All-Star Spirit Of Texas And Top Gun Illegal Passes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Man, I get that this is many if you people's full time job so you can spend hours figuring all of this stuff out, but this is ridiculous. Does it really have to be this hard? Is it that the USASF cannot write rules that are clear and concise or is it that you professionals are just good at finding loopholes to be more competitive?

that means ace warriors too, jay hollman with a few others i believe do 2 to full whip doubles....

so wahts stupid is that

hand hand full whip double = illegal
hand hand dub whip double = legal....

so it skips a progression

Well, they don't HAVE to do a backwards roll...they could replace it with a back handspring or a whip. But that wasn't what the legality question was about. So...that was TG's choice to make it a backward roll....

So standing whip BHS dub is legal?

ACTUALLY YOUR WRONG! IM USASF CERTIFIED AND HAVE A GIRL ON MY SENIOR 5 Team who does whip full whip double and we've competed three times already and have not gotten deducted for it, read into your rules closely

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but the new rules are so puzzling to the judges that you're just getting away with it because they don't understand the rules anymore than we do.
I'd be I interested to see what happens at NCA or worlds.

Side note, let's not pretend getting USASF certified is that difficult. Using it to prove your rule interpreting prowess isn't actually helping your case any.
I'm USASF cert and I still get confused with grey areas, the verification process was a cakewalk.

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but the new rules are so puzzling to the judges that you're just getting away with it because they don't understand the rules anymore than we do.
I'd be I interested to see what happens at NCA or worlds.

Side note, let's not pretend getting USASF certified is that difficult. Using it to prove your rule interpreting prowess isn't actually helping your case any.
I'm USASF cert and I still get confused with grey areas, the verification process was a cakewalk.

*Certification process
On my phone :banghead:

OK, cartwheel full is ILLEGAL in level 5R. Cartwheel double is LEGAL in level 5.

I don't get why my level 3 team can cart tuck, but a level 5 team can cart dub.

Either decide that a cartwheel is standing or that it is running. I don't care either way, but it can't be both and sometimes neither.

This actually really pisses me off.

If you go forward it is running according to safety. Panel judging is different.

So level 4. Cartwheel tuck is legal as per running rules. But may be counted towards standing score.

Exceptions make cartwheel tucks illegal. Not because it's standing. Its because it is only legal from round off or hand spring.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I get how it's judged but it is total BS. Plain and simple. Bull.

I don't get why my level 3 team can cart tuck, but a level 5 team can cart dub.

Either decide that a cartwheel is standing or that it is running. I don't care either way, but it can't be both and sometimes neither.

This actually really pisses me off.

*Cant cart tuck

I hate touch keyboards!!!!!!!

Sorry to totally over post on this thread.

Anyways, I know we all want the rules brought back to what they were, but what are the chances of that actually happening.
Can someone be brutally honest with me? Can the USASF be grown ups and admit they were wrong?

Sorry to totally over post on this thread.

Anyways, I know we all want the rules brought back to what they were, but what are the chances of that actually happening.
Can someone be brutally honest with me? Can the USASF be grown ups and admit they were wrong?
Well seeing how there was no actually data collected to prove that the old rules were increasing injury there is no way to prove that the new rules are decreasing injuries. I highly doubt they will change, I feel there will just be a continuing flow of "clarifications" that just complicate things. The issue the rules makers are going to have is that the "grey area" is where good coaches (which I believe there are more good coaches multiplying year to year) separate themselves so they are going to have to keep updating their "clarifications".

Isn't the rules process this year though? Couldn't we change some stuff now if we wanted to? Hypothetically, of course. Seeing as there's that lovely 'final say' process that essentially says 'We know how you want things, but you're wrong.' :p

Back