All-Star Worlds Day 3 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just curious as to why people think placements were off. Besides IOC6 I think the winners were spot on and I thought most of the top 10 placements were where they should have been too.
Winners mostly all spot on for me also. Placements for the most part also spot on in retrospect. I think I'm the moment a lot of emotion when into the thinking who should have placed higher or not

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Laney for Cali coed dad posted that they just found out that she has been competing on a broken ankle since nca... Whaaat
...How the heck do you NOT know that??! I fractured my middle finger when I was 12-13 and I knew IMMEDIATELY that something was wrong. I landed on it, felt a sharp shooting pain and immediate swelling. I stood up, ran to the fridge and grabbed an ice pack. I started crying.

3 mini fractures and I knew in 10 seconds. How can you break an ankle and not know for MONTHS?!

...How the heck do you NOT know that??! I fractured my middle finger when I was 12-13 and I knew IMMEDIATELY that something was wrong. I landed on it, felt a sharp shooting pain and immediate swelling. I stood up, ran to the fridge and grabbed an ice pack. I started crying.

3 mini fractures and I knew in 10 seconds. How can you break an ankle and not know for MONTHS?!

To be fair I had a fractured ankle for 4 months back when I was in ninth grade and on a J5 team and had no idea about it until I went to the doctors for my other ankle as it was sprained and the doctor was comparing my ankles and noticed my left ankle didn't look right, sent me for X-rays and BAM fractured in three different spots.

Maybe she just ignored it since she was in competition season? I ran a half marathon last weekend with a hurt foot but I stupidly wanted to do it no matter what, turns out I had a small break. Slightly different, but who knows. That's still crazy though.

That girls a trooper

trying not to reply to all this but this just irked me. the point of hitting a "boring routine" (which imo was my favorite routine because it APPEALS TO ME, A FAN, like you all, a fan of the other teams) is because clean scores higher than flashy. I don't get why worlds has been around for 11 years and yet nobody has figured that out and out of those 11 years orange has won 8 of them. and lets remember that those teams performed early on sunday and orange was still in 1st. So your theory on having them compete earlier may or may not have changed anything. Orange had the highest raw on both days. So you are wrong about "nothing remarkable about playing it safe" they got a ring out of it. And there was nothing safe about their routine, it was full of difficulty and it all around hit well and clean. Orange got the SAME treatment as every other team there and shoot they were the LAST team to go on that night.

And to everyone saying how "these teams never bomb at worlds its the USASF's fault" orange has never bombed at NCA or placed lower than 2nd but guess what they did. Mistakes happen and they used that as motivation for worlds, and you know what? Every other team in this division will use this as motivation for next year. It honestly kills me that you all cannot be happy for a team winning. It's really not even that hard. I did not sit here 2 months ago and make up excuses for why orange looked a mess at NCA. Having orange and peach in this division the past 2 years has made me grow a HUGE amount of respect for these teams and what they put out, if orange didn't win, it would have been because they didn't hit or another team(or teams) were better. You congratulate them and move on.

And when it comes to "boring" routines. As i stated earlier you may have found it boring, but i found it as my favorite routine in that division and one of my favorite routines of year(along with all our other teams) because i like their style, just like you all like the other teams style. I may not be rooting for the other teams to win, but i sure as heck would show them respect and be happy for them because in the end they EARNED it. I sat there in the new fierce board section(i guess you could call it that) and cheered on EVERY large senior team(and i have TEAL/STARS fans on here to prove it) because i truly enjoy that division and want those teams to put on a showing. Seriously just grow up and give credit when its due for once instead of tearing teams apart. You will NEVER see a stingray routine built to please a crowd. The crowd doesn't score them.
Okay, I understand your point entirely and I want to clarify that my 'boring routine' comment wasn't about Orange. It wasn't about any team in particular. It was in response to the comment that said "It doesn't matter how "freaking awesome flavorful unique fabulous spicy" a routine is if a team can't hit it." What I'm saying is that playing it safe (to an extent) isn't always best. Yes, a clean routine can be challenging to athletes to perform, but what's challenging and also fun for both athletes and fans is getting creative and trying something new. Where would cheer be if nobody tried anything new? The fact that the person who made the comment I was responding to was proud of Orange had nothing to do with what I said.

