All-Star Worlds Day 3 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Goodmorning y'all! :) Can't wait to juggle watching worlds with my online homeschooling, and play practice that runs right through small/large coed finals! :deadhorse:

Confusion on my part.. Are the top ten in Sm Sr and Sm Coed from Saturday competing against yesterday's top 10?

From her coach:
Asking for prayers... our Diamond Katz, Small Sr Coed team, was excited to compete at Worlds but early Sunday morning, late Saturday night around 3am one of our athletes woke me up to say Ally was very ill and couldn't stop shaking. Since it was so late, my husband went down to the room and within minutes called to say I needed to get down there. When I arrived Ally was burning up, vomiting profusely... so we thought it might be a stomach virus. Within minutes she became unresponsive, was life squaded to a hospital near Disney and Sunday morning transferred to another hospital. She was put in ICU just a few hours ago as they cannot get her stabilized. They believe she has Toxic Shock Syndrome and they've put in a central line.

The Diamond Katz team took the floor with 19 athletes, as we had no alternates and obviously when you've trained a routine to be laid out a certain way, taking an athlete off and reworking it all in an hour isn't ideal... so hence to say, things didn't go well. But tonight, when we told them all she had been put in ICU, the performance meant nothing... they were only concerned with their teammate.

Our "competitors" not only showed concern but are keeping her in their prayers and offering their support. So, in an industry where there can be a lack of ethics and a sense of pettiness... I'm here to tell you that there are gym owners, coaches, parents and athletes who can truly see past the uniform and see another human being... and for that I am grateful. In the meantime, please pray for Ally and we will keep you posted on her condition.
Please keep us updated...this is a mothers worst nightmare. Is her mom with her? My heart just breaks for all involved.

Confusion on my part.. Are the top ten in Sm Sr and Sm Coed from Saturday competing against yesterday's top 10?
Saturday's top 10 from each senior division (small and medium divisions) competed against all the paid bid teams yesterday. Top 10 from yesterday compete today.

Super annoying I know but I have a class from 10-12 today to review for my final ... If someone can pretty please record FCA diamonds for me I will give you shimmys everyday for the rest of my life ... Karma returns people ... Do a good deed and perhaps the odds will be ever in your favor!

So I planned to get a whole load of revision done this morning so I didn't feel guilty about watching worlds all afternoon/evening/night but I just made myself multiple colour-coded timetables instead...
Also hoping that one of the arenas is running off time again today so I can watch the end of IO5 and Beatles and Coventry :help:

Starting a new thread for today's updates.

Here is the updated schedule for today.

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/2013 Website/Worlds/docs/USASF_14_Worlds_Cheer_Performance-Order.pdf

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

can I make a request? would ya'll be ever so kind to start a thread just for results? I'm probably going to miss all of small senior, and I have a feeling by the time I get back ya'll will have upwards of 30-40 pages already. My ADD doesn't allow for the patience to scroll through all that to find results :D

Popular question on twitter and I don't know the answer either (and need to):

Anyone know when the gates open for the baseball field?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back