All-Star Nca - Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok maybe I missed something but did Cali Black Ops get 3rd or 2nd? I know i read 3rd, but everybody is talking about the first place tie, yet nobody mentions who gets 2nd?
technically we got second, but because there were 2 teams that were above us, we were announced as 3rd. There was only a .2 difference between first and second!!!!

I was wondering the same thing....
They announced at-large Summit bids at the awards ceremonies throughout the day (at least at the ones I was at), and then some of the at-larges that were announced during those ceremonies turned into the paids that were announced in the arena Sunday night. I don't know if a list has been posted yet.

They announced at-large Summit bids at the awards ceremonies throughout the day (at least at the ones I was at), and then some of the at-larges that were announced during those ceremonies turned into the paids that were announced in the arena Sunday night. I don't know if a list has been posted yet.
Thanks!!

The At-Large Summit Bids were given to every National Champion in every Summit-eligible division. The Paid Bid Winners were selectd from that list.

technically we got second, but because there were 2 teams that were above us, we were announced as 3rd. There was only a .2 difference between first and second!!!!
In most sports when there is a tie for first, no second place trophy/medal is awarded. Since Black Ops was beaten by 2 teams that would make them third, so NCA announced them as third and then announced a tie for first. Irregardless, congrats to all three teams, they were amazing and so much fun to watch!

In most sports when there is a tie for first, no second place trophy/medal is awarded. Since Black Ops was beaten by 2 teams that would make them third, so NCA announced them as third and then announced a tie for first. Irregardless, congrats to all three teams, they were amazing and so much fun to watch!
This is one of my pet peeves. It comes up a lot, and is often misunderstood, IMO. I look at it like this:

If you are third in line at a restaurant, and the two people ahead of you decide to stand side-by-side, you don't magically become second in line. There may only be 1 "distance" ahead of you that is used up, but you are still third.

That doesn't change the fact that you should be proud of how your team did. It is just semantics, but it flares up my OCD side when EPs bump everyone up a spot because of a tie.

This is one of my pet peeves. It comes up a lot, and is often misunderstood, IMO. I look at it like this:

If you are third in line at a restaurant, and the two people ahead of you decide to stand side-by-side, you don't magically become second in line. There may only be 1 "distance" ahead of you that is used up, but you are still third.

That doesn't change the fact that you should be proud of how your team did. It is just semantics, but it flares up my OCD side when EPs bump everyone up a spot because of a tie.
I am a math person so numbers are my thing and it bugs me as well, hence why I felt the need to respond, LOL! Also I was a runner in both high school and college and every time 2 people finished in front of me I was 3rd, didn't matter if they were a dead heat or not ;).
I will say I really enjoyed watching this division on both Saturday and Sunday, and was impressed by so many teams in it!

I am a math person so numbers are my thing and it bugs me as well, hence why I felt the need to respond, LOL! Also I was a runner in both high school and college and every time 2 people finished in front of me I was 3rd, didn't matter if they were a dead heat or not ;).
I will say I really enjoyed watching this division on both Saturday and Sunday, and was impressed by so many teams in it!
Thank you for responding! It's a peeve of mine as well. You and BlueCat said it well! :)

Back