I appreciate your thought out reply. I can only speak for myself, but I'm never rooting against a team. There are performances and routines I want to d better than others, but I would never want a team to take the mat and fail. There are coaches I loathe and programs I don't like, but I would never wish ill on their athlete's performances. Just because i'm bummed my favorite team didn't get first doesn't mean I'm not happy for the team that did. Everyone has favorites and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I might find a routine boring that someone else thinks is thrilling, and vice versa. I stand by what I said about how the teams should have been competing earlier. I don't think it was fair for any of the athletes to have to perform that late at night. If they competed earlier, who knows what would have happened. There's a good chance the rankings would be the same. There's also a chance they would be different. I understand Orange's victory wasn't a fluke. They earned it. They worked hard, as did everybody else. It messes with everyone's mindset when they keep being delayed and jerked around like that.

I walked around for 3+ weeks with a broken arm and I was doing everything with it - lifting stuff, etc - because my other arm was also broken and actually in a cast. Finally three weeks later my mom was like "okay your arm still looks weird we're gonna have to have them x ray it again."

Awww thanks! We did too. They really had a great performance. It is really tough being a "newer team" and performing early in the division. They (and everyone at the field) know they were amazing. Next year will be their year.

They had an awesome performance! Can't wait to see them next season!!

I walked around for 3+ weeks with a broken arm and I was doing everything with it - lifting stuff, etc - because my other arm was also broken and actually in a cast. Finally three weeks later my mom was like "okay your arm still looks weird we're gonna have to have them x ray it again."

did they put you in 2 casts?

I actually think Orange, and other Rays teams, have stepped out of their box and upped the performance factor a little more in the past few years. I like that they put out difficult routines, perform enough, for me at least, without it being over the top, and are still quite clean in general.

same! i walked around for 3 days with a broken leg(i thought it was a really bad pulled muscle) then finally it popped out of place lol.

did they put you in 2 casts?
100_4512.jpg

(The middle school struggle is real :oops: )

Laney from Cali coeds dad posted that they just found out that she has been competing on a broken ankle since nca... Whaaat
the worstttt! I did the same thing a few years ago and it was misdiagnosed (xray) twice as a sprain. Something was just off..still kept hurting a lot and didn't feel right. Had an MRI got the results after worlds and I had broken it and that was end of november-first week of may to get that result..Needless to say it didn't heal properly and still sucks lol

I broke my ankle Nov 1, went to the ER that night and it was confirmed broke . I knew it was broke the second I did it because I heard it break as I fell down. lol I never fully told anyone that I knew personally how I did it but I broke it skipping like a skip-it with a hula hoop (sp?) haha.

They told me it was broken and put it in a splint and gave me crutches. They told me it probably would need surgery and to use the crutches for 3-5 days and then see an orthopedic surgeon. I'm sorry I'm not physically capable of using crutches. I threw them in my car and walked on the splint. (You should of seen the looks I got)
The splint was like falling apart and luckily a girl at our gym just got out of a broken ankle and had an extra air cast walking boot that she didn't use. So I never went to have it looked at again.

It fit perfectly and I used the boot for over 2 months. Finally took it off after New Years and it swells up every time I'm on my feet. Like my ankle looks like a softball everyday. It actually hurts. I kept the boot in my trunk for emergencies because I'm now all the sudden real clumsy and have fell like 8 times since then.
Day 1 of UCA I actually hurt my ankle so bad I was limping the whole time and I could barely walk. I went to my car that night when we got back to the resort and got my boot! I wore it the rest of the day and the whole next day but haven't used it since. I know sometimes people just don't know for sure and maybe think of it as a lesser injury and treat it for a few days as it appears to be better so I can totally see how it happened. If I didn't hear it break I honestly wouldn't have went to the ER but I was in tears and couldn't walk on it right after and had to crawl to my car/ crawl down the driveway and everything. Talk about embarrassing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back