All-Star Shouldacouldawoulda

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I guarantee you if you were raised in a barn you would have better manners than that. Don't forget that people like that down south call everyone sir and ma m cause their mother raised them up right. :D

That reminds me - People aren't like that in Illinois. I was out at an upscale martini bar grabbing some drinks with some friends and we wanted a picture together. I tapped a girl on the shoulder and said "Excuse me, ma'am - Would you mind taking our picture?" while I handed her my phone. She looked at me and said "What the %^#$ did you just call me?" I said "Ma'am?" She responds with "I am not a ma'am" I said "Im sorry, I call everyone Sir or Ma'am, Im from the South" and she shrugged and went "Oh... Ok. Well give me the damned camera"

Good ole Illinois.

I agree with your post on large senior. The placements were correct, but why was Stars dance score a 51 when F5 was 56 and Senior Elite was 57?...Even with the dance stars did on the first day I do not feel that they deserved a score so much lower than the other two, but, I'm not they judges and obviously the judges loved SEs dance, which I just found hard to really get into, with F5 and WCSS having such crowd pleasing dances.

WC and F5 are always straight up sick in dance!

I may be totally wrong (I'm not a coach), but I think the score was more for the actual dance itself...and less for the performance. I am sure our girls' performance on day 2 helped. It was much better than day one IMHO. But, gratefully, Eric Little created a dance that flowed well and had multiple levels. It was also very clean and tight. So, thanks Eric and the coaches, it reflected well in the score!

At first I was against the whole leggings as apart of comptitive uniform thing, until I actually tried tumbling in them and the are really easy to move around in. I vote leggings for World 2013!

Remember you'll never like something until you try it :)

As THAT GIRL who gets over hot and will boo hoo cry because of it, I don't think I could make it through. I mean, I'm havin a heat stroke in a half top and a skirt... Pants would have me crying like a baby.

That reminds me - People aren't like that in Illinois. I was out at an upscale martini bar grabbing some drinks with some friends and we wanted a picture together. I tapped a girl on the shoulder and said "Excuse me, ma'am - Would you mind taking our picture?" while I handed her my phone. She looked at me and said "What the %^#$ did you just call me?" I said "Ma'am?" She responds with "I am not a ma'am" I said "Im sorry, I call everyone Sir or Ma'am, Im from the South" and she shrugged and went "Oh... Ok. Well give me the damned camera"

Good ole Illinois.
I used to think that going to south is the best manners you will ever receive, and while people are still generally more friendly (example: I was at a gas station this morning and had a 10 minute conversation with the random guy next to me about our cars gas milage...try that in NY and you would get crazy looks.) I am starting to see the manners thing go out the window which is just awful...

I used to think that going to south is the best manners you will ever receive, and while people are still generally more friendly (example: I was at a gas station this morning and had a 10 minute conversation with the random guy next to me about our cars gas milage...try that in NY and you would get crazy looks.) I am starting to see the manners thing go out the window which is just awful...
I went to Knoxville for Christmas this past year to see my dad. My aunt took me to Taco Bell to get food for our whole family, and we ended up having a 10+ minute convo with the guy working behind the counter. He was genuinely so nice, it was so surprising to me,.

I went to Knoxville for Christmas this past year to see my dad. My aunt took me to Taco Bell to get food for our whole family, and we ended up having a 10+ minute convo with the guy working behind the counter. He was genuinely so nice, it was so surprising to me,.
Thats what I love about it here, you can have a conversation with anybody about anything. No one finds it creepy that just the way it is. You get in the elevator and most likely will talk about something so let me tell you its weird going up north and getting in an elevator where no one talks.

WC and F5 are always straight up sick in dance!

I may be totally wrong (I'm not a coach), but I think the score was more for the actual dance itself...and less for the performance. I am sure our girls' performance on day 2 helped. It was much better than day one IMHO. But, gratefully, Eric Little created a dance that flowed well and had multiple levels. It was also very clean and tight. So, thanks Eric and the coaches, it reflected well in the score!
okay, thanks for the inside scoop! I appreciate it! :) you have a good point!

Darn you beat me to him. I'll have to settle for his favorite cousin.
:georgia:
Hey how come some of you have all these cool emoticons that I am missing....I WANT A PINK CAT, a puppy dog and a smiley face that nods yes. Can someone get right on that?

I lovedddddd the legging, im thinking my cp would look cute in them lol. I bet it makes it easier to tumble, jump, stunt. I say everyone wear leggings for worlds 2013!!!!!
My daughter would look really cute in them too...then again she is 12 years old with not an ounce of fat on her and 5 foot 7 inches to boot, there isn't much she doesn't look good in. I am still not sure I would want to see this become a trend...maybe they need to stay away from white capri's. Maybe black?

Good ole Illinois.

I had an experience like that while in Chicago, a woman told me to not call her ma'am. When I am at home and go anywhere I saw please and thank you when I do just about anything. If I am in a drive through I ask "can I please have a #2" and say thank you at the end. In Chicago you rarely get a please or a thank you at any time. It wasn't until that trip up there that I realized there is a such thing as southern hospitality.

Good ole Illinois.

I'm thoroughly amused all threads return to Illinois. It's like the 7 degrees of separation theory with Kevin Bacon.....wait! Footloose, Ren McCormack was from Chicago! It strikes again!!!!!

I had an experience like that while in Chicago, a woman told me to not call her ma'am. When I am at home and go anywhere I saw please and thank you when I do just about anything. If I am in a drive through I ask "can I please have a #2" and say thank you at the end. In Chicago you rarely get a please or a thank you at any time. It wasn't until that trip up there that I realized there is a such thing as southern hospitality.
I dont think ive ever not said thank you after someone gives me my food. I feel weird when I dont like I left the conversation open ended or something.

I live in NJ and as much as I love my state...there really is such a thing as Southern Hospitality. When I was in Alabama last summer there was not one young person who did not follow up a question with yes mam or no mam. You won't find that in NJ. However, I would also like to clarify we are not all rude, nor are we all italian, swear and wear spandex with HUGE poof's...just sayin'

I dont think ive ever not said thank you after someone gives me my food. I feel weird when I dont like I left the conversation open ended or something.

I have a friend who is from NY and when he visits and we go somewhere and I order my food he always laughs because when I order I say "may I please have...". I can't help but do it because if I don't I feel like I was rude.

I think that is why I don't go to many competitions and am sort of glad I didn't go to worlds. I absolutely dislike rude people with no manners more then anything. I am the type of person though that would call someone out for being rude or disrespectful. I was at a Jamfest competition once and the person in front of me got up and stood on the chair in a squating position so I tapped him on the shoulder and asked if he could please get down I couldn't see. I am only 5'0 tall so it doesn't take much for me to not be able to see. He got rude with me and said he could do whatever he wanted. After a few minutes I tapped him on the shoulder again and said again that I would really appreciate it if he would please get down so I could see the teams I drove over an hour for to see. Again he rolled his eyes and told me to shush. Well that was enough for me, I think grabbed the chair and tipped it forward so he almost fell right on his face. He then sat in the chair like a normal person. Needless to say don't be rude or I will either call you out or make sure you listen to me the next time I ask.

Good ole Illinois.
One of my moms good friends tells me calling her Ma'am is the same as cussing at her, she hates it. But where I'm from its just normal. Gotta love southern hospitality.

Back