All-Star Summer Musings

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just have to comment on your avatar...I love Vegas Vacation!!!
LOL! One of the most underated of the Vacation movies. (European Vacation should be shredded, burnt, and then flushed.) I just thought I needed an avatar since some of y'all are so suspicious. ;) I am not Beverly What'shername. :D

^And that is an excellent idea for Rays' Tinys: the Crayons! They could all wear bows of different colors.

Yes please!!! In all seriousness, I moved on from my ex-husband's affair 3 years ago quicker than most here have move on from Deedle!!! It's done. Lesson learned. Move on people.

I'd also like to say that some of these "veteran" posters should take a quick look at themselves. To me being a veteran means kindly and gently guiding new posters through this process even when the newbie isn't being so kind themselves. @Weezy and I don't always agree on everything but to me her post is exactly how veteran posters should be offering advice.

I would bet that if a simple apology would have been made long ago from whoadeedle to those people she hurt, the "moving on" would have been done, again, long ago. But from my understanding, that never happened. She just shows up again as another poster and acts like no harm, no foul because people like her as ZTA or whatever reincarnation she's come back as. To me, that's not cool. That doesn't pass my "decent human being" test.

She grew up and matured? Awesome. Mature people apologize for hurt they've caused to people in the past, especially when it was as egregious as things were in her case.

(This isn't necessarily directed at you but a jumping in comment) :)

I would bet that if a simple apology would have been made long ago from whoadeedle to those people she hurt, the "moving on" would have been done, again, long ago. But from my understanding, that never happened. She just shows up again as another poster and acts like no harm, no foul because people like her as ZTA or whatever reincarnation she's come back as. To me, that's not cool. That doesn't pass my "decent human being" test.

She grew up and matured? Awesome. Mature people apologize for hurt they've caused to people in the past, especially when it was as egregious as things were in her case.

I really do "hear" what you are saying. It's just mature people don't create fake aliases so I'm not sure why anyone is waiting for an apology. I'm not asking anyone to be her best friend but it's time just to move on.

I'd love to see an apology because I know exactly what would happen after, everyone would be running her off again screaming "You hurt me." I really don't get it. Just reading the thread where I stood up for her, I cringe at it. I have grown up so much just from that one thread two years ago. I wouldn't post half of the things I did in that thread if it were to happen today. Whoadeedle happened what, 4 years ago? Its obvious she hasn't tried to pretend to be anyone else. As ZTA she wasn't pretending to be coach, I am not even sure she was pretending to be an athlete (maybe a previous one). I am sure she has grown up since whoadeedle and so should some others. It really is time to get over it and stop trying to find her and "out" her. What is the point of it? So you can tell her for the thousandth time that she hurt you?

I'd love to see an apology because I know exactly what would happen after, everyone would be running her off again screaming "You hurt me." I really don't get it. Just reading the thread where I stood up for her, I cringe at it. I have grown up so much just from that one thread two years ago. I wouldn't post half of the things I did in that thread if it were to happen today. Whoadeedle happened what, 4 years ago? Its obvious she hasn't tried to pretend to be anyone else. As ZTA she wasn't pretending to be coach, I am not even sure she was pretending to be an athlete (maybe a previous one). I am sure she has grown up since whoadeedle and so should some others. It really is time to get over it and stop trying to find her and "out" her. What is the point of it? So you can tell her for the thousandth time that she hurt you?

Well, just in case she's reading all this and gives a crap about making things right... She should have apologized privately to the people whom she hurt, made amends to whatever degree possible. then she could have come on the main board and made a public apology. A truly heart-felt apology would have gone a long way. After that, whomever is still on her case, then that's on them because she apologized and tried to make things right.

As far as I know (I came on this board about a year or so after the fact), nothing even similar happened.

Sure, I get that people need to move on and I'm sure most have. But if I had been burned by this person and she came back as someone else and acted like nothing happened, I'd be pissed off too, and want her out of here. I think to some degree, that's human nature.

Just my thoughts. :)

Yes please!!! In all seriousness, I moved on from my ex-husband's affair 3 years ago quicker than most here have move on from Deedle!!! It's done. Lesson learned. Move on people.

