All-Star Shouldacouldawoulda

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The rude people that kept getting up and walking up and down the stairs in the middle of performances. Seriously. Kids: Who raised you?!!? Parents: YOU'RE AN ADULT AND YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER. Next year, I'm just sitting on the end and tripping people. Then when you roll down the stairs, I'm just going to give you the same deer in headlights look you gave me.

Nothing to do with Results, but since we're ranting, I thought I'd throw it in.
I thankfully did not see as big a problem as I did at NCA. In some cases it was on the staff (Disney I assume). I know at one point my daughter and her clan got stuck moving between performances, so they just sat down. A staff member said they needed to move because it was not an approved seating spot. They mentioned they didn't want to move during the performance, but he said he didn't care.

One of my moms good friends tells me calling her Ma'am is the same as cussing at her, she hates it. But where I'm from its just normal. Gotta love southern hospitality.
I even say yes ma'am and yes sir to my kids...force of southern habit I think. "mom can I have the last roll? Yes, sir, just put your dish in the sink." totally normal 12step household conversation.

For the record I was born in Pittsburgh, lived in Texas, Ohio and Michigan but moved to NC as a freshman....I must be fully assimilated.

I even say yes ma'am and yes sir to my kids...force of southern habit I think. "mom can I have the last roll? Yes, sir, just put your dish in the sink." totally normal 12step household conversation.

For the record I was born in Pittsburgh, lived in Texas, Ohio and Michigan but moved to NC as a freshman....I must be fully assimilated.
I'm from Statesville, so im not to far from you.. But I'm happy to be blessed with the southern charm I must say

My hubby is from Illinois. We went to visit his family a few summers ago and they thought it would be hilarious to bring me to every tourist trap restaurant in Chicago. The ones where the waiters are extremely rude just for fun. It was not fun. And I have an awesome sense of humor!

Lol the ma'am convo has me laughing. Everyone I know around here (New England) would likely fight you if you called them ma'am. At 24, I would be appalled if someone called me ma'am. Around here it's a term used to describe, or talk to elderly folk. If I want to aggravate my mother, I'll answer with a "yes ma'am!" and she'll be all, "don't call me that, I'm not that old!" I'm all about the please & thank you's, but the ma'am stuff made me laugh. Sorry, continue on with your regularly scheduled shouldcouldawoulda thread...

Let's admit it: we all want our teams to bring home the gold. While I admit to wanting TG to win large, I also give props to Cheetahs for being amazingly consistent in their awesomeness all year. Congrats to them; I am a fan :). I do believe that the three teams that medaled earned top three with their amazing routines. As for the not so subtle questioning of over rewarding...isn't that all laid out on the score sheets?
So are actual level 5 stunts...or so I thought

They were amazing! I got a picture with 2 of the GBE girls and they were both so excited that I asked to take a picture with them! They were great! It just shows that next year they'll be even better and wanting to get in the top 3!
I got them on video day 2 and they were so good

Yeah I will say the thing that bothered me the most this weekend is that true coed, unassited stunts, were not awarded the way I feel they should have been. Those teams that did them should have scored higher then the teams that didn't. Now I have not seen actual scoresheets from these teams so I don't know how they all compared, but look at some of the results for divisions and scores it makes me believe that it wasn't awarded the way I felt it should be. I'm not a judge though so my opinion on it doesn't really matter much. I just love seeing the teams with actual unassited stunts that are not just presses to an extension. ACX, CEA Coed Elite, Cheetahs, Stingray Fire, and the other select teams that did them won me over.

I just noticed this but.. what happened to GymTyme Onyx for day 2? They placed top 10 on Friday, but didn't compete Saturday? Am I missing something here?

Back