All-Star Worlds Day 3 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just calculated, ive been watching for about 38 hours of cheer competition the last few days! Whoohoo! Just a few more hours to go and then finally getting a little bit of sleep. Tuesdaymorning i need to be early at physical therapy, that's gonna hurt!

I don't know any details but I just saw on CU twitter that an athlete from Midwest Cheer Elite is in the ICU at the children's hospital in Orlando. Major prayers being sent to the athlete and all involved!!!

ETA: just went on MWCE FB page and it says the doctors believe the athlete has toxic shock syndrome! Majors prayers being sent her way!!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Indeed, i heard from their coach One of the other kids came to wake her up. The girl had fever and was vomiting. They first thought she had been eating something wrong but in the hospital they discovered she had a toxis shock. The other girls competed without her, they didnt have an alternate, so they had to redo the whole routine. Sending my prayers to the whole team and especially aly!

Hoping that everyone hits clean routines and no more athletes are injured or sent to the hospital ! Good luck to all competing today and so sad I have to work and can't keep up with it today

I've got a question. I was looking at the schedule for today and I saw there were world champion performances in between competition. But then LAG and large coed won't have these performances?

I think it's in case ESPN missed any of the World champion performances (I think this happened last year), so they're having them all perform again outside. Presumably they will film every performance there (as it's the only place things are happening), which means they will definitely get all of large senior and coed too.

I don't know any details but I just saw on CU twitter that an athlete from Midwest Cheer Elite is in the ICU at the children's hospital in Orlando. Major prayers being sent to the athlete and all involved!!!

ETA: just went on MWCE FB page and it says the doctors believe the athlete has toxic shock syndrome! Majors prayers being sent her way!!!

From her coach:
Asking for prayers... our Diamond Katz, Small Sr Coed team, was excited to compete at Worlds but early Sunday morning, late Saturday night around 3am one of our athletes woke me up to say Ally was very ill and couldn't stop shaking. Since it was so late, my husband went down to the room and within minutes called to say I needed to get down there. When I arrived Ally was burning up, vomiting profusely... so we thought it might be a stomach virus. Within minutes she became unresponsive, was life squaded to a hospital near Disney and Sunday morning transferred to another hospital. She was put in ICU just a few hours ago as they cannot get her stabilized. They believe she has Toxic Shock Syndrome and they've put in a central line.

The Diamond Katz team took the floor with 19 athletes, as we had no alternates and obviously when you've trained a routine to be laid out a certain way, taking an athlete off and reworking it all in an hour isn't ideal... so hence to say, things didn't go well. But tonight, when we told them all she had been put in ICU, the performance meant nothing... they were only concerned with their teammate.

Our "competitors" not only showed concern but are keeping her in their prayers and offering their support. So, in an industry where there can be a lack of ethics and a sense of pettiness... I'm here to tell you that there are gym owners, coaches, parents and athletes who can truly see past the uniform and see another human being... and for that I am grateful. In the meantime, please pray for Ally and we will keep you posted on her condition.

After spending 16 hours in the mike house then driving two hours home, I found out I have a work meeting at 8 on my day off that I plan to lay in bed and watch finals. Thank goodness large senior finals isn't in the morning I would have quicked the meeting and hope I didn't get fired.

Is there an official list of scores somewhere? If there are and someone can point me in the right direction I'll copy the missing ones into the Google doc

From her coach:
Asking for prayers... our Diamond Katz, Small Sr Coed team, was excited to compete at Worlds but early Sunday morning, late Saturday night around 3am one of our athletes woke me up to say Ally was very ill and couldn't stop shaking. Since it was so late, my husband went down to the room and within minutes called to say I needed to get down there. When I arrived Ally was burning up, vomiting profusely... so we thought it might be a stomach virus. Within minutes she became unresponsive, was life squaded to a hospital near Disney and Sunday morning transferred to another hospital. She was put in ICU just a few hours ago as they cannot get her stabilized. They believe she has Toxic Shock Syndrome and they've put in a central line.

The Diamond Katz team took the floor with 19 athletes, as we had no alternates and obviously when you've trained a routine to be laid out a certain way, taking an athlete off and reworking it all in an hour isn't ideal... so hence to say, things didn't go well. But tonight, when we told them all she had been put in ICU, the performance meant nothing... they were only concerned with their teammate.

Our "competitors" not only showed concern but are keeping her in their prayers and offering their support. So, in an industry where there can be a lack of ethics and a sense of pettiness... I'm here to tell you that there are gym owners, coaches, parents and athletes who can truly see past the uniform and see another human being... and for that I am grateful. In the meantime, please pray for Ally and we will keep you posted on her condition.

Wow!!! Poor girl!!!! Major prayers being sent her way and to her family and teammates!!!!

I'm seriously contemplating setting my alarm to 3:30 am in order to watch large senior finals... #timezonetroubles

Maybe you can go to bed early and then just watch Larger Senior?
I'm so happy right now even though i'm really tired - new boss gave me a day off tomorrow :)

Maybe you can go to bed early and then just watch Larger Senior?
I'm so happy right now even though i'm really tired - new boss gave me a day off tomorrow :)

Gahh, lucky you!
I would take tomorrow (morning) off but then I just came back from a week long holiday and my colleague is taking tomorrow and the day after off.

I thought about staying up but I don't think, I can make it. I get way too tired especially with practice in the evening.

I am considering what @EnglishRose might be doing and not watch it. then rush to work super early, not look at Facebook, Fierceboard or anything other than the VOD and relive it in the privacy of my office. :D

I guess it'll depend on whether my alarmclock will wake me up (can't turn the volume up too much or my boyfriend might actually kill me ;) ).

Just saw on Good Morning America about the fatal tornados across the Midwest last night specifically Little Rock, Arkansas. Praying for all families involved. I don't know if any gyms at worlds right now are from or near that area but if so praying big time for them!!

Back