I'd also like to say that some of these "veteran" posters should take a quick look at themselves. To me being a veteran means kindly and gently guiding new posters through this process even when the newbie isn't being so kind themselves. @Weezy and I don't always agree on everything but to me her post is exactly how veteran posters should be offering advice.

Completely agree with this. I've been on this board for.... 2 years I think and I still feel pretty intimidated by those who call themselves the veterans. There are unofficial "leaders" of this board who can often make it an unsettling environment for newbies and slightly more oldies alike. You know when you get a notification from one of them and your heart beats faster as the page loads because you're praying they aren't disagreeing with your posts. Yeah. That kind of unsettling.
That sounds a little melodramatic, but its pretty accurate for a lot of people round here.

This doesn't make their knowledge of cheer or their posts any less legitimate, but its like I'm in an american teen movie where the popular crew rule the roost and you are NOT allowed to sit at their lunch table.

I'm not gonna hope we can all bake a cake out of rainbows and smiles and we can all eat it and be happy though.

@Weezy is a great example of a veteran and I thank them for their supportive guidance and advice :)

Well, just in case she's reading all this and gives a crap about making things right... She should have apologized privately to the people whom she hurt, made amends to whatever degree possible. then she could have come on the main board and made a public apology. A truly heart-felt apology would have gone a long way. After that, whomever is still on her case, then that's on them because she apologized and tried to make things right.

As far as I know (I came on this board about a year or so after the fact), nothing even similar happened.

Sure, I get that people need to move on and I'm sure most have. But if I had been burned by this person and she came back as someone else and acted like nothing happened, I'd be pissed off too, and want her out of here. I think to some degree, that's human nature.

Just my thoughts. :)
If you just happen to find out, that is one thing, but all I have seen on here is witch hunts that are now prosecuting innocent people. That's what I don't get. Why do we need to go out of our way to make people prove who they are just so we know it isn't whoadeedle? That doesn't really seem like most people have moved on.

No. So that people who weren't around don't fall for the same mess. I really was not a fan of the "outing" 2 years ago (anyone who's read the thread knows that). But to just keep coming back as a new person is psycho. Personally, I like to know right away when I'm dealing with crazy.

It's not so much to say to her "you hurt people and we're still upset" - because truthfully I'm in the camp of "I really couldn't care less about your hurt feelings from 4 years ago" (like CharlotteASMom said - I got over my ex husband faster than that). It's more of a "Uuuuuggghhhh. Seriously, go away. You're crazy and it's annoying. STAAAAAAAAHP."

Sorry... even if she's not doing like she did before and actually defrauding people, it's annoying. People keep saying we need to let it go, but I'm gonna go ahead and say SHE needs to let it go. Move on... get therapy... take some meds... learn to love yourself... do whatever. But for real, spending YEARS of your life creating fake personalities on a message board is bananas.

I think the mentality behind the "outing" is not so much to have a public stoning (although I'll admit it does turn into that), but to let her know we know. Most people don't like to feel as though they're being laughed at or made to look stupid - every time she is outed, I think it's more people saying, "Nope. I am not the one. You aren't fooling me with this tired game."

Lastly, I'm not apologizing for anything. A picture and a random name don't prove anything. However, I'm not asking for proof of anything. No one on here owes anyone that - if y'all started saying I was zta, and that I needed to prove I wasn't, I would have a good laugh and keep it moving. You either know me in real life or you don't. But we're just letting her know... we see. I don't care of its zta or not. If something is off, it's off - and I'm filing it away and not getting sucked in.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

So I don't need sunglasses for all the shade being thrown my way. I'll go ahead and take the high road.

@Jennie

You've made it clear to me that I am uncivil and owe you an apology. I did make one joke WAY in the beginning of this conversation that apparently you didn't think was funny. As I mentioned to you privately, I'm not sure why an apology is necessary since I never weighed in publicly on any concerns I had. I shared those with you privately. And your responses assured me my concerns were unfounded and I'm good with that, as I told you. And as I also told you, you should really care less what my opinion is. I'm not anyone important. So I'm not truly understanding why I'm such a horrible, uncivil individual who takes little care or concern for my posts (even though anyone who knows me knows that's patently untrue) but clearly you have been offended by me to the point that you're not letting it go without a public apology.

