hospitality.

I LOVE "please" and "thank you" - I think it's a necessity. When I used to nanny, I would teach my kids to say please and thank you from about the age of 2 - you're never too young to learn! ;)

Another rant; I wasn't too happy with people "saving seats" :banghead:

on Sunday before sm coed/med coed finals, there was a section of about 15 seats open, and the woman on one end said no one was sitting there. So I started to sit down, and this guy like JUMPS over about 5 seats to tell me I couldn't sit there. I ended up sitting in almost the exact same spot on the other side of the milkhouse...those seats stayed open for a while, and then I saw him stand up and leave...:mad:

Back