Therefore, I apologize for whatever wrong doing I visited upon you. Again I never called you out, we had that discussion in private, which I would consider the civil thing to do. But at this point I'm ready to take full responsibility for whatever offenses you've taken from me just to set your mind at ease and help you to move on.

And I'd appreciate a stand down on the "veterans are bullies that scare me" shade throwing in my direction since I make it a point to be as professional and positive as I can possibly be on the boards.

Hopefully this satisfies you so we can move on.

No. So that people who weren't around don't fall for the same mess. I really was not a fan of the "outing" 2 years ago (anyone who's read the thread knows that). But to just keep coming back as a new person is psycho. Personally, I like to know right away when I'm dealing with crazy.

It's not so much to say to her "you hurt people and we're still upset" - because truthfully I'm in the camp of "I really couldn't care less about your hurt feelings from 4 years ago" (like CharlotteASMom said - I got over my ex husband faster than that). It's more of a "Uuuuuggghhhh. Seriously, go away. You're crazy and it's annoying. STAAAAAAAAHP."

Sorry... even if she's not doing like she did before and actually defrauding people, it's annoying. People keep saying we need to let it go, but I'm gonna go ahead and say SHE needs to let it go. Move on... get therapy... take some meds... learn to love yourself... do whatever. But for real, spending YEARS of your life creating fake personalities on a message board is bananas.

I think the mentality behind the "outing" is not so much to have a public stoning (although I'll admit it does turn into that), but to let her know we know. Most people don't like to feel as though they're being laughed at or made to look stupid - every time she is outed, I think it's more people saying, "Nope. I am not the one. You aren't fooling me with this tired game."

Lastly, I'm not apologizing for anything. A picture and a random name don't prove anything. However, I'm not asking for proof of anything. No one on here owes anyone that - if y'all started saying I was zta, and that I needed to prove I wasn't, I would have a good laugh and keep it moving. You either know me in real life or you don't. But we're just letting her know... we see. I don't care of its zta or not. If something is off, it's off - and I'm filing it away and not getting sucked in.

I agree with most of what you are saying. I just don't get the witch hunt mentality. If you have no clue it is her, are you really any worse off than you were before? Especially if she isn't doing anything to hurt anyone and hasn't in the past 4 years? Why do we need to go and harass anyone who might have a post that sounds like something she would say?

So I don't need sunglasses for all the shade being thrown my way. I'll go ahead and take the high road.

@Jennie

You've made it clear to me that I am uncivil and owe you an apology. I did make one joke WAY in the beginning of this conversation that apparently you didn't think was funny. As I mentioned to you privately, I'm not sure why an apology is necessary since I never weighed in publicly on any concerns I had. I shared those with you privately. And your responses assured me my concerns were unfounded and I'm good with that, as I told you. And as I also told you, you should really care less what my opinion is. I'm not anyone important. So I'm not truly understanding why I'm such a horrible, uncivil individual who takes little care or concern for my posts (even though anyone who knows me knows that's patently untrue) but clearly you have been offended by me to the point that you're not letting it go without a public apology.

Therefore, I apologize for whatever wrong doing I visited upon you. Again I never called you out, we had that discussion in private, which I would consider the civil thing to do. But at this point I'm ready to take full responsibility for whatever offenses you've taken from me just to set your mind at ease and help you to move on.

And I'd appreciate a stand down on the "veterans are bullies that scare me" shade throwing in my direction since I make it a point to be as professional and positive as I can possibly be on the boards.

Hopefully this satisfies you so we can move on.

I never in any way was talking about you when I was making that post. I wasn't talking about any one in particular, just showing that the heirarchy can be upsetting sometimes.
I don't believe I have ever said you were uncivil.

I have accepted the fact that I won't receive a public apology NOR do I expect one.

Nothing about my posts have been remotely about you.

Edit - you have always been positive and civil to me and all other posters on this board for the most part which is exactly why you didn't even spring to mind. You were also civil to me in the PM and respected my views as well.

Last edited:
Back